FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[recovery][desire hd] twrp 2.8.6.0

15th May 2015, 12:08 PM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
ERROR 255 when partitioning with v2.8.6.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrior001

Thats 2gb right? May just be to big. I've got to charge my ace and find a spare sdcard to test with but I'll give it a shot to compare.

No 2GB is fine.
Some weeks ago I partitioned my 16 GB card with the same settings (2GB ext-fs, no swap, ext4) and had no problems. However, just now I tried again using a brand new 32 GB SD card, and I'm getting the same errors as Marek287.

I reverted to TWRP 2.8.5.2, and it partitioned the 32 GB card without any errors. I used the exact same settings in both cases.
The Following User Says Thank You to hammernl For This Useful Post: [ View ]

15th May 2015, 01:14 PM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 174

More
Info 2 5.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammernl

I reverted to TWRP 2.8.5.2, and it partitioned the 32 GB card without any errors. I used the exact same settings in both cases.

Totally agree, version 5.2 is the most correct at the moment!
Last edited by xda-dhd; 15th May 2015 at 01:30 PM.
15th May 2015, 01:31 PM |#213  
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammernl

No 2GB is fine.
Some weeks ago I partitioned my 16 GB card with the same settings (2GB ext-fs, no swap, ext4) and had no problems. However, just now I tried again using a brand new 32 GB SD card, and I'm getting the same errors as Marek287.

I'll have to poke around in twrp's source history and see what changed for this feature. I don't think anything on our end really has any affect on this feature.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread