FORUMS

Floating Apps with Rovers – XDA App Review

There are a lot of great launchers to help customize your phone. Some Launchers allow … more

What Features Do You Look for in a Gallery App?

With so many different options to choose from, finding the right Gallery app may be a … more

Google Photos ‘Unlimited’ Storage Reportedly Being Capped

When Google Photos was announced, many of us thought very highly … more

Sprint Moves to Lift Video Streaming Limit for All-In

Yesterday, Sprint announced a new unlimited scheme that offered customers an … more

[HOWTO] Revive a bricked P500 on fastboot mode (the SHORT way)

53 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By arvinoids, Member on 20th May 2011, 06:10 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
18th June 2014, 05:29 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobisoft

Sounds like you're flashing the wrong recovery or it's corrupt.

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

I found another recovery and restarted the phone. It thankfully started cooperating.

8th May 2015, 03:14 AM |#92  
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinoids

The usual DISCLAIMER: Use at your own risk!

Fastboot mode usually comes up if something went wrong when trying to flash a recovery image, for example when flashing AmonRa recovery or ClockWorkMod. It happened to me several times so I tried to learn to revive it without reflashing the original firmware. Note: This tutorial works only if recovery is the only one broken. (If the ROM itself is broken, then that's a subject for another tut.) In this case, the most logical thing to do is just reflash the recovery image. So how do you do it in fastboot mode? Here's how:

Symptom
You tried flashing a custom recovery like ClockWorkMod or Thunderg, or you flashed an incorrect ROM, and when you rebooted, it showed this screen:

Code:
fastboot mode started
udc_start()
and the phone stays there. When you plugin the phone to your computer's USB, it is detected and the screen has this display:

Code:
fastboot mode started
udc.start()
-- suspend --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
-- reset --
-- portchange --
You will need
1) Your PC and your USB cable for the phone
2) USB drivers for your phone (use B2C from LG).
3) Android SDK (download from here)
4) Java, required to run the SDK (but right now I am not sure if this is required to run fastboot!)
5) ClockWorkMod or AmonRa Recovery.

Here's what to do
1) Assuming phone is turned on in fastboot mode, plug it in to the USB of your PC. You will know that it is detected if you see the the lines "suspend", "reset" and whatnot on the phone's screen.
2) Extract the recovery image from the zipfile downloaded from step#5 above (e.g. LGp500-recovery-v12.img). Place the image file in the same folder where fastboot.exe is (usually in the tools\ folder in the SDK). For your convenience, rename the img file as recovery.img
3) Fire up your command prompt and cd to the directory where fastboot.exe is located. Then type the following command:
Code:
fastboot erase recovery
Once you get the confirmation that it was successful, type this:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Once you get the success confirmation, reboot the phone, or you can also type (optional):
Code:
fastboot reboot
The phone will reboot itself, and with any luck you should be able to go back to your same old Android bootscreen. Note that no settings were modified here, so this is extremely useful for those who do not want a clean slate after a fastboot nightmare.

Also, note that if this is successful, you can now boot to recovery with the usual button-combos, thus enabling you to flash ROMs and other recovery zips.

Note: On some SDK versions, fastboot may not be included. For your convenience, I have attached the fastboot binary I got from my downloaded SDK. I have also attached AdbWinApi.dll which some user reported is missing in the SDK. Place the DLL in the same folder where fastboot.exe is located.

Questions, just drop me a line here

gaw taga cebu ka gaw?? swetoha nimo aning nin.ani uie add ko facebook beh magpatudlo ta ko nimo plss?
8th May 2015, 01:47 PM |#93  
Flag Louisville,Ky
Thanks Meter: 1,465

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmak17(AlcatelPopC7)

gaw taga cebu ka gaw?? swetoha nimo aning nin.ani uie add ko facebook beh magpatudlo ta ko nimo plss?

English please.
8th May 2015, 02:50 PM |#94  
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibub

English please.

im sorry im just talking dialect bcuz the op has the same country with me
15th May 2015, 04:37 AM |#95  
OP Member
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Sorry all, I didn't realize this thread was still alive. I am now using another phone, but if help is needed, perhaps we can do something about it. I am thinking of going back to LG. Best dev phones. No problem reviving from bricked state at all.
17th May 2015, 02:56 AM |#96  
Flag Mishawaka
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvinoids

Sorry all, I didn't realize this thread was still alive. I am now using another phone, but if help is needed, perhaps we can do something about it. I am thinking of going back to LG. Best dev phones. No problem reviving from bricked state at all.

Have you thought about getting the oneplus one? .. Lots going on over there.. Excellent dev support..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
brick, fastboot, recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread