FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM] [4.4.4] SlimKat d2att (at&t) Stable 9.0

6th May 2015, 02:48 PM |#1261  
Thanks Meter: 417

More
I have dialpad tones activated in call settings but no tones are heard during phone calls (e.g. entering conference call pins, selecting options with automated answering machines, etc.). Is this a known bug or do I need to activate another setting?

6th May 2015, 10:45 PM |#1262  
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 5,289

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

I have dialpad tones activated in call settings but no tones are heard during phone calls (e.g. entering conference call pins, selecting options with automated answering machines, etc.). Is this a known bug or do I need to activate another setting?

Need to check Volume Settings too.
7th May 2015, 06:51 PM |#1263  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

Need to check Volume Settings too.

Ahh... that was the problem. I always keep my phone on vibrate. All other ROMs I've tried still emit the dialpad tones when the phone is set to vibrate. On SlimKat, setting the phone to vibrate also mutes the dialpad tones. Argh!
Last edited by sjamie; 8th May 2015 at 06:00 AM.
11th May 2015, 04:53 PM |#1264  

More
Is there an option to add the brightness slider to the notification dropdown?
12th May 2015, 04:44 AM |#1265  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone else had an issue with the aspect ratio in the front facing camera getting stretched vertically when using Snapchat?

It seems like Snapchat can't access a 16:9 setting on the FFC, so it uses 4:3 and stretches it to fill the whole screen. Looking in the settings for the camera app and some third party ones, I can't change any of them to 16:9 for the FFC either.

The rear facing camera works fine in Snapchat, and I can set it to 16:9 on other camera apps as well.

I've heard about others having this problem on on Slimkat on other devices, and even other ROMs. Apparently some other ROMs fixed the issue but it's still present in build 9 on d2att/d2lte.
12th May 2015, 01:52 PM |#1266  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemoose613

Has anyone else had an issue with the aspect ratio in the front facing camera getting stretched vertically when using Snapchat?

It seems like Snapchat can't access a 16:9 setting on the FFC, so it uses 4:3 and stretches it to fill the whole screen. Looking in the settings for the camera app and some third party ones, I can't change any of them to 16:9 for the FFC either.

The rear facing camera works fine in Snapchat, and I can set it to 16:9 on other camera apps as well.

I've heard about others having this problem on on Slimkat on other devices, and even other ROMs. Apparently some other ROMs fixed the issue but it's still present in build 9 on d2att/d2lte.

Don't know about how it was fixed but it's fixed in the cm12 lollipop builds.
13th May 2015, 07:26 PM |#1267  
Forum Moderator
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 5,289

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjamie

Is there an option to add the brightness slider to the notification dropdown?

You can add it to QS Tiles. Nothing Like Stock unless you add Power Widgets or something like that.
13th May 2015, 07:40 PM |#1268  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenhal

Don't know about how it was fixed but it's fixed in the cm12 lollipop builds.

Thanks. I see that mentioned in their thread now.

I'm not sure I want to switch just to solve this problem though - I'll probably end up with more issues on CM12 from what it sounds like. I'm really happy with Slimkat aside from the Snapchat problems so I might just have to deal with it.
13th May 2015, 07:41 PM |#1269  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus

You can add it to QS Tiles. Nothing Like Stock unless you add Power Widgets or something like that.

Yes, I have it as a QS Tile but I miss the stock look. No worries.
18th May 2015, 02:47 PM |#1270  

More
Is there a way to reverse volume buttons when screen is rotated? I think I'm overlooking that option somewhere or does it only exist in Lollipop?
Last edited by sjamie; 18th May 2015 at 02:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread