FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] HTC One M8 Camera file naming convention?

5th June 2014, 01:21 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Thanks for any help!
 
 
24th July 2014, 05:09 PM |#2  
Shinteetah's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid

Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.
25th July 2014, 04:21 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinteetah

Yes, please! I just got a replacement and all photo file names are duplicating. I can't find anywhere how to change the naming convention.

Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

NameExif
http://www.digicamsoft.com/softnamexif.html

run the free program on your old files and it'll rename them according to the exif date data.
25th July 2014, 04:59 AM |#4  
Shinteetah's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid

Huge fail on HTC's part with this one. Here's an alternative to help sort through your issue.

Thanks for the tip!
7th November 2014, 01:57 AM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
I found the ability to prepend a timestamp to camera files in the HTC one tweaker xposed module
The Following User Says Thank You to morgej For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2015, 10:04 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Have you tried Dropbox?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagvoid

Has anyone come across a method to change the file naming convention on the HTC One M8? I want to have the date and time stamp included in the file name like other Android devices utilize. This not only helps easily identify the images without checking image meta data, but eliminates duplicate file names after flashing new roms.

Thanks for any help!

I noticed that when I installed Dropbox, it automatically saved all my pictures and videos on my computer with the format you're requesting. This still doesn't solve the issue where it's fixed on my phone, but it wouldn't be too hard to just copy and paste them back after they're all uploaded to Dropbox. Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Verizon One (M8) Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank