FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Half-Life 2 (portal) playable on non-tegra devices [How to]

11th March 2015, 08:46 PM |#111  
Flag Gabrovo
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I got it working but the screen goes black after it loads up the first chapter. I've got an s3 neo running BDITA 1.1. The sound, logo and even credits are intact but I can't see the any of the textures/models. Does anyone know how to fix this?

22nd March 2015, 11:28 PM |#112  
Flag Levice
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchelino

Hi all!

I find way to play Half-life 2 on non-tegra devices. I get it run on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Snapdragon 800 version) using app GLTools. Just make sure you install on start GLTools second options (install texture decoders on first gltools install), then download game and set settings for HL2 in GLTools like these:

activate function Optimize GLSL shaders
Use fake gpu info
Template: tegra 4
Simple mapbuffer emulation
Software VBO emulation
Use packed stencil buffer

With these settings and connected moga controller i was able to run game and play it. Its playable but sometimes its get laggy on in bigger arenas. I also get crash bug on the end of first part - after the first elevator part the game hang on a loading screen. Its always crash but it has solution - just start HL2 again, start new game and chose second part, it will be already avaliable and you can continue in playing Enjoy!! For now i have something about 1hour of playing and still no problem. Only thing is sometimes weird textures, but this is done by emulating T4.

And now question on you all - i wonder if its possible to hack google play, that i can see and buy portal too?? I want to try it. I thing Portal will be playable too with these settings.

Still crashing after Valve logo.
But i have only normal USB gamepad, but i dont get warning message with it.
24th March 2015, 10:35 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
How to launch HL2 on SGS3 (Cortex-A9 !)?
NamelessRom, 5.0.1
Last edited by RusJJ; 24th March 2015 at 10:40 PM.
19th May 2015, 12:48 AM |#114  
Flag Cagayan De Oro
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question Support for HTC phones???
I got an HTC Desire 816, decided to run this with the settings on the first post...
But textures are black... Can you help me???
Running CM12 Official nightlies (or whatever it's called)
I use a Xbox 360 controller (wired)
Last edited by DeviceConfig; 19th May 2015 at 12:53 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gltools, half-life 2, how to, non-tegra, portal
Previous Thread Next Thread