FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [d2att/d2cri/d2mtr/d2usc]

7th May 2015, 10:28 AM |#561  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPollard

If anyone is wondering why I haven't posted a new build, it's because (according to the CM code review) there haven't been any CM11 updates that affect the SGS3, nor have there really been any significant CM11 updates, period. I think we're entering the "end times" here, and it's only a matter of time before CM11 updates end for good. In the meantime, the last Carbon build I posted is probably the most up to date we're going to get for a while (if ever), so enjoy.

official cm 12.1 nightlies have been out since apr 30

7th May 2015, 03:42 PM |#562  
Flag Wixom, Michigan
Thanks Meter: 734

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cLogic

official cm 12.1 nightlies have been out since apr 30

And that's relevant to a thread about Carbon ROM KitKat because...?
9th May 2015, 03:22 AM |#563  
Flag Montreal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPollard

And that's relevant to a thread about Carbon ROM KitKat because...?

because carbonRom is based on CM device trees ... so now that CM has released OFFICIAL nightlies for our devices, carbonRom releases might be imminent

I loved this rom .. I look forward in great anticipation!
The Following User Says Thank You to cLogic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th May 2015, 04:09 AM |#564  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Anybody else experiencing SSL issues with carbonrom.org? And the downloads page has been timing out for several days now since I've been trying it...
17th May 2015, 09:58 PM |#565  
Greenville, SC
Thanks Meter: 270

More
Yeah I'm having issues accessing it, too. I was hoping to try this rom out. I remember using carbon on another phone awhile ago and really liking it too.
18th May 2015, 01:32 AM |#566  
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Yes the website is not working on PC browsers either. Their site Certificate has expired. So its not a ROM issue, its the website. I have also posted a Framework-Res wake lock Fix in this thread and contacted the OP about putting it on the first page but I have not heard anything from him as of yet. It would be nice if my Fix was posted here for users of this ROM.
18th May 2015, 07:05 PM |#567  
Flag Montreal

More
they are aware of the website problem ... follow them on google ... https://plus.google.com/+Carbon-rom/posts
18th May 2015, 07:46 PM |#568  

More
****Deleted****
Last edited by ocd_amp; 19th May 2015 at 04:41 AM.
18th May 2015, 08:04 PM |#569  
Flag Montreal

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd_amp

Good to see a fellow Montrealer with the exact same GS3 as I do

lol ... nice .. altho videotron has offered Me upgrades since jan, but there's no device I really want, yet
you have the T999V? dont you have the I747M, being on rogers?

sorry people with instant notification ... yes, I know .. we're off topic
19th May 2015, 04:39 AM |#570  

More
Oops I am so sorry! With 30 or so tabs open, pardon me, my mistake! Yes I have the i747M - What a terrible misread on my part. Good catch though! By the way I went onto the Carbon google page, and laughed at that Batman slapping the kid with the STFU. Funniest thing I've seen in a while. I don't know what is going on with Carbon lately tbh but with this phone I will stick to KitKat until I know for sure that LP is stable. KitKat is running in champ mode. The ONLY thing I have noticed so far is a lag with Apex or HoloLauncher no matter what I do, as well as when ever I wipe Dalvik+Cache and Reboot, the Launcher and Desktop shows up before the Lockscreen does. After a second, the Lockscreen shows up. Its a small thing but very unprofessional on the part of CM. Enjoy the weather even though its raining, but atleast its not cold tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cLogic

lol ... nice .. altho videotron has offered Me upgrades since jan, but there's no device I really want, yet
you have the T999V? dont you have the I747M, being on rogers?

sorry people with instant notification ... yes, I know .. we're off topic

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread