FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

3rd April 2015, 11:06 PM |#721  
Flag San Carlos, CA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman

Stay away from tmobile, yes the branding is the same but the hardware is different. I always had driver issues on g2 so check that also

Here is the KDZ for claro
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downlo...D80110A_00.kdz

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot, man! I was able to flash Claro 4.2.2 KDZ. I used my working PC with Windows 7, everything went smoothly. Unfortunately reflashing stock didn't fix the problem with the touchscreen (I was hoping it can do the trick like some guys reported in other threads). But I still have a big area of the screen (on the keyboard part) which is unresponsive... so the only use for this G2 will be as mp3 player

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murshad007

[/COLOR]

are you sure you have D803?

I bought a D802 32GB, But seller fraud with me and sold a refurbished set..

It have a IMEI of D802, But When I flash D802 its storage becomes 16GB, Baseband and IMEI unknown, Touch totally not working..

I opened the board and it's D801 TMUS board.. But when I flashed D801 T-Mobile storage becomes normal, 32GB.
Touch working except 4 5 6 area of dial pad.. And Baseband and IMEI still unknown..

When I Flashed a D803 Modem, Baseband and IMEI returns..
( Flashing of Jelly Bean V10C Tot of D802, And Asia KK 20C, Thailand KK 20C, Open Europe KK 20H all failed.
Flashing Of T-Mobile TOT Jelly bean, KDZ of KK V20A, V20G didn't worked..

Qualcomm 9006 Flashing, Unbricking Every partition didn't solved, Either with D801, or D802 Files..

Qualcomm 9008 Flashing, Super unbricking + Restoring Misc Image of Different D801 D802 files didn't solved..

I have check the phone hardware in 9008 mode twice.. Its 100% Passes..

Now remains only the touch issue. Which can be hardware or software most probably... As in Grid Test. All rectangular areas of Screen are working.

So, I want to Flash a D803 ROM, Hex edited TOT file first with Open DLL and then some KDZ. So this touch issue also solve.. How Can I check which version to Flash?

Kindly see the pictures for Touch screen golden strips, and other Marking..

S, LS980 Stoker on Top Right, don't know why.
And D801/ 803 on bottom left, black plastic...

Motherboard is D801 TMUS 100%

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app[/QUOTE]

Hi, this is way over my knowledge, man! I hope some masterminds can suggest you a trick or a couple of tricks. My issue with touchscreen seems to be a hardware so I finally done with flashing and bricks

3rd April 2015, 11:17 PM |#722  
Flag Northwest Territories, Canada
Thanks Meter: 328

More
@alexsoin Have you tried any apps from the play store? Or may need a new digitizer

Last edited by Dene_Bluesman; 3rd April 2015 at 11:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dene_Bluesman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd April 2015, 11:19 PM |#723  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsoin

Thanks a lot, man! I was able to flash Claro 4.2.2 KDZ. I used my working PC with Windows 7, everything went smoothly. Unfortunately reflashing stock didn't fix the problem with the touchscreen (I was hoping it can do the trick like some guys reported in other threads). But I still have a big area of the screen (on the keyboard part) which is unresponsive... so the only use for this G2 will be as mp3 player

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

I bought a D802 32GB, But seller fraud with me and sold a refurbished set..

It have a IMEI of D802, But When I flash D802 its storage becomes 16GB, Baseband and IMEI unknown, Touch totally not working..

I opened the board and it's D801 TMUS board.. But when I flashed D801 T-Mobile storage becomes normal, 32GB.
Touch working except 4 5 6 area of dial pad.. And Baseband and IMEI still unknown..

When I Flashed a D803 Modem, Baseband and IMEI returns..
( Flashing of Jelly Bean V10C Tot of D802, And Asia KK 20C, Thailand KK 20C, Open Europe KK 20H all failed.
Flashing Of T-Mobile TOT Jelly bean, KDZ of KK V20A, V20G didn't worked..

Qualcomm 9006 Flashing, Unbricking Every partition didn't solved, Either with D801, or D802 Files..

Qualcomm 9008 Flashing, Super unbricking + Restoring Misc Image of Different D801 D802 files didn't solved..

I have check the phone hardware in 9008 mode twice.. Its 100% Passes..

Now remains only the touch issue. Which can be hardware or software most probably... As in Grid Test. All rectangular areas of Screen are working.

So, I want to Flash a D803 ROM, Hex edited TOT file first with Open DLL and then some KDZ. So this touch issue also solve.. How Can I check which version to Flash?

Kindly see the pictures for Touch screen golden strips, and other Marking..

S, LS980 Stoker on Top Right, don't know why.
And D801/ 803 on bottom left, black plastic...

Motherboard is D801 TMUS 100%

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app

Hi, this is way over my knowledge, man! I hope some masterminds can suggest you a trick or a couple of tricks. My issue with touchscreen seems to be a hardware so I finally done with flashing and bricks [/QUOTE]

D801/ D803 is written on bottom Left Black Plastic..

Which D803 ROM should I try... That's the question.

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app
4th April 2015, 12:09 AM |#724  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murshad007

Hi, this is way over my knowledge, man! I hope some masterminds can suggest you a trick or a couple of tricks. My issue with touchscreen seems to be a hardware so I finally done with flashing and bricks

D801/ D803 is written on bottom Left Black Plastic..

Which D803 ROM should I try... That's the question.

Sent from My LG G Flex LG-F340K Stock KitKat V20D on LTE Network using XDA Free Mobile app[/QUOTE]
Cloudy ran great on my D803.

5th April 2015, 05:42 AM |#725  
Flag San Carlos, CA
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman

@alexsoin Have you tried any apps from the play store? Or may need a new digitizer

What kind of apps? I have relatively big unresponsive area on the lower left part of the screen. It's appearing in any rom, twrp (almost unreal to swipe for flash/wipe or unlock - superannoying), after flashing complete stock. The only workaround is to use keyboard in horizontal mode. I guess change of LCD/digitizer assembly should fix the issue but it's starting from 50$ and they vary by the model. So again D801 or D803 could be possibly not compatible with stupid Claro model. And I'm def not the best person in "ifixit" mode, remember my attempts to change ipod battery and HDD to SSD 2-3 years ago, even though I finally succeeded, it was a nightmare...
5th April 2015, 05:53 AM |#726  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexsoin

What kind of apps? I have relatively big unresponsive area on the lower left part of the screen. It's appearing in any rom, twrp (almost unreal to swipe for flash/wipe or unlock - superannoying), after flashing complete stock. The only workaround is to use keyboard in horizontal mode. I guess change of LCD/digitizer assembly should fix the issue but it's starting from 50$ and they vary by the model. So again D801 or D803 could be possibly not compatible with stupid Claro model. And I'm def not the best person in "ifixit" mode, remember my attempts to change ipod battery and HDD to SSD 2-3 years ago, even though I finally succeeded, it was a nightmare...

Where I am from there are about 20 different places that would do it. For a fee of course good luck

5th May 2015, 12:34 AM |#727  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandys1

Here's the reply I received when I asked about the D803 kernel source. I suggest a couple more of you post on http://opensource.lge.com asking about D803 source.

could someone else also post a question to LG about D803 source code ? I'm not getting any updates yet at http://opensource.lge.com/osSch/list...LL&search=d803
The Following User Says Thank You to sandys1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th May 2015, 10:04 PM |#728  
Flag Carolina
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Hello I just got this phone and was trying to get a custom recovery on it using auto rec stuck my phone on fastboot had to recover from it flashing a lot of .img files but the trouble I have know is that the phone wont boot to recovery at all

its a Claro Pr D801 and im using it on ATT any help would be appreciated
19th May 2015, 10:43 AM |#729  
Thanks Meter: 109

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantiszar

Hello I just got this phone and was trying to get a custom recovery on it using auto rec stuck my phone on fastboot had to recover from it flashing a lot of .img files but the trouble I have know is that the phone wont boot to recovery at all

its a Claro Pr D801 and im using it on ATT any help would be appreciated

Uh oh - you seem to have a QHUSB 9008 error as a result of flashing the wrong recovery... same as me. First go and read this first.

Now go and find the thread the Android Development section around QHUSB 9008 error. Please note that most likely, you will need to pay 20-30$ for someone to recover your phone (not data - that is lost).

One last thing - remember that the phone you have is a D803. Only use D803 recoveries, modems and ROMs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bell, claro pr, d801, d803, lg g2
Previous Thread Next Thread