25 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
By Jrock_Xtreme, Junior Member on 13th January 2014, 07:05 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th May 2015, 08:00 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 38
Originally Posted by Jrock_Xtreme

Hi All,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE (SGH-I727R, but the same as the SGH-I727) and was wondering how a guy would go about re-partitioning the internal storage on the phone.

The phone has 16gb of internal memory. This has been partitioned, from what I can see, into 2gb and 12gb. The 2gb 'system' partition where your OS and apps, etc are installed and the 12gb storage partition for things like photos, music, movies, etc.

I don't store anything on my phone, mostly just photos. So i have approximately 9gb of the 12gb of the 'storage' partition available. However, the 'system' partition is pretty much maxed out. I'm running Vincom's Superlite CM10.2 rom with minimal apps installed, but it says that i only have around 160mb available and I've begun to received the 'low storage space' error/notification.

I understand that I can use Odin to re-partition the device but that I require .pit files in order to do so. Furthermore, the stock .pit files wouldn't change the size of the partitions. Ideally I'd like to increase the size of my 'system' partition and reduce the size of my 'storage' partition.

Can anyone out there help me? Please let me know if you need more info from my device.

Read this: , it succesfully works in my AT&T i727 Skyrocket.
19th May 2015, 05:22 PM |#32  
Flag Pipersville
Thanks Meter: 3
Confirmed works on Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket i727
Originally Posted by franzpimp87

Read this: , it succesfully works in my AT&T i727 Skyrocket.

Using instructions from this thread:

I used file: SGH-T989-PIT(OC).pit
Flashed with ODIN 3.07
to my i272 worked perfectly:
I now have 1.23 GB System ROM
8.46 GB Internal Data
5 GB Internal SD
(+ 64 GB ext SD Card)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-19-10-58-52.png
Views:	88