Resize ext2 partition??

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 10
By mayank06199, Member on 21st January 2014, 07:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So, I have a samsung galaxy young s6312, stock android 4.1.2 jellybean, rooted. Since the internal memory is very low, I use link2sd to link app files to my external sd card. Now I have created an ext2 partition of 1.5 gb to use with link2sd. but now the partition is full, and my internal memory is also full, because I have installed about 3gb of apps in my phone, half are in the second partition, and half are on my internal memory. so now I want to know if there is a way I can increase the size of my second partition. if I had enough memory, I would have moved the apps to my internal memory temporarily, but I don't have enough internal memory to move the linked apps to my internal memory. so is there any way to increase size of second partition without formatting it?? NOTE: I don't have any problem in formatting the first partition if necessary, but I can't format the second partition. NOTE: the sd card I use is of 8 gb...
The Following User Says Thank You to mayank06199 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 06:24 AM |#2  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 0
Question I have the same issue...
... so I'm disappointed to see that no one has replied.

I have a rooted LD-D520 with Android 4.1.2. Since I quickly ran out of memory I added an 8GB SD card and partitioned it with a 1.5GB ext2. I used Link2SD to them move over most all my apps. I don't have that many, but some of them have gotten so big (FB, Skype, etc.) that I now have only 5% free space on the ext2. I don't have much space left on the internal memory either, so I thought I'd try to make the ext2 partition bigger. (There's lot of free space on the SD card since I'm not using much of the other partition.) I tried using the MiniTool Partition Wizard, but even after reducing the size of the non-ext2 partition to create some unallocated space I was still unable to resize the ext2 partition.

Any suggestions? Is there an easy way to do this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread