FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005) RESTART by itself ?

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By joseph74, Junior Member on 18th January 2014, 05:28 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
7th February 2015, 04:34 AM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanga1969

Since root and set cpu I've had no issues.. Its the only fix I know of.

Hello have you used post #47 in your setcpu settings? Thx.

Edit: I have root without tripping knox and applied the posted settings for setcpu and it's been a day no reboots. Going strong. Can't thx enough. I usually have 4 5 freezes and random reboots every day but nothing so far

Update : hello everyone this is for the people who do not want to root their phones. Long story short I wanted to unroot the phone for Warrenty purposes. So I flashes the rom with Odin. The restart came back. However I decided to refresh my phone using kies 3.0 and guess what I was able to flash firmware through kies and the problem solved. No freezes reboots. No root required. Mind that I flashed different version of my carrier's stock firmware though Odin but the reboot problem persisted. But after flashing through kies. It's gone. I am a happy camper again. Good luck to those who don't want to root their phones. Gives kies 3 a try and see if you get rid of random reboots.
Last edited by adiprince1; 10th February 2015 at 08:27 AM.

20th May 2015, 03:55 PM |#72  
Flag Buffalo NY
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I'm on JasmineROM 5.0.2 Android 5.0 and I still get the random reboots, sometimes 5 - 10 times a day if i am using the phone a lot, sometimes it's just sitting on a desk and reboots on it's own. Flashed numerous ROMs numerous versions of Android, different microSD cards, wifi settings, etc.... At this point I just purchased another battery to see if that helps at all as I have read it fixed it for some people. I figure it's worth a try for $10. Just holding out until Note 5.

Verizon.....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread