FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[HOW TO] Activate Moto G Verizon Prepaid as Verizon Postpaid

28th December 2014, 09:10 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
One thing that hasnt been answered or brought up, is the people who have been successful activating on post paid lines, was the line off contract on month to month or already on the 2year contract? Meaning was the line up for upgrade?

28th December 2014, 10:44 PM |#42  
OP Member
San Jose
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrichardson

One thing that hasnt been answered or brought up, is the people who have been successful activating on post paid lines, was the line off contract on month to month or already on the 2year contract? Meaning was the line up for upgrade?

The success is based on device and not the contract. Most of us fail at the point where we are trying to reach the activation number for postpaid devices. Hope that answers your question.
28th December 2014, 11:24 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windraver

The success is based on device and not the contract. Most of us fail at the point where we are trying to reach the activation number for postpaid devices. Hope that answers your question.

No. It didn't answer it. I have one line that has lg g2 under contract with unlimited data from a loop hole but contact extends until 2016. The other line has GS3 off contract. Which line would people have more success to activate on post paid?
29th December 2014, 12:12 AM |#44  
OP Member
San Jose

More
Neither. Success is not based on the contract but on the prepaid device you are trying to activate. By act of some system we have no insight into, a prepaid device, in this example, a Verizon moto g, is either allowed to access the activation number or is not allowed to access the activation number. Upon the success of connecting to an activation number, regardless of whether the postpaid line you activate on is in contract, off contract, etc, you can activate the device as a replacement phone. The point of failure/success is dependent on the device's ability to connect to Verizon's activation number.

Essentially the same answer but more explanation. Does that answer your question?
10th January 2015, 08:27 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by windraver

Neither. Success is not based on the contract but on the prepaid device you are trying to activate. By act of some system we have no insight into, a prepaid device, in this example, a Verizon moto g, is either allowed to access the activation number or is not allowed to access the activation number. Upon the success of connecting to an activation number, regardless of whether the postpaid line you activate on is in contract, off contract, etc, you can activate the device as a replacement phone. The point of failure/success is dependent on the device's ability to connect to Verizon's activation number.

Essentially the same answer but more explanation. Does that answer your question?

Look, here is the deal. I've been a Verizon customer for the last 4 years. Started out post-paid, decided I didn't like paying $120 a month with overage charges, the minute the 2 year contract was up I called Verizon and switched my phone (a rooted postpaid Droid X) to prepaid. Dropped the cost to $70 a month. Finally decided I needed a new phone a month ago, walked into the Verizon store bought a Moto G in a prepaid box. Walked out and discovered it wouldn't tether, logged into MyVerizon and switched it to the 'newer' prepaid accounts that are even cheaper. Your not supposed to be able to do that on a new Prepaid phone until you have owned it a year - Verizon didn't care, they let me. Now, 2 weeks later I'm getting texts and calls from Verizon saying I'm such a good customer of theirs I can switch my phone to Postpaid if I want.

My $0.02?

Verizon isn't run by complete dumasses. They have every last MEID of every phone they ever sold in their CDMA database. If you have been with them a long time - and aren't buying a brand-new carrier subsidized phone from the moment your contract allows it - they don't give a tinker's damn whether you bought the phone as prepaid or postpaid - they will activate it on whatever you want. Just call customer service.
28th April 2015, 06:36 PM |#46  
Flag Palm City, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I picked up a Moto G on Verizon from Amazon.
Followed the above to bypass activation.
The line I want to use the phone on is a business account. Off contract.
Tried the *228, got differing results, mostly the number you are trying to activate can not be found.
Decided to login to Verizon and change devices.
Put in the new ID. ACCEPTED!. Phone still not active.
Called Verizon. Tech said "hmm" next thing I knew the phone went active.
Your mileage may vary....

Steve
20th May 2015, 06:22 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Was anyone able to kinda persuade a customer service operator into activating the device? I mean, it's worth the shot of just asking a real person...
20th May 2015, 06:57 PM |#48  
OP Member
San Jose

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reigartd14

Was anyone able to kinda persuade a customer service operator into activating the device? I mean, it's worth the shot of just asking a real person...

Nope. Tried to do that on a 2nd Moto G for my sister but was denied.
21st May 2015, 02:37 AM |#49  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
For those that just bought this cheap from best buy and are trying to skip the activation. What I did was press on the status bar multiple times and the soft keys would some what show up. I press the recent apps menu as soon as it would appear and I was able to swipe the activation away.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread