FORUMS

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more

Original Moto G Receives Lollipop, OTA Captured

The original Moto G was released almost two years ago. Motorola still continues to … more

Device Review: No.1 X1 Rugged Smartphone

We are almost at the end of Q2 for 2015, and we have seen most of the flagship phones for the … more

When a Friend or Family Member Asks for a Phone Recommendation, What Do You Tell Them?

The majority of us here at XDA would consider … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[How To] Add More Apps in Ultra Power Saving Mode (UPSM)

20th January 2015, 04:20 PM |#21  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Non-functional Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsaw

UPSM is good way to save some battery when needed, but only a very limited apps we can use under UPSM. With root access, we can add more apps support in UPSM.

Well, the whole idea of UPSM is to save battery, why on earth we want to add more apps to drain the battery? Because we can

For the start, our mod will add a few applications so you can test it out before customizing your own application list.

Apps added in our mod:

1) Camera
2) Gallery
3) Torch (included AOSP torch.apk for this feature)
4) Chrome
5) Hangout

Instruction to add more apps to UPSM

1) Download the UPSM_Add_More_Apps.zip from : http://electron-team.com/ADDONS/other/

2) Put zip file in sd card.

3) Boot in recovery and clear cache partition

4) Flash the zip file and reboot your phone

5) Boot into UPSM to test the added applications

How to add your own apps?

6) Go to system/csc and open up allowed_apps_upsm.xml with text editor

7) Add your desired applications. You need to know the application Package Name and the Main Class Name. Check the app's Android.Manifest.xml to find out.

8) Then go to phone data/data/com.sec.android.emergencylauncher/databases/ and delete EmergencyLauncherUPSM.db

9) Reboot your phone.

10) Done.

Note: Music app doesn't work in UPSM because some background services has been turn off.

Wish to have Xposed module or app to easily add more app to UPSM? Me too. Let's hope somebody could make one in future.

Eteam

Hi E-Team!!!! I was wondering, is possible if you can provide the link again for the UPSM zip file please? The link doesn't work any more. Thank you!

23rd January 2015, 04:17 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqc2010

Hi E-Team!!!! I was wondering, is possible if you can provide the link again for the UPSM zip file please? The link doesn't work any more. Thank you!

Can someone please put up a download link that's good.the one listed does not work. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910T using XDA Free mobile app
23rd January 2015, 12:58 PM |#23  
Flag Tallahassee
Thanks Meter: 580

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23

Can someone please put up a download link that's good.the one listed does not work. Thanks

Try this one. If not, Google is your friend. That's how I found this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751785

SM-G870A Peace
The Following User Says Thank You to berniesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2015, 03:05 PM |#24  
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniesteven

Try this one. If not, Google is your friend. That's how I found this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2751785

SM-G870A Peace

The thing is I have tried this link several times. Wihle I do get UPSM manager on my phone, I'm unable to save the apps, or rather, the apps that I save don't appear on the list of apps I want on UPSM. I was hoping if the zip file can be the solutionI was looking for, then maybe that would've helped. Don't worry, i know how Google works, its just getting a zip file was something that I was intending of getting
The Following User Says Thank You to saqc2010 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2015, 03:31 PM |#25  
Flag Tallahassee

More
Quote:

The thing is I have tried this link several times. Wihle I do get UPSM manager on my phone, I'm unable to save the apps, or rather, the apps that I save don't appear on the list of apps I want on UPSM. I was hoping if the zip file can be the solutionI was looking for, then maybe that would've helped. Don't worry, i know how Google works, its just getting a zip file was something that I was intending of getting

Read a few pages back, or the other thread. You have to clear data in emergency service app.

Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57556247

SM-G870A Peace
Last edited by berniesteven; 23rd January 2015 at 03:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to berniesteven For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2015, 06:30 PM |#26  
Flag New York City

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by berniesteven

Read a few pages back, or the other thread. You have to clear data in emergency service app.

Here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=57556247

SM-G870A Peace

I've done so per this recommendation. I installed UPSM, cleared the data for both Emergencies, selected my apps that I wanted, restarted the phone and turned on UPSM. No luck
24th January 2015, 03:48 AM |#27  
Flag Tallahassee

More
Quote:

I've done so per this recommendation. I installed UPSM, cleared the data for both Emergencies, selected my apps that I wanted, restarted the phone and turned on UPSM. No luck

Don't know what to say. It worked for me. Try clearing upsm data and cache.

SM-G870A Peace
25th February 2015, 03:10 AM |#28  
Flag City of Elmore
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xda23

hello i got mine from http :// www61. zippyshare. com/v/22091412/file. html

(sorry I'm not allowed to put outside links, please remove spaces)
The Following User Says Thank You to cinnamorollpuff For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2015, 08:42 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HORRIBLE!!!!
Installing the zip deleted my internal memory and did an automatic system restore. HORRIBLE. Did exactly as instructed.
Yesterday, 03:33 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 143

More
Hello, sorry to raise this thread up from the dead but...does anyone know how to add apps on galaxy s6 lollipop stock tw ro m? thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
emergency launcher, power save, s5 power save, ultra power save, upsm
Previous Thread Next Thread