Please Suggest a Stable ROM for XOOM MZ601 - Everest?

Search This thread

Hassan_Elyas

Jul 1, 2011
Hyderabad
www.hassanelyas.com
Hello XOOMERS! :highfive:

I just rooted my Motorola XOOM 3G Version - MZ601 (Named as Everest,correct me if I'm wrong!) Running on ICS 4.0.4.
The reason i rooted my device was to overclock so that some games don't lag on it,also i wanted to try Jellybean custom rom if available for my model.

Please provide the link for a stable jellybean rom for MZ601 Everest XOOM and also advice on which kernel to flash with.
I would be really glad if someone could help me :)

XxLordxX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2011
Campinas
Hi new rooted Xoomer! Glad to see you here ;).
There are some good ROMs out there, my favs are CM10.1 and EOS4. But you can try some others :D. In the second post of my FAQ (Sticky in Q&A) I covered up most of Xoom ROMs out, hope you can find one really suitable for your needs.

Happy flashing ;).
~Lord

grab1028

Aug 7, 2013
hello..

Can someone help me..? I installed new rom with 4.2.2 on my xoom mz601, now my xoom is failing to work properly,i think the rom installed is not that stable, my device keeps on restarting randomly, im looking all over the net for a better rom, I've read an article about eos4 working properly and I wanna try that but unfortunately all links they're showing are dead links.. Can somene here assist me..??

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
Can someone help me..? I installed new rom with 4.2.2 on my xoom mz601, now my xoom is failing to work properly,i think the rom installed is not that stable, my device keeps on restarting randomly, im looking all over the net for a better rom, I've read an article about eos4 working properly and I wanna try that but unfortunately all links they're showing are dead links.. Can somene here assist me..??

Which ROM did you install that is giving you issues? Have you flashed a custom kernel?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

TheMan0790

May 22, 2011
I'm running CM 10.1 and it is very stable for me. Maybe a bad flash. Did you try doing a fresh install of the ROM after wiping your XOOM?

grab1028

Aug 7, 2013
I'm running CM 10.1 and it is very stable for me. Maybe a bad flash. Did you try doing a fresh install of the ROM after wiping your XOOM?

Sorry for the late reply... Just got a chance of hooking up to the net again..

Would you mind giving me a good and working link of which i could download the neccessary files for my device? (i.e. Roms, gapps, kernels, etc.) I'm. Really having a hard time looking for suitable rom for my xoom mz601..

kblade29m

Aug 3, 2012
Sorry for the late reply... Just got a chance of hooking up to the net again..

Would you mind giving me a good and working link of which i could download the neccessary files for my device? (i.e. Roms, gapps, kernels, etc.) I'm. Really having a hard time looking for suitable rom for my xoom mz601..

CyanogenMod 10.1 For the Motorola Xoom (Wingray, Stingray, & Everest)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36323976&postcount=1

Gapps
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=36324004&postcount=2

Reactions: grab1028

dsbnz

Sep 30, 2009
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
hello again kblade,

thanks for your assistance. apology for my very late response.. I'm just wondering what to download, is it everest? Wingray? or Stingray?

MZ601 is Everest, but if you dont use the 3g (sim card) connection, Wingray will also work.

Everest (MZ601) = 3g + WiFi
Wingray (MZ604) = WiFi only

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts