FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Streaming XBMC to Chromecast

13th April 2015, 06:46 AM |#261  
Flag Kashmir
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketgeek

Hi , Thanks a bunch!!!, Yours is a best solution !!!.. I used your file to cast showbox and dailymotion to chromecast.. really appreciate if you have a solution to cast xmbc

Dailymotion already has chromecast support !!

23rd April 2015, 09:53 PM |#262  
Flag Lisbon
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaliscienxe

localcast will let you use open subtitles. org... all you need to do its select the folder (where u download the subtitles for the movie or tv show) in localcast before u cast to firetv, chromecast, xbox, etc.

But that is for local files. But to watch streams where the subtitles are saved in the same location that the stream I haven't find any solution.
4th May 2015, 04:56 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
For the last week I haven't been able to stream Kodi from my android to my CC. I have changed playercore to use both localcast and bubbleupnp, but neither have been able to stream to my CC. Localcast continues to try and load the stream with no success and bubble continues to say no http stream found. Have updated kodi, bubble and localcast and still haven't got any to work.

Am I the only one with this issue 😢
4th May 2015, 05:22 PM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 87

More
Mine is working fine. A few streams would not play but most did. Using Nexus 7 2013 stock5.1 + Localcast and player core factory from links I posted earlier
5th May 2015, 09:21 AM |#265  
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shergold_

For the last week I haven't been able to stream Kodi from my android to my CC. I have changed playercore to use both localcast and bubbleupnp, but neither have been able to stream to my CC. Localcast continues to try and load the stream with no success and bubble continues to say no http stream found. Have updated kodi, bubble and localcast and still haven't got any to work.

Am I the only one with this issue 😢

I get this too, generally with live streams for football...I think they are flash streams

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app
9th May 2015, 07:34 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
trying so hard to figure this out guys. I just got my chromecast. It actually sucks for youtube and stuff but with kodi it works fantastic. Im actually using the latest nightly build of kodi, the may 8th one. Using local cast and a playercorefactory xml file in the user data folder of the kodi installation and it works great.

Only issue I have come across is with sportsdevil. It gives me that external player is active press ok when playback is finished error. I have no idea how to edit the xml file and I have heard of people using like mxplayer or whatever. I havent done any of that so far. Any one can shed any light on this? would like to watch some nba playoffs on my chromecast.
10th May 2015, 06:17 AM |#267  
Flag Kashmir
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briandresstoyota

trying so hard to figure this out guys. I just got my chromecast. It actually sucks for youtube and stuff but with kodi it works fantastic. Im actually using the latest nightly build of kodi, the may 8th one. Using local cast and a playercorefactory xml file in the user data folder of the kodi installation and it works great.

Only issue I have come across is with sportsdevil. It gives me that external player is active press ok when playback is finished error. I have no idea how to edit the xml file and I have heard of people using like mxplayer or whatever. I havent done any of that so far. Any one can shed any light on this? would like to watch some nba playoffs on my chromecast.

Unsupported stream !!
12th May 2015, 07:20 AM |#268  
Flag Alabama/Utah
Thanks Meter: 415

More
Bubble UPnP worked the best for me but really just go on ebay and pick up a Nexus Player I got one for like $60 it's so much better and easier then all this hassle because it can just run Kodi natively.
21st May 2015, 07:13 PM |#269  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've actually managed to get live streams to work by downloading an app called live stream player http://store.mdcgate.com/ and adjusting the XML file accordingly.
After xbmc opens the app ,basically I'm saving the stream than connecting the app to chromecast and then from the right menu selecting the saved stream. Only annoying factor is the ads and it doesn't use the play store for the 'pro' version.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread