FORUMS

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

My QWERTY replacement suggestions for the G2

1st May 2015, 03:41 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
I went from the G2 to the Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G. As far as I am aware, it is the best QWERTY option available for T Mobile users.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s-relay-4g

We have our own forum, CM11 milestone release, somewhat working Lollipop ROMs available.

21st May 2015, 10:19 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
No way. The Droid 4 is a way better phone, specs wise. And after installing Lollipop today, I am a believer. It's the perfect replacement.

Snappy. Pretty good screen. Good Camera. Lots more ram. Accepts 64gb SDCard, and works on virtually all networks.

Safestrap is relatively easy to use, and with the Razr Utility, flashing to 4.1, rooting, and then installing safestrap 3.75 to install a loli rom is super easy.

Annnnnnd the one I got was 50 USD, and it was listed as MINT condition. When I got it, it was exactly as described. MINT. not a scratch on it.

Easily the best G2 replacement.

My only gripe is that the keyboard is a bit more tactile (I liked the subtle desire z keyboard), but it is larger and more roomy. the layout is also different, so it will take some getting used to. but it's waaaay brighter than the DZ keyboard anyways. which is a plus!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread