Originally Posted by andu86
follow the steps from the first page
Hi to all !
- So, I would like to explain what happened in my case when I tried to root S4 mini International i9195 with towelroot.
- I was on original XXUCNK1 kernel from 3. november 2014. with KNOX on and I have downloaded this I9195XXUCNK1.zip kernel from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ction-t2947372
and also I have downloaded old voulnerable kernel KERNEL_I9195XXUCNF7.zip and Odin 3.09 also but from an other thread here on the XDA.
- I have extracted ALL packages and I went in "Download mode" on the phone. (Swich off the phone and then keep holding all three buttons (1-Home button, 2-Volume Down and 3-Power button) on the phone until "Download mode" appeared on the screen and then pushed volume button UP (only once) to start download.
- Connected the phone with PC via USB cable and then I started Odin 3.09 by clicking right mouse button and "Run as Administrator".
- First I have choosen extracted old voulnerable kernel XXUCNF7.tar.md5 under AP in Odin and I didn't change anything under "Options" in the Odin (Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time was already checked) and I started the flashing. It took few seconds and I got green massage "PASS" on the Odin what means that it's done and it's O.K. Phone rebooted and started normaly but when I went to "Options" and "About the phone" to see changes in the kenel I have surprise to see that even everything in "Odin" was good during the flashing without any error I still had the same text and kernel which I had before the flashing.
- I thought, O.K. I have to change something in "Odin" and first I have uncheked in "Options" - "Auto reboot" and I have started the flashing process again.
Now it took much longer to flash (about one minute) and when i got green "PASS" message I took battery out and restarted the phone.
But after the phone was rebooted there was no changes in the options "About the phone". The kernel stated still XXUCKN1 and not XXUCNF7.
- Then I have uncheked and "F. Reset the time and Auto Reboot" in the "Odin" options and I started flashing again. It took some time and I got again green "PASS" in Odin.
- Again, I restarted the phone and it boot normaly and I wanted to see if now is something changed in "Options" and "About the phone".
But it was still unchanged with XXUCNK1 kernel.
I was not lazy to try to instal and run "Towelroot" again to see if it will maybe work because before I started all this flashing procedure I have already dowloaded and installed "Towelroot" but I got message that the phone is not supported.
And... When I clicked on "Make it rain" I got immediately message that my phone should have now have the root acces.
- I have rebooted the phone and installed "SuperSu_2.49" and updated SU binary via "Normal" way and disabled KNOX.
After that I flashed back (the new kernel with "Odin" and not checked any options in it) the new XXUCKN1 (when it is unpacked it has the name "boot.tar.md5") kernel even it already stated that it is on this kernel already, but anyway...
After that I have instaled BusyBox 28 Pro in the System and also Titanium Backup 7.1.2 and I checked if I got Samsung status: "Custom" but it was still "Original".
So ... I rebooted the phone thinking maybe after the reboot I will get the "Custom" status because of writing to the "System" but it was still "Original".
- Thus, everything worked good even it looks on the first hand that it will not work at all.
So, I hope that someone will have any benefits on this little help.