FORUMS

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

D802 20D Hong Kong (Updated: 22 January 2015)

11th May 2015, 07:00 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 790

Donate to Me
More
Thumbs down Failure
Well, I tried to upgrade to Lollipop and it failed terribly. I followed LG G2 is UNBRICKABLE NOW! [FIX REAL HARD BRICK] thread to revert back to KitKat. Good that I backup all partitions.

Anyway, it took me whole weekend to change from hard brick into working phone.

I will try again later once I will get recovery which will flash 30a system without failure. Strange, 2.8.4 or 2.8.5 refuse to flash 30a or 20d ROM zip - both failed.
The Following User Says Thank You to p.valenta For This Useful Post: [ View ]

12th May 2015, 05:13 AM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.valenta

Well, I tried to upgrade to Lollipop and it failed terribly. I followed LG G2 is UNBRICKABLE NOW! [FIX REAL HARD BRICK] thread to revert back to KitKat. Good that I backup all partitions.

I will try again later once I will get recovery which will flash 30a system without failure. Strange, 2.8.4 or 2.8.5 refuse to flash 30a or 20d ROM zip - both failed.

I tried to apply the 20D ROM with 2.8.5 last night, and I had a nasty surprise. "systemui has stopped" error along with other processes. Phone was not usable and booting in safe mode had the same result. End up, I need to wipe /data to reset the device.

I don't think it is 20D ROM zip or TWRP fault, even though I did notice the /system bug in 2.8.5. I think it was the compatibility issue between PARDUS ROM and the official HK 20D ROM.

So, if someone is coming from a custom ROM to this zip, be aware that you may need to wipe your /data folder before it can work.
22nd May 2015, 07:29 AM |#103  
Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.valenta

Hey!
Did you manage to get it working in the end ?
If so, do you have any plan to make a flashable zip from the rom, or not really ?

Cheers !
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread