FORUMS

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more

KickMaterial: Material Design For Kickstarter

Frustrated by the lack of a Kickstarter Android App, Grzegorz Oksiuta and Outline have … more

Battery Life Guide Helps You Get More out of Your Device

Battery life is a primary concern when it comes to smartphones these days, and … more

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Linux] [IMG] [Dev] [WIP] *Ubuntu images for Rootbind [TF101 / TF101G]

22nd May 2015, 11:34 AM |#421  
Flag South
Thanks Meter: 1,406

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSoil

I've no idea why, but for some reason this still doesn't work...

Update about i2c issue:
Apparently the driver in the Android tree is different: it's older and has some wakelock mods.
I tried to use i2c-tegra.c from Android tree with minimal modification, but it doesn't boot due to a kernel panic. Perhaps it's worth to invest time figuring out the panic.

It's nice to see that there is still interest in this TF101. I'm afraid I can't help you with that, but I wish you the best luck to sort this out.

22nd May 2015, 02:40 PM |#422  
Thanks Meter: 279

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSoil

I've no idea why, but for some reason this still doesn't work...

Update about i2c issue:
Apparently the driver in the Android tree is different: it's older and has some wakelock mods.
I tried to use i2c-tegra.c from Android tree with minimal modification, but it doesn't boot due to a kernel panic. Perhaps it's worth to invest time figuring out the panic.

The Android kernel is ver 2.6.39.4 whicle the Linux kernels are ver 3.1.10. There are bound to be quite a few differences in the tegra board files. Unfortunately my C skills are not good enough to help out here...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread