FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM|NK4|KitKat|4.4.4] Galaxy Note fre3 Hybrid De[Odex] v2.26b -BeastMode Kernel-

Announcement from freeza: 2.26b released.
19th May 2015, 05:38 PM |#3391  
Thanks Meter: 71

More
So I dirty flashed this rom which I never do and now no issues. A full wipe gave me multiple issues.
The Gps problem I had was from loose screws on the device though. I read it was a common issue on the note 3 and in tighten full Gps again.

Data hasn't dropped like before and I tested the data before the Gps fix so it wasn't that.
I don't but dirty flash worked great and I never dirty flash.

Great job!
Recommend dirty from 2.5b to 2.6!

20th May 2015, 07:41 PM |#3392  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Pasadena, CA
Thanks Meter: 10,158

Donate to Me
More
2.26b posted.

Sorry for the slow and lack of updates guys, have had a lot going on lately and haven't had much time to do anything.

I'm just starting to settle down from everything happening in my life (all good things). I'm planning on a kernel update soon.

If anyone has noticed issues with YouTube being laggy, slow, and whatever else, it's because of the YouTube Background Play Xposed module. You can uncheck it or maybe try updating it in the meantime. I'm probably going to remove it in the next update. I'm not sure what else to add to this ROM other than maybe a theme or try porting features/apps from newer devices, but that always introduces a risk of possible instability, battery drain, and random other issues. We'll see. If anyone has any ideas don't hesitate to hit me up on hangouts. I'm too slow at replying to PMs (by the way, sorry about that!) because I just have way too many and it gets overwhelming.

As far as Lollipop goes..meh, I'm sticking with KitKat personally because of a few things. A) Sprint and Samsung screwed us over with just a 5.0 update while multiple other Samsung devices are getting at least 5.0.1, some even 5.0.2 and all we have is 5.0. We all know Android Lollipop initially had a lot of small issues and memory leaks that had Google quickly push out 5.0.1, 5.0.2, and then 5.1 and 5.1.1...and whatever else they need to push out in order to stabilize lollipop to their standards. Since we got just 5.0 without none of these fixes, I feel as though it's a disservice to us and won't be using it. B) Xposed isn't compatible with Touchwiz. Samsung altered ART in a way that makes it incompatible. C) KitKat has been really stable and great for me so I don't have nearly as much of an upgrade itch as I would if we had gotten a more up to date Lollipop version as well as Xposed support.

I would like to thank you all for your continued support with this ROM and for all the help you've given other folks who've had questions, or issues and I haven't been around to reply. I would also like to apologize for everyone for not being around lately to answer questions or give updates about things going on involving this ROM and the Stock Rooted ROM and our Note 3s in general. I will try to do better now that things are stabilizing for me.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to freeza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 11:23 PM |#3393  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza

2.26b posted.

Sorry for the slow and lack of updates guys, have had a lot going on lately and haven't had much time to do anything.

I'm just starting to settle down from everything happening in my life (all good things). I'm planning on a kernel update soon.

If anyone has noticed issues with YouTube being laggy, slow, and whatever else, it's because of the YouTube Background Play Xposed module. You can uncheck it or maybe try updating it in the meantime. I'm probably going to remove it in the next update. I'm not sure what else to add to this ROM other than maybe a theme or try porting features/apps from newer devices, but that always introduces a risk of possible instability, battery drain, and random other issues. We'll see. If anyone has any ideas don't hesitate to hit me up on hangouts. I'm too slow at replying to PMs (by the way, sorry about that!) because I just have way too many and it gets overwhelming.

As far as Lollipop goes..meh, I'm sticking with KitKat personally because of a few things. A) Sprint and Samsung screwed us over with just a 5.0 update while multiple other Samsung devices are getting at least 5.0.1, some even 5.0.2 and all we have is 5.0. We all know Android Lollipop initially had a lot of small issues and memory leaks that had Google quickly push out 5.0.1, 5.0.2, and then 5.1 and 5.1.1...and whatever else they need to push out in order to stabilize lollipop to their standards. Since we got just 5.0 without none of these fixes, I feel as though it's a disservice to us and won't be using it. B) Xposed isn't compatible with Touchwiz. Samsung altered ART in a way that makes it incompatible. C) KitKat has been really stable and great for me so I don't have nearly as much of an upgrade itch as I would if we had gotten a more up to date Lollipop version as well as Xposed support.

I would like to thank you all for your continued support with this ROM and for all the help you've given other folks who've had questions, or issues and I haven't been around to reply. I would also like to apologize for everyone for not being around lately to answer questions or give updates about things going on involving this ROM and the Stock Rooted ROM and our Note 3s in general. I will try to do better now that things are stabilizing for me.

Bro you take what time you need your doing just fine! Cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve. Ive tried some other roms here and there and their all really good roms but this rom has always been my rock! Atleast for me. As for the update i could probably think of a $#!t ton of things to add and a theme would be super awesome since i haven't seen ANYONE doing themes these days. Sadly i guess everyone has moved on. So I'm sure what every you do will be great. I say you make the nay sayers who have moved on question why they ever left!
Last edited by Goat1378; 20th May 2015 at 11:26 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goat1378 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2015, 03:03 AM |#3394  
Recognized Themer
Flag Orange city
Thanks Meter: 3,425

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1378

Bro you take what time you need your doing just fine! Cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve. Ive tried some other roms here and there and their all really good roms but this rom has always been my rock! Atleast for me. As for the update i could probably think of a $#!t ton of things to add and a theme would be super awesome since i haven't seen ANYONE doing themes these days. Sadly i guess everyone has moved on. So I'm sure what every you do will be great. I say you make the nay sayers who have moved on question why they ever left!

I never left nooved on to lollipop and love it.... this 5.0 update is smooth as hell and everything works out the box.... also working on getting a stock base built.... to work off[emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48] [emoji48]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaz187 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2015, 08:09 PM |#3395  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 52

More
I flashed to Lollipop and was unimpressed. Yes, it's a bit slicker and probably quicker, but the performance on 4.4.4 is still excellent on this device. I have a few Xposed modules that have become integral to my experience, and they're not worth giving up for Samsung's bastardized Lollipop.

It's also worth noting that there are now methods to unlock the UICC for domestic carriers, but they only work on the MI3 and MJ4 basebands. It may be that Kitkat is the last stand for those folks, unless someone unravels the arcane mysteries of Qualcomm . Since I fall into that category, I am personally glad that you haven't ditched fre3 Kitkat to pursue Lollipop development, even if it's a little selfish.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sesquipedalian For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 01:48 AM |#3396  
Flag Jc tennessee
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Can someone please post a link to the nk4 modem tar? Thanks
Yesterday, 02:28 PM |#3397  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant76

Can someone please post a link to the nk4 modem tar? Thanks

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95897840722646387 You can just pull the modem from the tar i think and then. Power down your device completely then go into D.L. mode. Place nk4 modem in phone slot in odin and flash. I believe this is what I did.
Last edited by Goat1378; Yesterday at 03:00 PM.
Yesterday, 03:46 PM |#3398  
Recognized Contributor
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 1,854

Donate to Me
More
@freeza You see this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xpos...lipop-t3113143 xposed is possible for tw lollipop now. Just needs Brillant dev like your self
Sent from my 0x1 Note 3...... I love tep
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kaos420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread