FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Linux Deploy Installation Problem?

8th June 2014, 03:57 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.

24th June 2014, 03:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodemasterRob

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with Linux Deploy and installing an OS. When I try to install any OS (Arch, Kali, etc.) it returns a "Making new disk image... fail" error and ends the install. Debug mode shows "dd: opening '/storage/emulated/0/linux.img' : No such file or directory" twice. Status shows that data, where it would be installed, as 26.0/26.8 GB of space used despite my phone being reset and wiped prior to the attempted install. This is where I see a problem. I'm using a Nexus 5 running Paranoid Android Beta 4 with Franco Kernel. It has worked on PA before; this problem has persisted for two months though and I couldn't find another forum or even a thread that touched on this more. Would anyone know how to make Linux Deploy see the immense amount of empty space available in /data so it'll install? I'm 99% sure it just thinks it doesn't have space.

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5, I fixed it by changing the installation path (in the properties/download menu) to /sdcard/linux.img, hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to gizmogeeker For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th October 2014, 08:56 PM |#3  

More
Question related problem??
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmogeeker

I had the same problem with my Nexus 5, I fixed it by changing the installation path (in the properties/download menu) to /sdcard/linux.img, hope this helps

I have a different problem, maybe you can help me too.
when i'm installing through Linux Deploy the image installs fine. But when it hits;
"
I: Retrieving apt
W: Couln't download package apt (ver 0.9.7.9+deb7u2
I: Retrieving apt-utils
W: Couldn't download package apt-utils (ver ...
I: Retrieving aptitude
I: Validating aptitude
I: Retrieving aptitude-common
I: Validating aptitude-common
I: Retrieving base-files
I: Validating base-files
I: Retrieving base-password
I: Validating base-password
I: Retrieving bash
W: Couldn't download package bash (ver ...
"
It stops. I had Kali installed through deploy before. It did not have enough memory to install all the needed packages to I deleted the whole thing, formatted the SD, I even completely removed root after factory reset and cleared everyting through recovery. I wanted to reinstall everything amd now I have this.
Could it be a problem with the mirror IP or something?
I've tried everything but nothing has worked so far.

Please help if you can!
19th October 2014, 09:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hmm I don't know what's wrong, maybe it is the mirror ip..
19th October 2014, 09:23 PM |#5  

More
Any idea where I could fine the right one? Or is that is really stupid question
15th May 2015, 02:15 PM |#6  

More
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster112

Any idea where I could fine the right one? Or is that is really stupid question

Hey Flipster, A good buddy of mine and I just spent ALL of last night going through the install of the default Kali Linux Image on his new AT&T Galaxy S6. You will, I'm sure, be glad to read that he and I have worked out the initial repo' issues and -what's more- spent the next 8 hours strait correcting the default Image/build's sudo issues as well!

We intend to start a new thread in the general AT&T Gallaxy S6 forum with a step by step for what we did to get it going! I apologize for not going in to more detail here and now, but as I said we have been going at it for over 13 hours strait fueled with nothing but Taco Bell and Redbull....
XD
so needless to say we are both going to call it a night.

But never fear!! We will get you all a DETAILED Step-by-Step How-to posted on here for all you Galaxy S6'ers ASAP! I think you can expect an ETA of about 48 hours (give or take...lol, WORST CASE scenario 72 Hours).

I look forward to hearing what everyone will think of our approach!

Cheers!
ŖƛƔΞŋƟẌ

PS - No such thing as a stupid question!
22nd May 2015, 08:55 PM |#7  
Flag City of HOPE TO BE AN RC next year.
Thanks Meter: 2,061

Donate to Me
More
Delete
Last edited by Megaflop666; 23rd May 2015 at 02:55 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
install, linux, linux deploy, nexus 5, storage
Previous Thread Next Thread