FORUMS

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

[FTF] Sony Xperia Z Lollipop Release

Sony rolled out a Lollipop update for Xperia Z just yesterday. If you still haven’t gotten … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Root][Moto E][Guide HowTo]How to root Moto E [Condor][Noob Friendly]

30th April 2015, 08:17 PM |#261  
Prague
Thanks Meter: 66

More
anyone having idea why I cant download mfastboot-v2?

5th May 2015, 01:07 AM |#262  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Guys plz help me.my phone gone soft brick. When flash a firmware its saying 'preflash validation error'but I m using twrp recovery flash ROM.but I want go back to stock
6th May 2015, 04:56 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
My bootloader is unlocked (I did it without any problems). But I can't install recovery. This:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
Result:
Code:
downloading 'boot.img'...
OKAY [  0.240s]
booting...
OKAY [  0.260s]
finished. total time: 0.501s
Now phone stucks on boot logo and nothing happens. If I try to flash recovery, there is no error in console, but I can't boot into recovery - it gives me error: "No command". Any ideas? I tested recovery you linked and a few others - alwasy the same. I'm really confused!
Last edited by giaur; 6th May 2015 at 04:59 PM.
9th May 2015, 10:50 PM |#264  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
problem fastboot twrp
Phone is unlocked, but when issuing step 7 I end up with the split screen (img_0952). Any help appreciated. Tried flashing recovery as well but nothing happens.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0950.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	3304932   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0951.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	3304933   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0952.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	3304934  
9th May 2015, 11:15 PM |#265  

More
solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by marwet

Phone is unlocked, but when issuing step 7 I end up with the split screen (img_0952). Any help appreciated. Tried flashing recovery as well but nothing happens.

Flashed twrp, wrote fastboot reboot and held volume down power and booted, selected recovery with up arrow - not power.
10th May 2015, 07:45 AM |#266  
Thanks Meter: 281

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marwet

Flashed twrp, wrote fastboot reboot and held volume down power and booted, selected recovery with up arrow - not power.

Does twrp work for you? I did the same without success
13th May 2015, 01:44 PM |#267  

More
is it safe to root moto e???
I'm worried about something happens to my moto e..so plz tell me is it safe.... I'll not do any mistakes as u've given full instructions..
13th May 2015, 09:54 PM |#268  

More
the fast boot link (step 1) is broken i think. help
Quote:
Originally Posted by deej_roamer

I will update the method as and when newer methods are available!

So confirmed Root is here presented by @cybojenix
I am making the thread only for making it Noob friendly, and making the instructions bit more detailed!
All credit goes to @cybojenix

DISCLAIMER:

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/
Procedure
  1. Download mfastboot-v2 extract its content and use that for unlocking Bootloader
  2. Unlock your bootloader From Here
    TIPs:
    1. Unlocking bootloader will wipe your device, Backup your photos, music, contacts using applications in play store or whichvere method you prefer
    2. The motorola site tells us to download the android SDK, You can skip that big download and use the fastboot in step 1
    3. Follow the further steps given on motorola's site, After clicking on Request an Unlock Key, You will get an email which will consist guideline to proceed further!
    4. Clicking on Request an Unlock Key is the point where you lose your warranty
  3. Download The TWRP recovery from here(thread) or here(Goo.im) rename it recovery-twrp.img and move it in the same folder as of step 1
  4. Download The SuperSU from here(thread) or here(chainfire.eu)() and copy it into the root of your internal memory!
  5. Connect your phone to PC and Reboot to bootloader by pressing VolumeDown+Power button for about 6-7 seconds.
  6. Go to the directory in step 1, Do Shift+RightClick in empty space in the folder without selecting anything, Select Open a command window here.
  7. Run following command
    Code:
    fastboot boot recovery-twrp.img
    If facing errors refer to TIP No. 2 and 3
  8. Now touch doesn't work in recovery straight away, so wait 60 seconds without touching the phone, The phone screen will go blank.
  9. Press power button and do swipe to unlock to get your touch working again!
    As Motorola released source code for the kernel, @cybojenix has fixed the touch issue, you can skip to step 10 directly!
  10. Select Install, scroll down and find the SuperSU Zip downloaded in step 4.
  11. Swipe to confirm, wait untill the flash is complete and then select reboot, to boot into your phone which is rooted now
  12. Check your app drawer, There should be SuperSU installed. Congratulations you are rooted!

TIPS:
  1. Downloading things from the thread link is a better option as the hotlinks may get outdated, Thread links will not!
  2. If you want to install twrp rather then just booting into it for once, you can use following command to flash it permanently
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery-twrp.img
  3. If stuck on Boot Logo of Motorola (blue M), @JerryGoyal has provided a Thread Here to solve the problem using CWM instead of TWRP.
    1. According to the method you can download CWM and Rename it to recovery-cwm.img in place of TWRP in step 3. Execute other steps the same
    2. And in step 7 Replace the given code with
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm.img
    3. In CWM Touch doesn't Work to scroll Use Volume Buttons and Use Power Button to select the choice
    4. in Step 10 you would select Install from sdcard
  4. If you do something wrong and stuck somewhere, The stock firmwares are available for restoring.
    [Condor][Stock Firmware] Restore your Moto E to Stock[Lock Bootloader][Noob Friendly]

Reply if any issues! I'll try my best to help!

the fast boot link (step 1) is broken i think. help
19th May 2015, 10:19 PM |#269  

More
The adb download is broken zip or something. I know this isn't place to complain either but what's with Moto needing me to get a key to unlock bootloader anyway Lol
Yesterday, 11:48 PM |#270  
Recognized Developer
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 369

More
XT1528
Hey,
With this method work on the XT1528?
You guys rock!
Clay
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags