FORUMS

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more

YotaPhone 2 Pre-Order, Xperia Z1 Price Cut – XDA TV

Android Wear 5.1.1 OTA downloads are now available. That and much more news is … more

View Poll Results: Kernel Location?http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=58902590&postcount=180

/sdcard (/data/media/0)

4 Vote(s)
21.05%
/system

15 Vote(s)
78.95%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[MultiBoot][unofficial]MultiROM V32 [Updated:30/04/2015]New Layout

18th May 2015, 10:41 PM |#301  
OP Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,052

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellwa

Hi
Pleas if anyone can help me
Am on new layout
i have managed to get viperx working as primery and any jellybean or kitkat rom as secondery.... But not Lollipop (AICP 9) as secondery
Lollipop is working on primery and any jellybean or kitkat ( not viperX ) as secondery
How to get viperx and lollipop working together ... Dosen't matter wich one is primery
I couldn't install AICP using add rom method so i installed it on primery and swap it to secondery
I think the problem would be solved if am able to flash Lollipop rom using Multirom-Add Rom

if you read few posts up, one of the last updates broke the updater compatible with TWRP_MR installer,
you'd need to use an older version for now... or you can try using the option to swap ROMs,
though i havent personally used it, but i expect you'd need to re-add the boot.img after you do so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder07 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

20th May 2015, 01:37 PM |#302  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 13

More
@Thunder07 are you going to update the multirom coz we keep getting the /tmp/mr_update.zip error while flashing new roms and have to change the update-binary of the previous working rom
20th May 2015, 01:59 PM |#303  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onex master

what error does the multirom twrp recovery gives you ??

Sorry for being late to replay
Am gettin this error :
blkdiscard failed: Operation not supported on transport end point
E:Error executing updater binary in zip

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder07

if you read few posts up, one of the last updates broke the updater compatible with TWRP_MR installer,
you'd need to use an older version for now... or you can try using the option to swap ROMs,
though i havent personally used it, but i expect you'd need to re-add the boot.img after you do so.

i will try to use MultiRom v30 with (KL-Zeus.Beta11.NL.img) kernel to see will it work
Now I have MultiRom v30 with trampoline v24
Result: the Same error when adding rom Lollipop
Trying With MultiRom v31 and v32
Result: still The same error

Now flashed Viper X as secondary (MultiRom V31 - ViperX Showed in external roms) and i inserted the boot.img into folder multirom>rom>viperx4.11 then tried to boot it but its not booting and showing AICP boot animation

Retrying flash ViperX as secondary (MultiromRom v30 - viperx showed in internal) it booted into AICP and then i inserted the boot.img into folder multirom>rom>viperx4.11 then tried to boot it it boots to AICP

The final try
1- Removed every thing ( MultiRom -Kernel ...)
2-installed Lollipop normaly and flashed boot using fastboot PC
3- taked backup of my lollipop
4- installed MultiRom v30 and flashed (KL-Zeus.Beta11.NL.img) using fastboot
5- flashed ViperX using normal TWRP (ViperX the main rom)
6- boot MultiRom TWRP and select Add rom but from backup
7- select the previous backup
8- using any recovery run aroma-kl.zip
9- browse to ViperX.zip and tap it and then click done to flash kernel and ramdisk
10-fom multirom twrp insert AICP boot.img (delete boot then add boot)
12-fom multirom twrp wipe AICP data and dalvic and cach
11- trying to boot to see what i have done

Final Result:
1-internal rom ViperX is booting
2-when booting AICP it boots back to multirom screen and when selecting AICP again the error : Kexex-hardboot support is require to boot this rom............ and when selecting internal it reboot into Normal Recovery
3- my head exploded and i will remove Multirom and back to one rom lollipop AICP
Last edited by Kellwa; 20th May 2015 at 03:21 PM.
20th May 2015, 03:52 PM |#304  
Flag mumbai

More
Quote:

Sorry for being late to replay
Am gettin this error :
blkdiscard failed: Operation not supported on transport end point
E:Error executing updater binary in zip

---------- Post added at 03:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

i will try to use MultiRom v30 with (KL-Zeus.Beta11.NL.img) kernel to see will it work
Now I have MultiRom v30 with trampoline v24
Result: the Same error when adding rom Lollipop
Trying With MultiRom v31 and v32
Result: still The same error

Now flashed Viper X as secondary (MultiRom V31 - ViperX Showed in external roms) and i inserted the boot.img into folder multirom>rom>viperx4.11 then tried to boot it but its not booting and showing AICP boot animation

Retrying flash ViperX as secondary (MultiromRom v30 - viperx showed in internal) it booted into AICP and then i inserted the boot.img into folder multirom>rom>viperx4.11 then tried to boot it it boots to AICP

The final try
1- Removed every thing ( MultiRom -Kernel ...)
2-installed Lollipop normaly and flashed boot using fastboot PC
3- taked backup of my lollipop
4- installed MultiRom v30 and flashed (KL-Zeus.Beta11.NL.img) using fastboot
5- flashed ViperX using normal TWRP (ViperX the main rom)
6- boot MultiRom TWRP and select Add rom but from backup
7- select the previous backup
8- using any recovery run aroma-kl.zip
9- browse to ViperX.zip and tap it and then click done to flash kernel and ramdisk
10-fom multirom twrp insert AICP boot.img (delete boot then add boot)
12-fom multirom twrp wipe AICP data and dalvic and cach
11- trying to boot to see what i have done

Final Result:
1-internal rom ViperX is booting
2-when booting AICP it boots back to multirom screen and when selecting AICP again the error : Kexex-hardboot support is require to boot this rom............ and when selecting internal it reboot into Normal Recovery
3- my head exploded and i will remove Multirom and back to one rom lollipop AICP

That's not a proper way to install it
Follow these steps ..
Q
1.flash your viper ROM normally through twrp 2.8.5.3 and use fastboot flash boot boot.IMG
Let your viper boot up normally
2.Then go to fastboot and flash the Zeus .img
3.Then go in the recovery and flash the aroma kernel flasher and inside aroma select your viper ROM.zip and just deselct the option to flash the ROM just select the option to flash the boot.IMG
4. Then flash multirom v31 not v32
5.reeboot your phone
6.you will get the multirom popup ..select cancel
7.select the twrp option (this is your multirom twrp..from here you will flash all your secondary ROM)
8.go in the twrp and select advance and then go to add ROM select aicp.zip and flash it
9.reboot and cancel the multirom popup and select aicp
10. BOOM you will boot lollipop
Today, 03:35 AM |#305  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by onex master

That's not a proper way to install it
Follow these steps ..
Q
1.flash your viper ROM normally through twrp 2.8.5.3 and use fastboot flash boot boot.IMG
Let your viper boot up normally
2.Then go to fastboot and flash the Zeus .img
3.Then go in the recovery and flash the aroma kernel flasher and inside aroma select your viper ROM.zip and just deselct the option to flash the ROM just select the option to flash the boot.IMG
4. Then flash multirom v31 not v32
5.reeboot your phone
6.you will get the multirom popup ..select cancel
7.select the twrp option (this is your multirom twrp..from here you will flash all your secondary ROM)
8.go in the twrp and select advance and then go to add ROM select aicp.zip and flash it
9.reboot and cancel the multirom popup and select aicp
10. BOOM you will boot lollipop

Thanks For Replay
i followed all the steps
but when adding AICP i get error executing updater binary in zip
then faild to install zip
P.S: am on new layout
Today, 05:05 AM |#306  
Flag mumbai

More
Quote:

Thanks For Replay
i followed all the steps
but when adding AICP i get error executing updater binary in zip
then faild to install zip
P.S: am on new layout

There has been a change in the cm update-script so in order to flash the ROM successfully you will have to change the update-binary of previously working. for eg I wanted to flash Resurrection remix ROM v5.4.3 but i got the same error as you got so I changed the updates-binary and replaced it with the from resurrection remix 5.4.1 which flashed properly on multirom and then it booted to lollipop
For aicp latest build you will have to replace the update-binary of AICP-NL-20150425/any latest version with the older update-binary from AICP-NL-20150420
Last edited by onex master; Today at 05:51 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread