FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[KITCHEN] ArchiKitchen - Android Kitchen (WIP) [Linux]

Yesterday, 09:34 PM |#2341  
Flag Berlin Germany
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _that

That's true, but what does it have to do with VirtualBox?

Because you can only install 64bit Virtualbox if your version of Windows supports and can run Hyper V. Windows 8.1 home, for example, doesn't. Pro does. I have Pro 8.1, and Hyper V option is there, but my particular i7 chipset isn't SLAT compatible, which more or less screws me because that's a prerequisite for running a virtual machine on a 64bit Windows 8.1 system.

Not that I'm fighting you. I WISH there was a workaround, but every forum I have researched this in today has all but confirmed this
Last edited by Dai323; Yesterday at 09:39 PM.

Yesterday, 10:26 PM |#2342  
Flag IHB
Thanks Meter: 3,200

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dai323

Because you can only install 64bit Virtualbox if your version of Windows supports and can run Hyper V. Windows 8.1 home, for example, doesn't. Pro does. I have Pro 8.1, and Hyper V option is there, but my particular i7 chipset isn't SLAT compatible, which more or less screws me because that's a prerequisite for running a virtual machine on a 64bit Windows 8.1 system.

Not that I'm fighting you. I WISH there was a workaround, but every forum I have researched this in today has all but confirmed this

Lazy tip = burn iso to DVD, put firmware on usb, boot the disc, down archikitchen, run archikitchen, upload somewhere or put on USB when finished
The Following User Says Thank You to ShinySide For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 04:25 AM |#2343  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 23

More
wow
The screen shot looks great and I'm really interested in trying it out but I use Ubuntu full install on my drive. I can't find how it is I'm supposed to install and launch this from Ubuntu. I've searched the thread. And even watched the video on its highest setting. I still don't get it. Are there written instructions for installing directly to Ubuntu? I already use the Android Kitchen but I want to give this a go for KitKat support.
Today, 05:02 AM |#2344  
Recognized Contributor
Houston, Texas
Thanks Meter: 5,078

More
Quote:

It says here that the chipset requires it in order for Windows to utilize Hyper V, or else it throws me an error. Seems to be the case, as I've been trying for hours to get this set up.

Duel boot Linux and you good to go.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermatt01

The screen shot looks great and I'm really interested in trying it out but I use Ubuntu full install on my drive. I can't find how it is I'm supposed to install and launch this from Ubuntu. I've searched the thread. And even watched the video on its highest setting. I still don't get it. Are there written instructions for installing directly to Ubuntu? I already use the Android Kitchen but I want to give this a go for KitKat support.

Need to install "build Essentials"..Then work your way up. Linux is a learning curve.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prdog1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 05:54 AM |#2345  
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 23

More
When you say build essentials what exactly do you mean? I have Android build tools all over my drive including but not limited to Android studio, java Dev kit 8, two host bridges I can't recall the name of at the moment, tool chains, full set of Android SDK, etc... I'm a bit dizzy from staying at the com half the night so I can't remember everything I got installed. Are there instructions after that step?
Today, 06:02 AM |#2346  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 1,097

More
Quote:

When you say build essentials what exactly do you mean? I have Android build tools all over my drive including but not limited to Android studio, java Dev kit 8, two host bridges I can't recall the name of at the moment, tool chains, full set of Android SDK, etc... I'm a bit dizzy from staying at the com half the night so I can't remember everything I got installed. Are there instructions after that step?

In terminal, type. sudo apt-get install build-essential Hopefully thats the right one if i remember.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to DUHAsianSKILLZ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 08:56 AM |#2347  
Recognized Contributor
Flag warrington
Thanks Meter: 4,348

More
Quote:

If you have Ubuntu you should have software manager. Open it and install build essentials and open java jdk7 from there or you can use the sudo apt-get commands. If you are having trouble installing archi you can always gitclone it
The Following User Says Thank You to sawdoctor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 02:26 PM |#2348  
Flag Berlin Germany
Thanks Meter: 476

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by prdog1

Duel boot Linux and you good to go.

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Need to install "build Essentials"..Then work your way up. Linux is a learning curve.

Tool your advice and installed Ubuntu. Now I just need to learn how to use it. Lol
Today, 02:40 PM |#2349  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 159

More
Quote:

Tool your advice and installed Ubuntu. Now I just need to learn how to use it. Lol

He and I both use Mint 17.1 - Rebecca --- It's easy transition from windows. Good luck you will like the experience.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dsixda kitchen justarchi android chef
Previous Thread Next Thread