FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

How to update SGH-I747 to UCUFNE4_4.4.2

24th March 2015, 02:07 AM |#441  
Thanks Meter: 420

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslimoid

I'm on mg2 boot loader, android 4.1.1. Is this the right process for me to upgrade my boot loader?

this will do it. just a reminder though , once you upgrade you cannot downgrade your bootloader or risk serious brick-age !!

"all I can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

24th March 2015, 03:10 AM |#442  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrocketdog

this will do it. just a reminder though , once you upgrade you cannot downgrade your bootloader or risk serious brick-age !!

"all I can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

So if I do this my back ups will no longer work?
24th March 2015, 04:14 AM |#443  

More
to tell the truth , to my best knowledge , i dont know. when i upgraded my bootloader/modem to ne4 i had trouble flashing older ROMs. i had to change the updater script to include ne4. i didnt have any backup to test with. hopefully someone else more knowledgeable will chyme in.

24th March 2015, 01:49 PM |#444  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I flashed the mbj boot loader and stopped there. I was able to flash the ROM I wanted and still use my back ups
24th March 2015, 02:39 PM |#445  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigslimoid

I flashed the mbj boot loader and stopped there. I was able to flash the ROM I wanted and still use my back ups

good to here.:thumbup:

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"
22nd May 2015, 11:45 PM |#446  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
(referencing very first post's steps )

I'm on bootloader I747UCDLK3 ( modem = MJB ). I just want to get them in sync. I am running a custom ROM already. I just have to flash the zip from step 1, correct?

If I want to go to NE4 ( just modem + bootloader ) can I just flash the zip from step 2.

At that point, I don't have to do anything else if I don't want, correct? I don't want to go back to stock. I just want to get ready to update to KK4.4.4 or maybe LP in the near future.

thanks all

( crap - how did i miss the two posts right above mine! Seems they are saying the same thing I just asked .... yes? )
23rd May 2015, 03:08 AM |#447  
Thanks Meter: 202

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcdroidpunk

(referencing very first post's steps )

I'm on bootloader I747UCDLK3 ( modem = MJB ). I just want to get them in sync. I am running a custom ROM already. I just have to flash the zip from step 1, correct?

If I want to go to NE4 ( just modem + bootloader ) can I just flash the zip from step 2.

At that point, I don't have to do anything else if I don't want, correct? I don't want to go back to stock. I just want to get ready to update to KK4.4.4 or maybe LP in the near future.

thanks all

( crap - how did i miss the two posts right above mine! Seems they are saying the same thing I just asked .... yes? )

You are correct on all points.
Step 1, only, to bring the bootloader to MJB.
Step 2 to bring bootloader and mdem to NE4 withut changing your ROM.
Have fun flashing.
The Following User Says Thank You to dawgdoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 03:46 PM |#448  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdoc

You are correct on all points.
Step 1, only, to bring the bootloader to MJB.
Step 2 to bring bootloader and mdem to NE4 withut changing your ROM.
Have fun flashing.

Many thanks! Oh - one more question - any idea why the MJB modem/bootloader is so much larger? I found another zip in the FAQ thread that was only 2MB, more in line with the NE4 one. no biggie, just curious.
Last edited by slcdroidpunk; 23rd May 2015 at 03:48 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread