FORUMS

Galaxy S6 Weekly Shooting Challenge

Over in our forums this weekend, XDA Forum member DevonSloan has started a thread for talented … more

Which Features from Apple Watch Do You Think Android Wear Will Copy?

The Apple Watch and Android Wear are both growing platforms. Now … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 22)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[SM-P905][SM-P907A] Debloating bloatware after rooting + Power On sound removal

22nd October 2014, 05:43 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 293

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerrodney

I used this method but i accidentally uninstalled all google services, and google play store was apart of that, is that normal? And if it is are there ways to get it back?

Yes, that is part of bloat removal. To get Google bloat back run the enbloat.sh script and hit y when it prompts you about restoring Google bloat.

22nd October 2014, 05:54 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockerrodney

I used this method but i accidentally uninstalled all google services, and google play store was apart of that, is that normal? And if it is are there ways to get it back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by najoor

Yes, that is part of bloat removal. To get Google bloat back run the enbloat.sh script and hit y when it prompts you about restoring Google bloat.

If i do the enbloat method will i have to reinstall knox ? Or will i still be able to keep it off?
23rd October 2014, 04:50 AM |#13  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

More
When you use the enbloat.sh you only restore the stuff you choose. You don't have to restore everything. In your case you leave knox and other things out and only answer yes when it asks you if you want Google bloat to be restored.

The script is very user friendly. Just run it and follow the instruction. And just to give you peace of mind, these scripts do not delete anything from your system permanently so don't worry about breaking your system.
24th October 2014, 04:55 PM |#14  
Flag Mayer, MN
Thanks Meter: 395

More
Any chance you could add the option to remove individual items?
7th February 2015, 03:58 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 331

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...bloat-t2998294
22nd May 2015, 11:41 PM |#16  

More
Unhappy Debloat v5.0 removed Scrapbook from Air Command
The debloat worked fine but the Scrapbook app in Air Command is now showing error "no application found to handle this actions".

Please advise.
Yesterday, 01:51 AM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe

The debloat worked fine but the Scrapbook app in Air Command is now showing error "no application found to handle this actions".

Please advise.

Removing apps is what a debloating script does. If you want your app back just run the enbloat script. All the instruction you need is provided in the original post.
Yesterday, 03:13 PM |#18  

More
Quote:

Removing apps is what a debloating script does. If you want your app back just run the enbloat script. All the instruction you need is provided in the original post.

Appreciated. I wanted to debloat but did not expect the scrapbook app to be debloated. Is there any way that I can retrieve this one app, without the rest of the garbage that will return if I "enbloat".

I recall finding the app the last time and renaming from .bak to .apk and it worked.

Can you tell me where to find the apk.
Yesterday, 05:11 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe

Appreciated. I wanted to debloat but did not expect the scrapbook app to be debloated. Is there any way that I can retrieve this one app, without the rest of the garbage that will return if I "enbloat".

I recall finding the app the last time and renaming from .bak to .apk and it worked.

Can you tell me where to find the apk.

The app is either in /system/app or /system/priv-app. Rename app.apk.bac and app.odex.bac if it exists to app.apk and app.odex and reboot. I don't remember exactly which app is the one you need.
Yesterday, 07:47 PM |#20  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

The app is either in /system/app or /system/priv-app. Rename app.apk.bac and app.odex.bac if it exists to app.apk and app.odex and reboot. I don't remember exactly which app is the one you need.

Thank you. I will return with the name once I find it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread