FORUMS

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

A500 ICS Full Update files Decrypted for bricked tablets- Links Valid

11th April 2015, 07:51 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Same issue, no USB connection
SO I am also a total noob on rooting topics. My a500 hung while surfing the internet. Full freeze only option was to turn off tablet. Now I'm in a boot cycle with no end in sight. I have tried:

-Hard reset with pin on side, no joy
-Hard reset with key combo, no joy. Still boot cycles

The unit also is not recognized by my PC even after installing drivers from Acer.

So is my only option to keep downloading update.zip files and hope one is compatible? I don't konw anything about FastBoot and being that the device won't recognize on the PC I'm really boned, right?

Any advice would be appreciated.

19th May 2015, 03:05 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Thanks
Yesterday my A500 freezes!
Had to force a shutdown, at start got stuck on Acer logo!
Tried the 4 updates on this post thread everyone talked about with no luck!

A few minutes ago tried the only one that solved my problem: The original 3.x Honeycomb:
ROM: SD_Acer_A501_Android 3.2.1_4.066.29_COM_GEN1

That Solved!
Now I will try to update to ICS.
Thanks,
PereiraMan.
Last edited by PereiraMan; 20th May 2015 at 09:32 AM.
19th May 2015, 11:50 PM |#43  

More
Unhappy HELP
Please Help,

Like planned, I downloaded a suposed Acer A500 Stock Rom to update from 3.2 to 4.0.3. Didn't notice was a rooted one, update completed then got an error.
ROM used: Acer_A500_Stock_ROM_v1.054.00_ww_gen1_rooted_4.0.3 _ICS

Now I can not even load stock recovery (vol-+ power), only power light turns on and off as i press power. No vibrate, no acer logo only a black screen!!

Can anyone help? Ideias?

PS: The A500 always was stock, no root, no special recevory, etc.

Thanks,
PereiraMan.
Last edited by PereiraMan; 20th May 2015 at 09:31 AM.
21st May 2015, 03:05 PM |#44  

More
update

For the record it seams that my A500 is in APX mode.

After using a fresh install of Windows 7 with th Acer drivers, the fantastic OTA Tool: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1675939
Detected my A500 as in APX mode, and has an advanced feature specific for those like I stuck on APX mode that let's us Install Bootloader and Recovery.

First try didn't work: I downloaded and tried to install TWRP recovery and ICS Bootloader, it was stuck on FASE 2 (flashing recovery).

Will try this night with A500_Thor_Recovery_1.7.3.a500apx.

Thanks,
PereiraMan.
Last edited by PereiraMan; 21st May 2015 at 03:10 PM.
22nd May 2015, 11:50 AM |#45  

More
No luck yet
Not giving up... no yet!

On the Windows Device Manager it detects tha A500 like "Acer USB Boot-recovery Driver"
The other night a think it was different, something like APX...
Any way in the system tray on the USB devices always shows APX device.

APX Tool and OTA Tool detect the A500 in APX mode, but none of them can flash a recovery... Windows Drivers issue?
Because ADB via command prompt doesn't detect the device!
The tools use ADB commands, right? And ADB shoud detect the device in APX mode, right?

Any APX expert?

More info:
in the driver details I have this values: "USB\VID_0955&PID_7820\5&24FD8A70&0&1"
Read somewhere the last digits are the CPUID... calculated the SBK. Hope is correct.

Thanks,
PereiraMan.
24th May 2015, 06:17 AM |#46  
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 0

More
update for rooted a5001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moscow Desire

So for Stock A500 users stuck at the Acer Logo, or maybe some other strange issue with the tablet not booting, you may want to try this method first before rolling up your sleeves and moving on to getting your UID, which involves the use of Linux for the most part.

Download these full ICS Update files for the A500 (501 owners can try this also, but you'll have a 500, but that might can be changed later)

These files are already "decrypted" and are named differently as to keep them separate. Download them all to a folder.

Now, select one of them, rename it to "update" (end result is a file called update.zip) copy it to SD card, boot tab and see if it installs. If it hangs on the install, delete it from SD card, and do the same with the next. Hopefully one of them might take. You may have to try all 4 of them before one works. It's hit and miss.

Hope this gets you going.

MD

Moscow, what about any full update.zip for a rooted a500 stuck on ACER logo.
Last edited by leroijr407; 24th May 2015 at 06:24 AM. Reason: 4.0.3, not 4.1.3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread