FORUMS

XeroAsh Theme for CM12

This theme by XDA Senior Member balrajs99 features a black and slate gray UI that gives your phone a … more

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][UNSTABLE][4.4.4][CM11]GT S7580 and GT S7582

Announcement from Amosthecoolboy: A working Cyanogenmod ROM was found.
8th May 2015, 08:48 PM |#261  
Flag CR Central Valley
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by buragwitmo

PROJECT HAS STOP COMPLETELY

there are no MORE updates From SandPox what so ever... dialer Bug might never be fix for the there are No opensource from samsung to Fix this. Sandpox has been depress with the reply from Broadcom the they will not allow any thirdparty to recieve such exclusive cofidential sources that might cause braking contract with samsung or something LIke that , this is not exactly what he meant but you get the iDEa,

so ALL hope is LOSt and dont blame Amossthecoolboy as his name states he does not know anything on the problem at hand, stop asking for ETA, and i suggest sell your device. , , or wait for another year that there might a miricle to happen and someone will bild custom kernel for this device ... what we need right now is a professional developer to do this custom kernel,

1. Your point is completely true. When the BCM21553 drivers weren't opensourced, many people had to switch to another device out of frustration due to lack of proper development, something which was the opposite for Qualcomm users. I'd strongly recommend all those who are going to switch to NOT buy any device that has a Broadcom SoC in it. I've already learned the lesson with my retired SGA-i GT-S5830M and I'm now using a GS3 Mini as my main device (I8200 version however).

2. About selling the Trend Plus for another one: that's a good decision. The Moto G, for example, DOES receive updates for 18 months and those are not limited by hardware since they're always optimized to run on it.

(PD: I don't have the Trend Plus since I had decided - several months ago - to not buy any Broadcom-powered products anymore.)

24th May 2015, 11:52 AM |#262  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAGE-008

1. Your point is completely true. When the BCM21553 drivers weren't opensourced, many people had to switch to another device out of frustration due to lack of proper development, something which was the opposite for Qualcomm users. I'd strongly recommend all those who are going to switch to NOT buy any device that has a Broadcom SoC in it. I've already learned the lesson with my retired SGA-i GT-S5830M and I'm now using a GS3 Mini as my main device (I8200 version however).

2. About selling the Trend Plus for another one: that's a good decision. The Moto G, for example, DOES receive updates for 18 months and those are not limited by hardware since they're always optimized to run on it.

(PD: I don't have the Trend Plus since I had decided - several months ago - to not buy any Broadcom-powered products anymore.)

Right, I canceled this project, but about the source code we don't really necessary unless this circumstance when need to fix thing which is started from compiled binary file, I don't understand that the S7270 which have same chipset, same almost everything but it can run properly CM without this dial bug. I contacted the S7270 developer and he was trying everything to help me fix it but he can't either, if you going to buy a new device then go for qualcomm
24th May 2015, 12:30 PM |#263  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi Sandpox,

Is it okay if I take over the project?
We at Team 4DMP would like to attempt to fix the remaining bugs on this cm11.
May I ask your permission to use your build as base and continue developing on it?
If not, I'll have to rebuild the rom from source and try to fix the bugs manually.

A quick response will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Marvin
24th May 2015, 12:31 PM |#264  
Flag 127.0.0.1
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmarvin_16

Hi Sandpox,

Is it okay if I take over the project?
We at Team 4DMP would like to attempt to fix the remaining bugs on this cm11.
May I ask your permission to use your build as base and continue developing on it?
If not, I'll have to rebuild the rom from source and try to fix the bugs manually.

A quick response will be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Marvin

yes yes, just do whatever you want as far as you still give me credit
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
s7582
Previous Thread Next Thread