FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Extremely slow charging?

Thanks Meter: 13

By alias747, Senior Member on 16th June 2014, 07:41 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
25th June 2014, 02:35 PM |#11  
Flag Pottstown
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I believe there is a defect in the charging software or hardware. I used several iPad 2 car chargers rated for at least 10 watts. (5.2Volts x 2Amps) They take 5x longer to charge than the iPad. Talk about proprietary hardware/software.

The OEM charger EP-TA10JBE is rated at 5.3Volts x 2Amps. The voltage loss in the 4Ft cable supplied must be at least .1 volts, so I do not understand that the voltage difference should cause the charging rate to slow to a trickle.
Last edited by tdrager; 25th June 2014 at 04:12 PM.

28th December 2014, 11:53 PM |#12  

More
I'm going to try this.
I'm having the same problem and I read the following in another thread. I'll let you know if it works for me. My charging time is not quite as slow as yours, but it's still slower than it was when I first opened the box and I've only had it less than 2 weeks.

"had the same problem after updating to 4.4.2. It only charged when off. When the device was on, it mentioned 'not charging' in the battery status, but in fact it did charge very slowly when the device was not in use, about 5% per hour.
Also when used, the battery was draining more quickly than before the upgrade.

This solved it for me:
- reboot in recovery mode (hold volume up, button and power while booting)
- clear cache partition
- reboot.

Looks like something in the cache is causing the system to consume (almost) more power than is supplied by the adapter..."
29th December 2014, 02:10 PM |#13  

More
Working better
After clearing the system cache, the charge speed went up to about 22% per hour with the tablet shut off. Seems to be huge improvement in my case. I used the cable that came in the box with tablet.
23rd May 2015, 05:51 AM |#14  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 64

More
The standard note 12.2 charger: EP-TA10JWS, The output is rated for 5.3V and 2.0A.

My Galaxy Note Edge has fast charging and regular charging capability. 2 outputs; 9.0V - 1.67A or 5.0V - 2.0A

Has anyone tried this/a fast charger with the note 12.2 ? Will it work ?

Probably not as it doesn't have the fast charging capability, but worth asking the tech savvy people out there.

Besides for travelling purposes it would be great just to carry one charger instead of 2.
Last edited by globalgpj; 23rd May 2015 at 05:58 AM.
23rd May 2015, 07:04 AM |#15  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalgpj

The standard note 12.2 charger: EP-TA10JWS, The output is rated for 5.3V and 2.0A.

My Galaxy Note Edge has fast charging and regular charging capability. 2 outputs; 9.0V - 1.67A or 5.0V - 2.0A

Probably not as it doesn't have the fast charging capability, but worth asking the tech savvy people out there.

Besides for travelling purposes it would be great just to carry one charger instead of 2.

Correct it will not fast charge, it needs both the fast charging supporting device and charger to work.
Last edited by muzzy996; 24th May 2015 at 07:55 AM.
23rd May 2015, 11:20 PM |#16  
Australia
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzzy996

Correct it will fast charge, it needs both the fast charging supporting device and charger to work.

Did you mean, "will not"?
24th May 2015, 07:55 AM |#17  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:

Did you mean, "will not"?

Sorry yes, corrected.
24th May 2015, 01:25 PM |#18  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,206

More
Dont forget it has a 9500mAh battery. The Note 3 has 3200mAh and charges from 0 to 100 in 90 minutes. So you'll always be looking at at least 4-5 hours.

If you leave your connections(Wifi, gps, mobile data, etx), sync and apps running, don't complain that it takes ages to charge.

Fast Charge pre-S6 is Qualcomm tech. The new Exynos chips support their own Fast Charge, but that doesn't apply to the old Exynos devices.

The Snapdragon NotePro's have Qualcomm Fast charge. (Which is not the same as the one in the S6)

The Exynos devices do not. So the P900 will always be slower in charging than the P905.

If you have a p900 and it's slow to charge, that's why.

Quote:

I tried mine with a 15V charger from my TF700T, and it didn't make any difference.

You can use the Note Edge charger, it also supplies normal levels for ordinary charging. I often use my Note 3 charger.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Using Tapatalk
Last edited by ShadowLea; 24th May 2015 at 01:30 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread