FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Easy Root Tool for various Xperia devices

18th May 2015, 08:15 AM |#1601  
Thanks Meter: 108

More
You guys could try this.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3108230

Maybe it'll work.

19th May 2015, 09:37 AM |#1602  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
standalone ric killer
Hello,

there is a ric killer script (for 4.x android only?) in the EasyRootTool. It replaces /system/bin/mount with a script to load wp_mod.ko before actual mount exec.

Is there a Lollipop version of such script/kernel module, or maybe it will work on 5.0 firmwares? I'm planning to upgrade my Xperia Z to upcoming Lollipop firmware but don't want to install Recovery. I have locked bootloader and there are no software ways to get access to my /data when phone is locked (I put USB debug off and have pattern on lock screen). If I lose my phone nobody can use it to get access to my bank/mail/etc. accounts. Only wipe of userdata in the flashtool (or recovery mode with loosing all data in PC Companion, or unlocking bootloader via fastboot with wipe data partition) can disable lock screen protection.

I know about full disk encryption (FDE), it's most secure way to disable access to my data, especially on Lollipop (because of using protected HW key), but it gives performance impact so I prefer not use it.

I want to make prerooted zip firmware (only with SuperSU, without recovery) with Lollipop, install XZDR on KitKat, and write this zip from it. After such upgrade I'll lose recovery and will have no way to remount /system. Will wp_mod.ko work with LP kernel? I can use installmount.sh by hand in the shell but I don't know will kernel module work or not? Or I need to get wp_mod.ko (and modulecrcpatch to patch it) from the latest XZDR and use it with installmount.sh script? Or I need to use another method, by hand installing wp_mod.ko and some other script to load the module while boot?

What can you advice?
21st May 2015, 10:16 AM |#1603  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
question
i already used this tool and my xperia Z1 L39H has been rooted successfully on android 4.4.4
but now lollipop upgrade doesn't appear to me i think it doesn't appear because my phone is rooted
my question is if i make unroot and update my xperia can i use this tool to root my phone again after lollipop upgrade ???
21st May 2015, 02:04 PM |#1604  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Nope it doesn't work on lollipop you need rooted kk to be able to have rooted lollipop via prf flashed via recovery

D2303 18.3.1.C.1.15 kk deodexed rooted philz touch recovery bravia engine 2 + x-reality viper audio
22nd May 2015, 09:35 PM |#1605  
Flag Targovishte
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Any news about new version for LL ?
23rd May 2015, 03:22 AM |#1606  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
There won't be one, sure this already been asked. Doh I already answered in the post above

D2303 18.3.1.C.1.15 kk deodexed rooted philz touch recovery bravia engine 2 + x-reality viper audio
23rd May 2015, 10:15 AM |#1607  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,807

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by igogold

Hello,

there is a ric killer script (for 4.x android only?) in the EasyRootTool. It replaces /system/bin/mount with a script to load wp_mod.ko before actual mount exec.

Is there a Lollipop version of such script/kernel module, or maybe it will work on 5.0 firmwares? I'm planning to upgrade my Xperia Z to upcoming Lollipop firmware but don't want to install Recovery. I have locked bootloader and there are no software ways to get access to my /data when phone is locked (I put USB debug off and have pattern on lock screen). If I lose my phone nobody can use it to get access to my bank/mail/etc. accounts. Only wipe of userdata in the flashtool (or recovery mode with loosing all data in PC Companion, or unlocking bootloader via fastboot with wipe data partition) can disable lock screen protection.

I know about full disk encryption (FDE), it's most secure way to disable access to my data, especially on Lollipop (because of using protected HW key), but it gives performance impact so I prefer not use it.

I want to make prerooted zip firmware (only with SuperSU, without recovery) with Lollipop, install XZDR on KitKat, and write this zip from it. After such upgrade I'll lose recovery and will have no way to remount /system. Will wp_mod.ko work with LP kernel? I can use installmount.sh by hand in the shell but I don't know will kernel module work or not? Or I need to get wp_mod.ko (and modulecrcpatch to patch it) from the latest XZDR and use it with installmount.sh script? Or I need to use another method, by hand installing wp_mod.ko and some other script to load the module while boot?

What can you advice?

You can use the flashable zip to kill Sony RIC which I created for PRFCreator. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=201
The Following User Says Thank You to zxz0O0 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 04:57 PM |#1608  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Error
me sale este problema, alguna solución?
error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
root, z1c
Previous Thread Next Thread