FORUMS

Vinsic Doosl FM Transmitter Review – Accessory Review

A lot of vehicles come with stereos featuring Bluetooth connectivity. This … more

Nexus & Cookies: A More Focused Direction?

It is that time of the year again, and we are approaching the day where Android fans all over … more

LG G4 US Carrier Release Dates

The LG G4 was announced on April 29th with its Snapdragon 808 SoC, a welcomed change from its higher-end … more

Microsoft Reaches Pre-Install Agreement With New OEMs

As of late, Microsoft has been making a subtle but widespread play into the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

UPDATED[APP][3.0+] [dev] The Box v3- a lightweight app for custom ROM devs 12Aug2014

12th March 2015, 07:05 AM |#61  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag back & forth Boston<->Minneapolis. Like an electron.
Thanks Meter: 2,803

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SICKMADE

I never attempted to create my own donation button within the PayPal site and use that htnl code... I just copied my donation link from XDA and pasted that in there.... but like I said I tested the link that I pasted inside note++ and it worked fine but once compiled I get a timed out page in PayPal. But here goes a copy of the apk. . You have already done so much for me taking time to make me this 2 button version I can't thank you enough to now take time to help with the PayPal link! Your a stand up XDA member helping like this...it's rare to find someone as the likes of you. I also help others out when ever approached on how to theme a certain aspect of a rom and pay it forward always.

No problem. I had time Tuesday. Won't have time today, but I'll get you within the next couple days. Stay tuned. I'll tag you when I post it. In the meantime, try what I said to create the link through PayPal. There are reasons that could work. I will check it out soon either way though. Peace.

13th March 2015, 08:22 PM |#62  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I never attempted to create my own donation button within the PayPal site and use that htnl code... I just copied my donation link from XDA and pasted that in there.... but like I said I tested the link that I pasted inside note++ and it worked fine but once compiled I get a timed out page in PayPal. But here goes a copy of the apk. . You have already done so much for me taking time to make me this 2 button version I can't thank you enough to now take time to help with the PayPal link! Your a stand up XDA member helping like this...it's rare to find someone as the likes of you. I also help others out when ever approached on how to theme a certain aspect of a rom and pay it forward always.

Alright, my friend. Finally got a second to test this. The solution is simple, and it's what I said. You were using the link from the XDA button, but that works through XDA. It's not a valid link on it's own. It works in your browser because you're logged into XDA. Open a clean browser (no temp files no cookies not logged in to xda) and paste that link, and it's going to give you the error you see in app. All you need is to get your own, direct paypal donate URL.

Solution: Create a donate button in paypal.

I just built this real quick with my own paypal link, just to show you what you'll have. I cannot make yours (or I would have done that for you), because you have to create the button's link in your own paypal account. Mine is just a demo.

So go to paypal maybe like here.
Choose "Create your button now"
And in the code box that you get, click the tab for "email" to get just the URL, as opposed to "website" which gives you html code for a form button. See attached screenshot.
Dat's it. Use that URL, my friend.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_215 Mar. 13 15.20.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	3209131  
Attached Files
File Type: apk box_sick_paypaldemo.apk - [Click for QR Code] (672.2 KB, 32 views)
Last edited by erikalin; 13th March 2015 at 10:59 PM.
14th March 2015, 04:40 PM |#63  
Recognized Themer
Flag SIN CITY
Thanks Meter: 3,354

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikalin

Alright, my friend. Finally got a second to test this. The solution is simple, and it's what I said. You were using the link from the XDA button, but that works through XDA. It's not a valid link on it's own. It works in your browser because you're logged into XDA. Open a clean browser (no temp files no cookies not logged in to xda) and paste that link, and it's going to give you the error you see in app. All you need is to get your own, direct paypal donate URL.

Solution: Create a donate button in paypal.

I just built this real quick with my own paypal link, just to show you what you'll have. I cannot make yours (or I would have done that for you), because you have to create the button's link in your own paypal account. Mine is just a demo.

So go to paypal maybe like here.
Choose "Create your button now"
And in the code box that you get, click the tab for "email" to get just the URL, as opposed to "website" which gives you html code for a form button. See attached screenshot.
Dat's it. Use that URL, my friend.

I appreciate the help it worked perfect! Here is a screen of my final version of The Box.... I have the note 4 for tmo and Lollipop should be out and when it finally gets released I will be able to use the standard version of The Box wirh 6 buttons being I don't want to waste my time making a new theme with the new update anytime now and all.... But I have something like 20+ themes now across the Samsung Galaxy and Note devices.... I love to theme so filling up those 6 boxes after the Lollipop update wont be hard lol. But again thank you! Man I had another question but I feel horrible asking after youve already helped so much... But you know the pop up window when pushing the menu button that says hi? Well is there a way of instead of adding the string to whatever is it possible on making it go to a webpage like my Facebook Theme Group? And if so since it doesn't have a drawable attached to it would I just enter the site into the string? And lastly I know and respect that the about is not to be touched being that you deserve credit for making and sharing this app for everyone to use.... But my question was would it be ok if well underneath your about after the link that takes you to this post would it be ok with you if I were to add a small about as well? I just want to let people know a few important facts about my themes and also what other devices i have themes for..... or other various things that may come up. If you would rather me not add a small about underneath yours I will totally understand and respect that but if you don't mind that would be awesome as well.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-14-07-41-10_wwCnote320150314_074216.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	3210477   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-03-14-08-39-15_rfunote320150314_084018.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	3210478  
14th March 2015, 05:31 PM |#64  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I appreciate the help it worked perfect! Here is a screen of my final version of The Box.... I have the note 4 for tmo and Lollipop should be out and when it finally gets released I will be able to use the standard version of The Box wirh 6 buttons being I don't want to waste my time making a new theme with the new update anytime now and all.... But I have something like 20+ themes now across the Samsung Galaxy and Note devices.... I love to theme so filling up those 6 boxes after the Lollipop update wont be hard lol. But again thank you! Man I had another question but I feel horrible asking after youve already helped so much... But you know the pop up window when pushing the menu button that says hi? Well is there a way of instead of adding the string to whatever is it possible on making it go to a webpage like my Facebook Theme Group? And if so since it doesn't have a drawable attached to it would I just enter the site into the string? And lastly I know and respect that the about is not to be touched being that you deserve credit for making and sharing this app for everyone to use.... But my question was would it be ok if well underneath your about after the link that takes you to this post would it be ok with you if I were to add a small about as well? I just want to let people know a few important facts about my themes and also what other devices i have themes for..... or other various things that may come up. If you would rather me not add a small about underneath yours I will totally understand and respect that but if you don't mind that would be awesome as well.

Glad you got your PayPal squared away. I'm glad to help, so ask questions anytime. If you want to add some "about your project" that's fine.

The "hi" is where a menu would go, which I've intentionally not built into The Box because I've tried to keep it simple to edit. It's easy for me to put a menu into an app, but it'll kill the easy, "make it yours" that I'm going for here for others to edit.

I'm in the process of relocating from the east coast to Mini Soda, and selling a house, and going to farewell parties, and doing this while working full time and flying back and forth every couple weeks ...

**********Future Changes**********

When I have time, I've planned to redo The Box...
Last edited by erikalin; 23rd May 2015 at 04:20 AM.
23rd May 2015, 04:22 AM |#65  

Donate to Me
More
UPDATE! Sometime soon I am going to completely redo The Box in template form, for people to take and theme/mod/apktool for use in their own projects. Give me a couple weeks and I will start a new thread for it, but I'll post on this one to announce. Stay tuned.

For now, see how The Box For Wicked X ROM shaped up? You can check it out on the Play Store as a demo....
http://i.imgur.com/fv4dvoi.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to erikalin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 04:50 AM |#66  
Recognized Themer
Flag SIN CITY

Donate to Me
More
I just wanted to share the link and screen shot of my newly edited box... I of course gave thanks to @erikalin for this awesome app!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note...lipop-t3101962
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1D87E1A9EF8A_Note 4_0_PORTRAIT.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	3326955  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SICKMADE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 04:52 AM |#67  
Recognized Themer
Flag SIN CITY

Donate to Me
More
Man I'm diggin that box you got for Wicked... is there a template like that one posted or is that the updated one your referring to cause I really like that menu on the left so I can post all the devices I have themes for and then can use the 1 box app for all my themes
23rd May 2015, 06:40 AM |#68  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Man I'm diggin that box you got for Wicked... is there a template like that one posted or is that the updated one your referring to cause I really like that menu on the left so I can post all the devices I have themes for and then can use the 1 box app for all my themes

Yeah, I want to make a template like the one I made for the Wicked X ROMs. I have to think about it, because I'm not exactly sure what you can edit in apktool. I can only put stuff in if you can edit it... I don't know. I will probably make one template that is detailed like The Box for Wicked X on the Play Store. Then, I will make a couple more simple template options. I think. Lol. Stay tuned. I will post on this thread when I get things together and ready to share.
24th May 2015, 03:21 PM |#69  

Donate to Me
More
Okay, new thread for a completely redesigned app.

Find The Box v.4.0 (with navigation drawer and fragment layouts) here. Watch the youtube demo video in the OP of the new thread for answers to most questions.
Last edited by erikalin; 24th May 2015 at 03:23 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erikalin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th May 2015, 05:42 PM |#70  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 33,379

Donate to Me
More
I love this app, great work Erika!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread