FORUMS

New Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 Update Fixes Major Bugs

Senior Recognized Developer rovo89 has patched Xposed for Lollipop 5.0 to … more

Download Sony’s new AOSP-like concept for Xperia Z3

Over in our forums, Recognized Contributor Jozinek has posted a very … more

OnePlus 2 vs Moto X Style: Which is The Better Flagship?

Two big industry names have announced their newest flagship phones within the … more

Making Your Own Xposed Modules Is Easier Than You Think

Close to the heart of XDA is the Xposed Framework by Rovo89. Most of … more

A few things on knox / rooting and bootloaders that need more testing / development

1,160 posts
Thanks Meter: 335

By xclub_101, Senior Member on 9th February 2014, 03:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
22nd May 2015, 08:09 PM |#191  
Flag manchester
Thanks Meter: 225

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker87

With wanam there was a fix to get it back to official

How exactly ?

Sent from my GT-I9195

22nd May 2015, 08:46 PM |#192  
Flag Perugia
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomodder

How exactly ?

Sent from my GT-I9195

Fake system status
23rd May 2015, 05:19 AM |#193  
Flag the city of ATLANTIS
Thanks Meter: 169

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3chn0

System status will show modified if you have rooted or tampered with system files. Only way to go back to normal is to flash stock

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Hey! Thanks for the reply. The system status showed custom on the download mode but after booting, it actually showed official under system status.

---------- Post added at 05:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker87

With wanam there was a fix to get it back to official

Hey! Thanks for the reply. The system status showed custom on the download mode but after booting, it actually showed official under system status.
23rd May 2015, 08:02 PM |#194  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuchRha

I'll test it!

Edit/Update 1 : Wowzer guys, I have some good news for you all, I have been successfully able to downgrade from 4.4.2 to 4.3 without any issues, The firmware I downgraded to is MI3 and Knox is not present in download mode will post steps soon and guide you through steps for a safe downgrade, PS : this is only for SM-N900/N9000/Exynos for now, screenshots attached..

Edit/Update 2 : Steps to Downgrade (Note 3 Exynos only!)

1 - Download the bootloader.zip and extract then flash in Odin. (Find in attachments) (don't select any other option in odin except F reset time and auto reboot) (are selected by default).

2 - Download any 4.3 JellyBean Firmware from sammobile.

3 - After flashing the bootlaoder reboot into stock recovery (power+ home+ vol up) and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition

4 - Turn off the device and reboot into download mode and flash the 4.3 Firmware in Odin.

5 - After flashing completed let the device boot till boot screen and pull out the battery and turn it off then turn it on again and reboot into recovery (power+ home+ vol up) and wipe data/factory reset and cache partition once again and reboot and let the device boot up.

That's pretty much it, you've safely downgraded to Android 4.3 from 4.4

This is only for Note 3 Exynos!

I'll be testing some work around's for the N9005 (Snapdragon) to reset Knox/Firmware Downgrade once I get that device as I have given mine to a friend, and have been saving money to buy a new or used N9005.

will this work on lollipop 5.0?
24th May 2015, 06:56 PM |#195  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 943

Donate to Me
More
All, this is an actual developers section, not a Q&A nor a users thread. Unless you're involved in actual development, you're in the wrong place.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
knox, root
Previous Thread Next Thread