FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][Vzw] ViperOneM8 4.3.0 - 4.17.605.5 Tweaks,HUB, IconPacks,Themes,OTAs and more

Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ
20th May 2015, 01:13 AM |#5381  
hotspot issue
When o try to turn on hotspot the message comes on that I must call verizon to subscribe. I thought this rom had hotspot Access? I've never had this problem with viper rom before. I'm on verizon variant with updated lollipop firmware.

20th May 2015, 02:23 AM |#5382  
Thanks Meter: 123

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessphx

When o try to turn on hotspot the message comes on that I must call verizon to subscribe. I thought this rom had hotspot Access? I've never had this problem with viper rom before. I'm on verizon variant with updated lollipop firmware.

Wow I've not seen that message... Though I have only used the hotspot feature once. Up until a week ago I only had 3gbs of data.. (10 now with their new offer). I'm assuming you're soff correct?

HTC One (M8) MultiRom: PACman 5.1.1; SOKP 5.1.1; CyanogenMod 12.1.1 (Nightlys updated weekly); ViperOne M8 w/Hypernova Kernel
20th May 2015, 11:46 AM |#5383  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessphx

It happened when I upgraded to 4.3.0 as well. Download EnableDefualtTether_4.17.605.5_VZW.zip and flash it with TWRP. That fixed it for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge DeBoulet For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2015, 06:01 PM |#5384  
Flag League City Texas
Thanks Meter: 17

More
with one of the older ViperROMs I could use WiFi for tethering instead of mobile data connection.. is that still doable in this ROM?

EDIT: the above linked .zip worked to use tethering to PC and using wifi instead of mobile data hooray!
Last edited by OdinValknir; 21st May 2015 at 05:41 PM.
22nd May 2015, 04:41 AM |#5385  
Thanks Meter: 102

More
When I go to bvi and put in the local carrier SIM card lime. What settings should I set my phone to?
23rd May 2015, 01:39 AM |#5386  
Can I flash the Google dialer? Or will it mess something up in the ROM?
Yesterday, 03:25 PM |#5387  
Flag Chattanooga
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Is there anyway to have a clear all button in recents????
Yesterday, 05:17 PM |#5388  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipmckinnish

Is there anyway to have a clear all button in recents????

In Grid view, yes. It'll appear at the top right side, a circle with an X in it.
Yesterday, 07:45 PM |#5389  
Flag Chattanooga
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge DeBoulet

In Grid view, yes. It'll appear at the top right side, a circle with an X in it.

thank you
Yesterday, 10:54 PM |#5390  
Still on Viper 3.2.1 It's been running pretty smooth with very few if any issues. How is the update to LP? I have heard some bad things. Things not working well (WiFi) and tethering is may not work. Saw some posts of people downgrading to 3.2.1 again. Should I upgrade to the latest or just enjoy what works and wait for something better?

Thanks

BB
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread