FORUMS

XDA Office Space: Frankenstein’s Perfect IM Client?

The portal’s decentralized XDA office lies in a Hangouts chatroom, where … more

Which IM Client on Android is best?

With so many different messengers to choose from, it can be tough to find the best one for you and … more

Android Factory Reset Security Flaw and More – XDA TV

Nvidia is releasing a 500Gb SHIELD TV Pro! That and much more news is … more

Android M Code Name: Macadamia Nut Cookie

While the official name for the latest iteration of Android has yet to be revealed, the code … more

View Poll Results: What would be your choice for the next ultimate >stable< ROM (choose 1 or more)?

Stock Samsung ICS (UCLJ3)

6 Vote(s)
23.08%
AOKP - ICS ( http://aokp.co )

2 Vote(s)
7.69%
Cyanogenmod 9 / ICS

5 Vote(s)
19.23%
Another ICS based ROM (let me know which one)

1 Vote(s)
3.85%
It has to be stable - I don't care about the base

15 Vote(s)
57.69%
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM][ICS] sediROM - current inside - stable - smooth - rooted or not-rooted

Announcement from xdajog: v1.7 is here - Important security fixes!
12th May 2015, 04:45 PM |#211  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 373

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdajog

not so good news...

I looked around because I got ghost calls on stock kernel, too and (only) found this:
http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp...&topicid=98505

It's about the LG Optimus and has also a talk about that here at xda:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post23086655

When you take a look at the answer LG gaves (1st link, 1st post) then the patch is BASEBAND (radio/modem) related which means we maybe can not solve that by the kernel (only).

@samno seems to have a "ghost call" patch made for his ROM before that above patched firmware. Unfortunately he has not described what he exactly patched in the Kernel(!!!!!) to fix the issue.. I wrote him a while ago but no answer yet.. His git commits do not show that patch either (or I'm not able to find it).
You can find his Kernel thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...36&postcount=2

so at the end it MAY be possible to fix that by the kernel but no one knows HOW (besides @samno of course) and it MAY be possible to fix by using another baseband then UCLJ3 or RUXKJ which both were tested and having those ghost call issues.

The other open question for me is: Is this issue in other ROMs like @bubor CM11 too??

I will test also the other basebands we have for this device maybe one of the others have not that problem... The other choice we have is hoping that @samno is answering and let us know how to hopefully fix that.. Is it voltage related? CPU freq? what has he done for his ghost call patch....?!

EDIT:
In the meantime I try to catch logs (logcat & dmesg) when the ghost call happens..

samno replied but not with the ultimate solution no worries @samno your answer was highly appreciated!!

But back to serious: The problem is that there is no real patch available by LG or him. What he had done was to do a file diff between v21a and v20p firmware's and merge the changes. so as there are many changes no one knows what has fixed that besides LG of course.

So we are at step 1 back again. I will ask in the other forums if they have encountered that issue, too.. we need to narrow that down where this comes from.

btw: I currently trying and trying to reproduce a ghost call but it does not happen anymore.. this is strange.

Would be really helpful if the users here using sediROM could report the following.

This is really simple - can be done quickly - but may help a lot!
  1. which kernel and modem do you use - A hint like "installed sediROM Version X.X with default values" is enough but when changed anything let me know what
  2. I have received ghost calls (missed calls)!
    OR
    I have never missed a call (I'm pretty sure)!
    OR
    I have no idea if I had received a ghost call or not...

Any answer highly appreciated!
The Following User Says Thank You to xdajog For This Useful Post: [ View ]

22nd May 2015, 12:18 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I haven't had missed calls with Sedirom, with any kernel I tried. Stock, litekernel, CM11, bubor's modified litekernel and CM11 kernel - all work fine on my phone. I'm using UCLJ3 radio on my AT&T i927. Most options in sedirom are stock - I only changed a few apps.

By the way, bubor's modified CM11 kernel is great. Good battery life, no wakeup delays, MTP works, no crashes. I'd vote for this kernel as default in the next release.

Back on topic, however, I consistently had missed calls with Crdroid after enabling an option that woke the phone when I took it out of my pocket. That option kept the proximity sensor on all the time. I wonder if people experiencing this issue are using Gravity to get that functionality in other ROMs.

Edit: or maybe using any app that keeps other sensors on while the phone goes into deep sleep.
Last edited by Wr4i7h; 22nd May 2015 at 12:29 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wr4i7h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 01:39 PM |#213  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wr4i7h

I haven't had missed calls with Sedirom, with any kernel I tried. Stock, litekernel, CM11, bubor's modified litekernel and CM11 kernel - all work fine on my phone. I'm using UCLJ3 radio on my AT&T i927. Most options in sedirom are stock - I only changed a few apps.

By the way, bubor's modified CM11 kernel is great. Good battery life, no wakeup delays, MTP works, no crashes. I'd vote for this kernel as default in the next release.

Back on topic, however, I consistently had missed calls with Crdroid after enabling an option that woke the phone when I took it out of my pocket. That option kept the proximity sensor on all the time. I wonder if people experiencing this issue are using Gravity to get that functionality in other ROMs.

Edit: or maybe using any app that keeps other sensors on while the phone goes into deep sleep.

many thx for your feedback - highly appreciated! This could be an interesting point regarding the sensors..

One note only: The link you posted is for LiteKernel and not for the CM11 kernel.
Default kernel for 2.0 will be stock UCLJ3 + init.d and bootanimation support. I will add other litekernel versions as well besides the one above bubor made but I also working on an own kernel (well that is nothing for v2.0).
23rd May 2015, 03:03 PM |#214  
Quote:

Crdroid rom base is old cm11. i know have FC sensor problem and...
but we dont talk about roms bugs.

i think the ghost calls problem maybe for unlocking methods and solutions.
becouse you are on stock att ics on stock AT&T phone with At&T simcard. and you dont have any ghost calls.
but some people have modified nv_data.bin for disable security and more....
i think our problem from security and unlocking things...
The Following User Says Thank You to organic2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd May 2015, 03:23 PM |#215  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by organic2

becouse you are on stock att ics on stock AT&T phone with At&T simcard. and you dont have any ghost calls.

My phone is unlocked and my SIM card is not AT&T.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wr4i7h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:22 AM |#216  
Quote:

My phone is unlocked and my SIM card is not AT&T.

Factory unlock isnt it?
We unlock by software tricks, and i think ghost calls for this...
Yesterday, 10:43 PM |#217  

More
Quote:

Factory unlock isnt it?
We unlock by software tricks, and i think ghost calls for this...

It's an AT&T phone. I unlocked using GalaxSIM unlock because editing files in EFS wasn't working, and I didn't want to risk losing IMEI.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wr4i7h For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 09:16 AM |#218  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

TBO I do not think so that this is because of unlocking but well possible is everything..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
captivate glide, i927, ics, rom, stock
Previous Thread Next Thread