FORUMS

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

[Tool] WhatsApp Key/DB Extractor | OFFICIAL | CRYPT8 | NON-ROOT | UPDATED APRIL 2015

Thanks Meter: 58

By TripCode, Member on 3rd June 2014, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2015, 04:13 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't get this to work. The 'extracted' folder just stays empty throughout this.

EDIT: this seems to be my problem:
cannot stat 'tmp\apps\com.whatsapp\f\key': No such file or directory

Why would that happen?

EDIT2 remember to have the ****ing java path system variable set correctly folks. im stupid
Last edited by reking; 8th May 2015 at 04:32 AM.

13th May 2015, 09:44 AM |#142  

More
Hi, I stumbled on this thread and I tried your program but it seems to stop on installing the legacy version of Whatsapp.
Cmd prompt attached. It gives me a "Error: Unknown option: -d" then the same kind of stuff repeats with everything else.

I have the Java Path set up correctly and Java is updated to the last version.
I'm running a HTC Desire X with Android 4.1 stock unrooted.

Edit: Could it be that S-ON is the cause of the problem?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Problem.JPG
Views:	398
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	3310414  
Last edited by Reinforcementshavearrived; 13th May 2015 at 09:47 AM.
15th May 2015, 07:38 PM |#143  

More
Question
I'm testing on a samsung galaxy note 1 and even after enabling usb debugging, having java installed and having installed the ADB, Fastboot and drivers, when I execute the bat script it stops at the 2nd line ("daemon started successfully"). Plugging in the phone before or after the script is run has no effect and it gets stuck at that line.

Whatsapp version 2.12.5.

Tks
18th May 2015, 11:01 AM |#144  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snufflez

Hey TripCode

The app works fine for version 2.12.5 (playstore version). However, the key doesn't work on version 2.12.67 (new theme not released on playstore yet) which i downloaded it on the Whatsapp website itself.

I am able to extract the key but unable to use the key to decrypt my existing backups in my Databases folder (using Whatsapp Viewer). Do you have any idea what could have went wrong?

Thanks

The key extraction is working fine, your particular issue is related to the iv being removed from the key. See my post here: Decrypting WhatsApp crypt8 >= v2.12.38

Quote:
Originally Posted by reking

EDIT2 remember to have the ****ing java path system variable set correctly folks. im stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinforcementshavearrived

Hi, I stumbled on this thread and I tried your program but it seems to stop on installing the legacy version of Whatsapp.
Cmd prompt attached. It gives me a "Error: Unknown option: -d" then the same kind of stuff repeats with everything else.

I have the Java Path set up correctly and Java is updated to the last version.
I'm running a HTC Desire X with Android 4.1 stock unrooted.

Edit: Could it be that S-ON is the cause of the problem?

Option d allows forced downgrades of apps. Update your ADB drivers. Also, if you have an old version of the Android SDK platform tools installed then there could be an adb conflict. Upgrading your Android SDK should remedy the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttilt

I'm testing on a samsung galaxy note 1 and even after enabling usb debugging, having java installed and having installed the ADB, Fastboot and drivers, when I execute the bat script it stops at the 2nd line ("daemon started successfully"). Plugging in the phone before or after the script is run has no effect and it gets stuck at that line.

Whatsapp version 2.12.5.

Tks

What happens if you run "adb devices" in your terminal? The error you are getting usually means the device is not recognized or usb debugging has not been enabled properly (did you get the prompt to verify the digital fingerprint?).
21st May 2015, 03:54 PM |#145  
Flag Bariloche
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
It worked but the key file is not recognized by WhatCrypt!
Any ideas?
22nd May 2015, 04:53 PM |#146  

More
I am using the latest version of your whatsappkey/dbextractor but a get this message saying install_failed_invalid_apk when it tries to apply the legacy apk. amongst other errors. It also then says STRONG AES ENCRYPTION NOT ALLOWED. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S4.

What am I doing wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	apkerror.png
Views:	138
Size:	207.8 KB
ID:	3326136  
22nd May 2015, 09:23 PM |#147  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know this must have been said a dozen times over here, but I would not be saying it unless it wasn't absolutely necessary.
I have the crypt8 files but not the key file and cannot retrieve it either.
I should not be saying this here but can't wait anymore.
My gf has been on drugs since a while, got her phone yesterday and retrieved some of the data.
I just want to get her off the drugs and need to find out who the culprit is.
Spoken to her mom and will try to get the phone again.
But hey, you don't have to take my word for it.
I'll send over the crypt8 files and all other data and you can have a look yourself.

Please guys help me out.

Sorry for posting about my personal problem here.
25th May 2015, 01:16 PM |#148  

More
reliable WhatsApp message extractor
It's the WhatsApp message extractor from TENORSHARE that helped me extract WhatsApp messages from iPhone backup to my computer. Overall steps for using is easy. You could check their website tenorshare.com
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
crypt, crypt5, crypt8, smsbackup, whatsapp
Previous Thread Next Thread