Analysis & Opinion

Smartwatch 2 firmware hacking

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 31

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
23rd November 2014, 10:25 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
If only someone can post a specific steps to reflash this dfu files or bins to our sw2. I don't really have an idea to what addresses should I download the bins. The .dfu file that Sir Bloody attached cannot be downloaded to our sw2 ,because dfu-util only supports dfuse upto 1.1a and sw2 is on a higher version. So only the parts/bins can be specifically downloaded to sw2 I think. Sorry for my bad english.

25th December 2014, 01:30 AM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgravity525

If only someone can post a specific steps to reflash this dfu files or bins to our sw2. I don't really have an idea to what addresses should I download the bins. The .dfu file that Sir Bloody attached cannot be downloaded to our sw2 ,because dfu-util only supports dfuse upto 1.1a and sw2 is on a higher version. So only the parts/bins can be specifically downloaded to sw2 I think. Sorry for my bad english.

+1
The Following User Says Thank You to Ry ChyŽ For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 03:26 PM |#73  
Thanks Meter: 379

Donate to Me
More
Anyone notices the following text in asw.bin?

Code:
Turning  off  Lifelog  activity  tracking  will  change  your  Smart  wake  up  alarms  to  regular 
alarms.u000du000aContinue  to  turn  off  Lifelog?  You  can  select  up  to  three  watch  faces  to  swipe
  between  when  the  screen  is  lit.  Deselect  a  watch  face  before  selecting  another  one  At  least  one  
watch  face  must  be  selected  Lifelog  activity  tracking  may  increase  SmartWatch  2  battery  consumption.
  Open  Lifelog  Steps  Walking  Sleeping  Create  bookmark  Bookmark  created  Deep  sleep  Light  
sleep  Awake  Please  log  in  to  Lifelog  on  your  phone  or  tablet.  Goal  reached!  Running  You  have  now 
 slept  <Number_%02u:%02u>  hours  and  reached  your  daily  sleeping  goal.  You  have  now  walked  <Number_%02u:%02u>  hours  and  reached  your  daily  walking  goal.  You  have  now  run  
<Number_%02u:%02u>  hours  and  reached  your  daily  running  goal.  You  have  now  walked  
<Number_%u>  steps  and  reached  your  daily  steps  goal.

Hmm....
13th May 2015, 08:10 PM |#74  
Flag Mars
Thanks Meter: 880

Donate to Me
More
I managed to decompile asw.bin and bl.bin to assembler code,changes can be mode and uploaded back to smartwatch again. Also smartwatch has ability to reboot itself to bootloader mode ( I guess this is bl.bin for? ),then it unlocks rest of emmc memory and proceeds to write to it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to XperianPro For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2015, 01:44 PM |#75  
Flag Turkey
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by XperianPro

I managed to decompile asw.bin and bl.bin to assembler code,changes can be mode and uploaded back to smartwatch again. Also smartwatch has ability to reboot itself to bootloader mode ( I guess this is bl.bin for? ),then it unlocks rest of emmc memory and proceeds to write to it.

can you share?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread