FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

[Q] Galaxy S5 Stuck in Infinite Recovery Boot Cycle

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have had my S5 for two days now. I haven't done any modifications to it and have kept it completing stock. I was browsing the internet in Chrome when I got a notification saying there was a security breach and that the phone needed to restart in order to undue any changes made. So I pressed the restart button and it started to restart normally until I saw in tiny blue text "RECOVERY BOOTING....", I didn't think much of it until nothing started to happen after a minute. I let it go for another 5 minutes and then 15 minutes. I came back and still it was at the same screen. I decided to turn the device off and on to see if that would do anything, nothing happened. I took the battery out and waited a few minutes to put it back in, again nothing new. I was looking into other threads about this happening to other phones because the S5 is so new there is nothing on it doing this. But I found no useful information. So my question is, how can I fix this? I don't mind having to reset it, there's only a few apps installed. I'm tech savvy, so I'll now what you mean if you give me any tips. Thank you!
 
 
14th April 2014, 05:10 AM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
If doesn't matter if you lost the installed apps, then boot to recovery and choose wipe data reset factory and then wipe data cache.then restart your mobile it should solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
14th April 2014, 05:14 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_eng

If doesn't matter if you lost the installed apps, then boot to recovery and choose wipe data reset factory and then wipe data cache.then restart your mobile it should solve your problem.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

I should have mentioned this in the post but I have tried that, nothing happens. It's already trying to boot into recovery, I wonder if I can get it out of trying to do that.
14th April 2014, 05:19 AM |#4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 99
 
More
Try to boot into download mode then restart normally, maybe it gets you out of the recovery booting loop.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

And if this didn't work.
I think you should download the stock rom from sammobile or samsung-updates.com sites and reinstall it again.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ra_eng For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 05:37 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_eng

Try to boot into download mode then restart normally, maybe it gets you out of the recovery booting loop.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

And if this didn't work.
I think you should download the stock rom from sammobile or samsung-updates.com sites and reinstall it again.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Alright so I tried putting it into download mode and restarting it from there. I got into download mode and then restarted but nothing happened. I am going to trying reinstalling the stock rom right now. Thanks for the help!
14th April 2014, 07:32 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ra_eng

Try to boot into download mode then restart normally, maybe it gets you out of the recovery booting loop.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 AM ----------

And if this didn't work.
I think you should download the stock rom from sammobile or samsung-updates.com sites and reinstall it again.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

So I reinstalled the stock rom and now the recovery boot text is gone, but it still doesn't actually boot up into Android. Looks like I will have to take the phone back to the store and hope I can get a replacement. Thanks for your help!
14th April 2014, 09:56 AM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Why don't u just take it for warranty.Why use a phone which has problems

Sent From HTC One Android Revolution 62.0 KitKat 4.4.2. Sixth Sense
25th May 2015, 01:41 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechxCentral

So I reinstalled the stock rom and now the recovery boot text is gone, but it still doesn't actually boot up into Android. Looks like I will have to take the phone back to the store and hope I can get a replacement. Thanks for your help!


Does you got a replacement? I'm having the exact same problem right now
25th May 2015, 03:05 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 78
 
Donate to Me
More
flash the firmware
Flash the firmware and bootloader and pit for partition with odin look in xda for the pit for ur device modell

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

First install the drivers for Samsung
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes