Install Clockworkmod Recovery and root
- Install USB driver
- Connect your phone as MTP and copy on Phone memory the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.34.zip file ( without unzip it)
- Remove your phone
- Extract file recovery.tar.md5 from Recovery CWM in your desktop
- Turn off your S7580
- Press and hold Volume DOWN + Home + Power until you can read a Warning screen and press Volume UP to continue
- Connect your phone to pc and wait for driver installing...
- Open Odin 3.07 and the ID:COM should turn blue
- UntickAuto Reboot and F. Reset Time
- Click on PDA and select file recovery.tar.md5
- Press Start button
- When you read PASS! unplug the usb cable
- Press and hold Volume UP + Home + Power until screen turn off
- Release only Power button and you are on CWM Recovery...
- Select (use Volume up/down and select with Power button) install zip -> choose zip from internal sdcard-> 0/
- Select the Root zip and Yes - Install ..
- After all is done select reboot system now
Press and hold Home + Volume UP + Power buttons for 5s to boot into cwm recovery mode.
If you boot in stock recovery, after flashing CWM Recovery, you have to:
- download Root Browser from Play Store
- rename file install-recover.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak in /system/etc folder of your phone
I suggest using this CWM recovery to root your phone ONLY. This version is not fully compatible with Android 4.2.2
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?