[UNMAINTAINED][TOOL][LB][ROOT] Backup TA v9.11 for Windows [20140615]

Search This thread

fra112

Mar 3, 2015
I have an Xperia Z C6603 with unknown baseband but with correct IMEI code. I read the guide but I cannot understand how to resolve this problem. I would appreciate if someone could help out.

P.S. I successfully restored the DRM Key with backup TA. The phone works perfectly with the exception of signal reception. I tried to upload some firmware by selecting only baseband but I still have the problem.

Thank you for your help.

pietro18m

Jun 14, 2011
Hi guys, i have an error
2ec0jfd.png

rooted with giefroot. First time rooted i had disconnected unfrotunatley the device after the automatic reboot. Then i had tried to root again and waited for the automatic reboot.
How can i resolve?

FcukBloat

Jun 18, 2012
hi hope someone can help me..
i tried to restore my backupTA in my z3c but i get:

failed to copy 'tmpbak\TA.img' to 'sdcard/restoreTA.img': Permission denied

...i see now a 2mb file in my sdcard called revertTA.img

also tried after relocking bootloader, same error. do you know why? :(

EDIT: it seems I fixed the problem reflashing a stock kk fw with flashtool (.93, the same I used to backup TA), that probably fixed something in the sdcard, and then re-trying the restoring! :eek: :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yverson and packhex

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
Hi there ,

I have multi TA Backups files , how can i know to which device they are ?
I Have opened all files expect the .img one , timestamp:20150320.131930 , TASerial:BH913CNV0D.

Thanks in advance .. :)

outlyer

Dec 14, 2011
Barcelona
I have multi TA Backups files , how can i know to which device they are ?
I Have opened all files expect the .img one , timestamp:20150320.131930 , TASerial:BH913CNV0D.

You can use the serial to determine the device.
When you run "adb devices" it shows the serial number of any connected device. It also shows in the Settings → About Phone → Status screen.

Last edited:

adize

Jan 24, 2014
Valenzuela
I backed up my TA Partition of my ZR running Kitkat, then I unlocked the bootloader, flashed stock lollipop firmware. I want to know if it's okay to restore TA with Lollipop installed?

artilherio

Dec 31, 2014
I have a backup of drm keys but when I want to restore them,ta backup can not find backups.How can I solve that ? I am on 4.4.4 .93 kitkat stock sony kernel bootloader also unlocked and rooted

Edit:System detected keys so no problem.When I made backup,I was in Lolipop but now I am in Kitkat so must I return to Lolipop for restoring ?

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2015
I have a backup of drm keys but when I want to restore them,ta backup can not find backups.How can I solve that ? I am on 4.4.4 .93 kitkat stock sony kernel bootloader also unlocked and rooted

Edit:System detected keys so no problem.When I made backup,I was in Lolipop but now I am in Kitkat so must I return to Lolipop for restoring ?

Yes you must be on the android version which you performed the TA backup. So in your case revert to Lollipop and then restore.

iks8

Nov 18, 2012
Hi guys I have question: can I lock bootloader on different firmware than I unlocked? I mean I unlocked bootloader on 4.3 rom but I have only 4.1 ftf file so can I restore my bootloader on 4.1 now?

jdstrydom

Jan 14, 2009
Mossel Bay
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Hi guys I have question: can I lock bootloader on different firmware than I unlocked? I mean I unlocked bootloader on 4.3 rom but I have only 4.1 ftf file so can I restore my bootloader on 4.1 now?
You will have to test and see. It worked for me; I saved TA partition on kitkat last year, and unlocked. Flashed a bunch of roms over the months while unlocked, and just restored my TA while on a lollipop stock rom today.

My bootloader reflects that it is locked, and the graininess is gone when taking lowlight photos. Because of this I am convinced that the relock went fine.

I'm on Z1C, and like I said you'll have to try for yourself ; it might now work for everyone.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: iks8

sadokhetgd

Sep 28, 2012
Mumbai
i want to restore TA backup DRM keys

hello friends i need your help(USING XPERIA Z c6602 KITKAT 4.4.4 ROOTED BOOT-LOADER UNLOCKED)
i want to restore TA backup DRM keys i have already backedup TA backup DRM keys before unlocking my device...... i have TA.image.
Now i just come back from Custom ROM to Stock ROM device is in unlocked bootlaoder state
Now i just want to know.... how to restore my drm keys please guide me step by step procedure

THANK YOU

sadokhetgd

Sep 28, 2012
Mumbai
Right! Proof here:> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=41707765

Sent from my C6603 using xda app-developers app

hello i need your help(USING XPERIA Z c6602 KITKAT 4.4.4 ROOTED BOOT-LOADER UNLOCKED)
i want to restore TA backup DRM keys i have already backedup TA backup DRM keys before unlocking bootloader ...... i have TA.image.
I just come back from Custom ROM to Stock ROM device is in unlocked bootlaoder state
Now i just want to know.... how to restore my drm keys please guide me step by step procedure
thank you

foten21

Apr 22, 2009
i bought a used z2
now bootloader is locked
how i know bootloader never unlocked
or was unlocked and then relocked
so i lost the extra features of the locked bootloader(camera etc)
or not ?

supercfc

Mar 10, 2013
USA
Nexus 7
Sony Xperia Z2
Querry about Unlocking bootloader

I have taken TA Backup before unlocking the Bootloader and tried restoring it after unlocking it many times. It works perfectly everytime. My doubt is - Every time we unlock the bootloader, the phone gets factory reset. To avoid this, can I take a TA backup of unlocked bootloader? By this, I will have 2 copies of TA. one with locked Bootloader and other with Unlocked Bootloader. So, i can restore the TA backup (of unlocked bootloader) to unlock the bootloader without factory reseting it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNMAINTAINED! See this post

Backup TA for Sony Xperia

Backup TA can backup and restore the TA partition of the device. When you create a backup before unlocking for the first time, then you will be able to restore to full factory state (including a locked bootloader). This means all DRM keys intact, Bravia Engine working in Album and last but not least your warranty when needed :highfive:.

NOTE: When you did create a backup of your device's TA with another tool or Backup TA v4 or earlier, you are able to convert it to a valid Backup TA package by choosing 'Convert TA.img' from the menu. When you've done this you are able to restore it safely.

READ FIRST: At the bottom of this post is the FAQ. Here you will find answers on the most asked questions. Read them before posting any question in this thread. When you want my support, tell me which device and version of Backup TA you're using and attach the complete output. I can not help you without this and besides it's really not so much to ask in return, now is it? No effort without effort.

This tool currently only works under Windows. Mac, Linux, and native Android will be supported in the future. Using this tool is at your own risk.

Downloads
    Changelog
    Source (released under MIT license)

Stable releases do have a version tag like this: v1.0 (example)
    Beta releases do have a version tag like this: v1.0b2 (example).

COMPATIBLE DEVICES
    Sony Xperia Z2
    Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
    Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
    Sony Xperia Z1
    Sony Xperia Z
    Sony Xperia Z Tablet
    [...]
    All Compatible Devices

GUIDE
    1. Download the latest version of Backup TA.
    2. Extract the ZIP file to a folder location of your choosing.
    3. Navigate to the folder location of Backup TA.
    4. Make sure no other script or application which is using ADB is running.
    5. Make sure the device is booted in normal mode (the way you normally use it).
    6. Run Backup-TA.bat
    7. Read the last paragraph of the license before continuing.
    8. Read the information and follow the instructions given by the tool.

Backup Video Tutorial. Kindly provided by @shem2409:
    FAQ
    Q: Is my device supported?
    A: Look at the supported devices list above this FAQ. When it is not listed, try to make a backup it will tell you if your device is supported.

Q: Do I need root for this?
    A: Yes, you do need root for both backup and restore to work. I would advice to use @DooMLoRD's excellent Easy Rooting Toolkit for this, when not already rooted.

Q: Can I use someone else's backup?
    A: No, this will hard-brick your device.

Q: Can I restore my TA.img file from Backup TA v4 and earlier or another tool?
    A: Yes, choose "Convert TA.img" in the menu.

Q: Does it bring back my DRM keys when I already unlocked my device before making a backup?
    A: Not without a backup of the TA before it was ever unlocked.

Q: Can I restore my TA while running a ROM with a non-stock kernel?
    A: Yes, but it will soft-brick your device and you need Sony PC Companion or Flashtool to fix it by flashing stock firmware. Best is to first return to a complete stock ROM or at least flash a stock kernel (do not confuse with stock based kernel!) before restoring the TA, this prevents the soft-brick.

Q: Will a restore relock the bootloader?
    A: Yes, it will relock the bootloader like it was never unlocked.

Q: What is 'restore dry-run'?
    A: When you do a dry-run restore it will perform a regular restore with the exception that it will not write anything to your device. This is helpful to test a backup without actually restoring it.

Q: What is the correct file size for a backup?
    A: The TA partition size can differ per model, so there is no one answer to this question. You can rest assured that your backup is fine, also in file size, when the tool says the backup was successful.

Q: Why do multiple backups often differ in size?
    A: The TA partition also contains a logging area which changes every time the device boots, which then leads to different compression size per backup file. Nothing to worry about.
    I write this post to inform you that I will not maintain this tool anymore. There are a couple of reasons for this.

Nexus owner
    Since I bought myself the Nexus 5 I have vowed to never buy a non-nexus device (when Nexus is available that is) anymore. Reason for this is the latest updates of Android, the bootloader which can be unlocked and relocked without having to find locked root first and then make a backup of keys or certificates to still have warranty without questions asked. So another Sony device (or any HTC, Samsung, LG, Motorola, etc for that matter) will be highly unlikely for me.

Window 8+
    I got this beautiful Apple Macbook Pro from my work and I almost never touch my Windows machine anymore. On this machine (old one) I can not install Windows 8 or later since it is not compatible. Therefor I am unable to give support to the latest Windows versions.

No time
    I have found some other interesting hobbies I would like to spent my time on. One of them is AI and the other is sports. With that, and my personal life in general, there is no time left to work on projects as these.

Since this project is licensed under MIT, anyone can pick up the maintenance or start their own tool. This thread and their downloads will not be removed, so you can always download the tool for a restore or backup.
    ok another update....somehow i managed to go past usb debugging screen. removed the sony pc companion....installed sony z ultra ADB drivers, reconnected the device and started backup TA. it took a successful backup. then I tried to test the back using the option restore -dry run. but after running that function i came up with this error. now what is this? should i ignore this error?

fwr70o.jpg

For me too.
    I'm Windows 10 user.
    What I can do?

I have tried this on windows 10 64bit, I am pretty sure it'll work on 32 bit too.
    Download the zipped find.exe in the attachment.
    Replace it with "find.exe" in the following directory
    Code:
    Backup-TA-9.11\tools
    tool for win10:good:
    Backup-TA for Sony Xperia Z / ZL

Backup-TA can backup and restore the TA partition of the device. When you create a backup before unlocking for the first time, then you will be able to restore to full factory state. This means all DRM keys intact, Bravia Engine working in Album and last but not least your warranty when needed :highfive:.

READ: At the bottom of this post is the FAQ. Here you will find answers on the most asked questions. Read them before posting any question in this thread. When you post a question which is already answered in the FAQ, I will ignore you and smile :D.

This tool only works under Windows. Mac and Linux will not be supported.

Downloads: https://github.com/DevShaft/Backup-TA/tags
    Source: https://github.com/DevShaft/Backup-TA (release under MIT license)

FAQ
    Q: Do I need root for this?
    A: Yes, you do need root for this to work.

Q: Does it really work?
    A: Really?

Q: Can I use someone else's backup?
    A: No, this will hard-brick your device.

Q: Does it bring back my DRM keys etc. when I already unlocked my device?
    A: Not without a backup of the TA before the initial unlock.

Great that you made a new one, may keep others from uneccesary bricking their devices :thumbup:

A thing for the FAQ would be the softbrick when restoring on other than stock and and that it only works on totally stock, not bringing DRM keys to other ROMs when unlocked.

Skickat från min C6603 via Tapatalk 2