FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (May 15 – 30)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Epson Moverio BT-200 Wearable Display

Thanks Meter: 170

By sev7en, Senior Member on 12th May 2014, 01:36 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
5th May 2015, 04:47 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
cant bootup
i was testing with my unity app and suddenly it shuts down, later then i boot it up and see the below,

h t t p s://vid.me/6cJv

i cant boot it up anymore, it keeps shutting down by itself, i cant press anything, none of the button is working.

the white screen only show on the right screen.
it shows "android system" window with "power off" message
then it pops out "update package report"

what's wrong with the device? i didn't root it or change any file. i tried "hold power button for 8 sec", "pin the hole for 2 sec ", "hold power button and volume button for 8 sec". nothing helps.

it got me mad! any help to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	68
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	3297098   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	3297099  

6th May 2015, 05:40 PM |#322  

More
GPS and Google Map on Moverio issue
Hello,

I've been developing an application for the Moverio using the GPS and google Map at the same time.
I have already followed the different tutorial about how to install google service and also installing the developer version of the device.
And now, it's been 2 weeks that the GPS is not working anymore with the moverio. I already have contact Epson about this issue and the technical service are looking at it so I'm still waiting an answer from them.
Moreover, I test the application with another Moverio and I was able to see that the application can't use google map if I'm not already connected to the google service with an account and as soon as I have connect the moverio with my account, the moverio got some update about the google service and only after that update, the GPS won't work.
Now that I have explained my issue, I would like to know if there are other developpers that got the same issue. And if that's the case, how did they resolve it.

I'm looking forward your answers, follows developers

Sincerly,

Ka-Yan
Last edited by Ka-Yan; 11th May 2015 at 12:48 PM.
9th May 2015, 08:29 PM |#323  

More
Exclamation DJI Phantom 3
I have been using the BT 200 with my Phantom Vision and Phantom Vision+ for a year now.
This is a great device with a big potential.
Thanks to this forum, I was able to improve the functionality of the glasses by rooting, installing Play Store and Google Maps.

Now I need HELP !

The app running the new Phantom 3 needs Android 4.1 or higher, the Moverios are 4.0....

Will there be an update to the Moverio OS ? Or do we have some smart whiz in our circle who can find a way to install the DJI Pilot app on the Moverios ?
Ideally there should be Android 5.1 installed on the Moverio BT 200, then all the developers would be able to develop applications for the future without having to spend time on workarounds to make Android 4.0 compatible with the present applications.

Epson, please stay up to date, I am not ready to throw away my Moverios because they went from innovative to obsolete in one year...
12th May 2015, 08:28 PM |#324  

More
DJI Phantom 3 - miracast??
Hey guys -
Since it may be a while before I can get my BT-200 upgraded to be able to install the DJI Pilot App I was thinking about using the miracast function to view the image of the app running on an NVidia Sheild Tablet (running Android 5.x).

Having problems figuring this out. I put the Nvidia Sheild in "cast" mode and tried to put the glasses in sync mode but how to you connect networking? Or am I doing it backward? Any help would be great.

Tom
12th May 2015, 10:14 PM |#325  

More
Miracast
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauizoom

I have been using the BT 200 with my Phantom Vision and Phantom Vision+ for a year now.
This is a great device with a big potential.
Thanks to this forum, I was able to improve the functionality of the glasses by rooting, installing Play Store and Google Maps.

Now I need HELP !

The app running the new Phantom 3 needs Android 4.1 or higher, the Moverios are 4.0....

Will there be an update to the Moverio OS ? Or do we have some smart whiz in our circle who can find a way to install the DJI Pilot app on the Moverios ?
Ideally there should be Android 5.1 installed on the Moverio BT 200, then all the developers would be able to develop applications for the future without having to spend time on workarounds to make Android 4.0 compatible with the present applications.

Epson, please stay up to date, I am not ready to throw away my Moverios because they went from innovative to obsolete in one year...

I used the Miracast (Screen share) function on my Tablet (TAB S) to pump out the video to my My BT-200's successfully. Tested ok with PH2 V+ and PH3P apps

Regs Chris

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcgcisco

Hello everyone.

These glasses are totally AWESOME for having a first person view FPV of my DJI Phantom 2 vision. I know there are a bunch of folks like me out there so here's a couple of quick tips:

You don't have to root your device to load this app - just connect your Moverio to the internet and go to the DJI support site, find your model download (or bring up the DJI support site on your computer and use your glasses to scan the QR code)
Sometimes the Moverio unit just won't turn on. Open the door on the side and use a paperclip to GENTLY reset it (store that paperclip in the case!)
On the Phantom 2 Vision controller the moverio unit seems to fit better vertically (not sideways). Just my opinion.

Now about that Phantom 3 App.....
I've been in touch with Epson and DJI. Product Manager from Epson said they are looking into things. We were hopeful for a better app for the Phantom 2 vision but it's not here yet. Looks like the biggest obstacle is the Android version -- Glasses are stuck at 4.0.4 and DJI says minimum of 4.1.2. We're gonna have to make some noise here. If enough people post here and at the Epson support site that just might be enough to get a new version out. It won' t happen if we don't ask, cry, scream and beg LOL. Please be polite 'cuz we all know it's easier to say NO to a rude person.

Let's get the word out!
(and if anyone gets the new DJI Pilot app to work on these glasses please let us know!

Good luck everyone!

Tom

Miracast (Screen share is how I do it..)
15th May 2015, 06:46 AM |#326  

More
Miracast
Thanks Chris, for the heads up on Miracast.

However, I have not been able to successfully connect my BT200 (D1.1.2) to any of my mobile devices.
I have a Galaxy S5 and a Galaxy Tab4.

Is there something I am missing ? A dongle or an app ?

TheBT 200 recognizes my S5 but not my Tab4, but will not connect.

I get a message "connection failed"...

Thanks for helping,

Aloha,

Reinhard
15th May 2015, 01:38 PM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmanaman666

Hi, how do you introduce films of 7 or more GB MicroSD card in the Moverio?

Could you format in NTFS mode ?

Thanks

Hi,
I think ExFAT should do that. NTFS is MS propriatary.
G.
19th May 2015, 03:32 PM |#328  

More
mirror keeping wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybericebyte

If you want to mirror from you phone or other Android device try MirrorOP Sender and receiver in the play store market. There is a cost for the unlimited version which I plan to purchase next week. Now if I can just find a way to stream my voice calls to the bt-200 I'll be set.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Hi cybericebyte,

Did this work for you with the bt-200?
Is it possible to use the WiFi-connection simultaneously - with other Apps? I have a demo for video chat etc. I would like to show to my customers.
It would be nice to know for certain before rooting my device…

Thanks!
19th May 2015, 04:08 PM |#329  
Pamona
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Mirrorop did streaming voice calls no solution yet. However mirrorop uses a lot of battery from the phone and is prone to crash with screen standby app. Suggestions using a multipoint bluetooth headset for voice calls.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to cybericebyte For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2015, 12:12 PM |#330  
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I am starting to get the feeling. that Epson are NOT updating the Android version, because, possibly, a NEW version of Moverio is on the cards, which, IF it is true, will probably leave us "high and dry" with what we currently have, that does not a lot, C'mon Epson, at least tell us what is happening, at the very least we are going to expect a healthy upgrade incentive from you.
Rant over
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread