FORUMS

Sunday Debate: Which Factors Caused HTC’s Woes?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on HTC’s situation. Come with your … more

HTC’s New Ad Campaign And What It Really Means

HTC has just released three new blind test adverts comparing app loading … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

[Q] Must cycle Airplane mode between texts

193 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By mdphoenix, Senior Member on 25th March 2014, 12:20 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
4th December 2014, 03:33 PM |#151  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I know Santod is a DNA wizard, would someone please direct him to see this thread? I would live his help!
The Following User Says Thank You to DasOgre For This Useful Post: [ View ]

26th February 2015, 09:47 PM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
If anyone is using Tasker that has this issue, it might be worth checking out a google groups thread that talks about "HippoSMSTrigger" (sorry can't post the link because < 10 posts). Someone put together a service that sends an intent whenever an SMS is sent successfully. I use this to toggle airplane mode (after setting it to toggle on the mobile radio via Secure Settings) also via Secure Settings.
The Following User Says Thank You to jstys92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th May 2015, 04:12 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anyone found a solution to this problem other than going back to an older stock rom?
27th May 2015, 01:59 PM |#154  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

More
I have an update.

After giving up and going back to JB last year, I've been using my phone religiously with acceptable results. Rooted, Tether, Texting. All working well. I just didn't have some of the nicer features of the newer OSs.

Last week, my power button gave out. So VZW sent me another phone yesterday. I had to return my old phone to stock, so I flashed a different ROM on it in anticipation of the new phone coming and unrooting the old one.

I stuck KitKat on it. And somehow, texting was working. I couldn't believe it. I thought the issue was gone. So I put it back to stock, locked it, and S-ON. It's going back tomorrow.

I started shoving ROMs onto the new phone. I really just want GPE. Turns out, that's not gonna happen. The SMS issue is still there. I tried a few different ROMs to no avail. Finally, I decided to try the ROM I used on the old phone., and it worked. I'm using dlx-kitkat_Full-Odex_4.09.605.1_CL322791, and not having a problem so far. Now, I don't know if I'll be able to tether with this. I'm hoping there is a tether solution for Kit Kat because that's really how I primarily use my phone on the road. But for now, the stars have semi-aligned and things are working almost as expected.

I hope this helps someone.

EDIT: A few hours later and still going strong! I wish it weren't a Sense ROM, but I'll make do.
Last edited by mdphoenix; 27th May 2015 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Update
28th May 2015, 01:10 PM |#155  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bel Air, MD

More
So after trying a multitude of ROMs, this one works beautifully : NuSenseSIX-MAX-dlx_RC3.02_052014.zip

No complaints after about 12 hours.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
airplane, cycle, sms, text
Previous Thread Next Thread