FORUMS

Galaxy Unpacked: What is Samsung Going to Unveil?

Amidst all the hype of the OnePlus 2 and the rain of Moto 2015 news, Samsung tried … more

Arrow Launcher: Good Effort Without Direction

Microsoft’s Android expansion has been well received on the productivity front, but … more

Two New Moto X and New Moto G – Specs & Details

Today’s Moto event just ended and now we have a clear look at all of … more

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

Vanir / AICP / SOKP [Q/A]- DISCUSSION THREAD

319 posts
Thanks Meter: 687

By vickyushu, Senior Member on 19th April 2014, 02:46 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
28th May 2015, 07:07 PM |#181  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaluza

Ok, the build is probably faulty... I'll post a working build in a few hours. It seems you can't just change compiler flags and expect it to work... But I'm not giving up I think it's time for a separate thread after all :P

actually, i just read on another android forum a guy with an unrooted s advance on stock rom asking for help with the same problem, and some nexus 5 users with a cm12 based rom and the same problem that seems to be solved - temporarily - setting localization on "device only" so it might be a problem affecting the last version of google play services

28th May 2015, 08:59 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 696

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSteve87

actually, i just read on another android forum a guy with an unrooted s advance on stock rom asking for help with the same problem, and some nexus 5 users with a cm12 based rom and the same problem that seems to be solved - temporarily - setting localization on "device only" so it might be a problem affecting the last version of google play services

Well yes and no-flashing build 05-20 solves the problem, so it's at least partially ROM dependent. And the only significant difference is -O3 for thumb code instead of -Os. But I'll test the location thing.
28th May 2015, 10:09 PM |#183  

More
Ok your hint with location helped. There's also another solution - in advanced wifi settings enable 'scanning always available' and you can use any location settings you want. I had it enabled before and that's why I haven't noticed the problem, but without your help those things weren't connected for me in any way...
Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to mkaluza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2015, 11:09 PM |#184  

More
Ok, I created a separate thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...ction-t3120970
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread