FORUMS

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

I/O Summary: Google Now on Tap

Google is all about organizing the world’s information to make it universally useful, and these … more

[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Thanks Meter: 1,033

By dansou901, Recognized Contributor on 26th April 2014, 05:42 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Yesterday, 06:12 AM |#2651  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 9,806

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyum

Thanks for the info! In terms of the gapps, which specific one should I download because I would prefer the smallest version but most are designed for 5.0+?

Which gapps you use is entirely up to you. Slim gapps offers various package sizes though, so they might be a good idea.

http://slimroms.net/index.php/downlo...1150-addons4-4

XDA Moderator
Transmitted via Bacon
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Yesterday, 11:05 AM |#2652  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobyum

Thanks for the info! In terms of the gapps, which specific one should I download because I would prefer the smallest version but most are designed for 5.0+?

Please browse thru the below link which has most of the GAPPS.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...hread-t3064693
Today, 12:09 AM |#2653  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
unlocking bootloader
Hello Guys,

I just received my OPO and am trying to unlock the bootloader. I tried following the instructions mentioned in this video- "How to Root the OnePlus One and Unlock Bootloader and Install Custom Recovery" on the XDA developer's channel.
I have installed all the drivers and the opo toolbox v6. My developer options is enabled. When I enter fastboot and connect my cable to the phone and click on unlock, it doesn't do anything. I then tried to click on attached devices and I get the following error (see error.png). Please help me out here.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	3336846  
Today, 12:36 AM |#2654  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneorun

Hello Guys,

I just received my OPO and am trying to unlock the bootloader. I tried following the instructions mentioned in this video- "How to Root the OnePlus One and Unlock Bootloader and Install Custom Recovery" on the XDA developer's channel.
I have installed all the drivers and the opo toolbox v6. My developer options is enabled. When I enter fastboot and connect my cable to the phone and click on unlock, it doesn't do anything. I then tried to click on attached devices and I get the following error (see error.png). Please help me out here.

Thank you

I can only suggest you get rid of the toolbox. Honestly, a toolbox isn't required for this device and quite often only cause problems. I have a guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2839471

It contains detailed instructions for everything you need to do.
Today, 01:11 AM |#2655  

More
Hello Heisenberg,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I uninstalled the studio and installed the adb driver listed in your post. Post that I went to the folder and did as asked. When I enter fastboot devices, it comes back with no results. I might be missing something here.

Thank you.
Today, 01:32 AM |#2656  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hello Heisenberg,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I uninstalled the studio and installed the adb driver listed in your post. Post that I went to the folder and did as asked. When I enter fastboot devices, it comes back with no results. I might be missing something here.

Thank you.

Did you reboot your PC after uninstalling and installing the drivers?

XDA Moderator
Transmitted via Bacon
Today, 01:48 AM |#2657  

More
I got it sir. I had to properly install the drivers from the device manager. I thank you for all your help. Your procedure helped a lot. Short and easy

Thank you again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg

I can only suggest you get rid of the toolbox. Honestly, a toolbox isn't required for this device and quite often only cause problems. I have a guide here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2839471

It contains detailed instructions for everything you need to do.

Today, 02:01 AM |#2658  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I got it sir. I had to properly install the drivers from the device manager. I thank you for all your help. Your procedure helped a lot. Short and easy

Thank you again

Awesome, very glad to help.

XDA Moderator
Transmitted via Bacon
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread