FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
21st May 2015, 11:35 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 489

More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandisrocking007

Hi @aureljared i like what you have done with the modification of vr-theme but i am having a problem it seems that this zip package is not working with my device I have a lenovo A3500 which has a quadcore ARM Cortex-A7 Processor and i am using TWRP Recovery and android version 4.4.2 that is kitkat. It seems that it is showing that the flashing was sucessfull but it was not.

-I tried to flash transition animation xml files to system/framework/framework-res.apk/res/anim/

-I have also tried to flash this but replacing your update-binary with my update-binary which i have got from ota update (Still does not work)

-Flashing with the original vrtheme work but it does not work with evil theme

I have posted my recovery.log , Update-binary and my evil theme that i was going to flash below.

PLEASE HELP I LIKE YOUR PROJECT

Thanks for attaching the log and zip!
Try this version: v2.0.2
Quote:

What's new?
* Wrapped every statement that has variables in quotes
* Tweaked zip syntax
* Bring back the VRTheme directory checking
* Be a bit more verbose about cleaning up
* Stop using $(ls) for looping apps
* Framework apps donít have their individual directories, so donít be
silly
* Removed useless variables and mkdir loop
* Fix incomplete statement in checkdex()
* Capture date and time much earlier in execution
* Stop using ==, some shells might not support it

I feel like slapping myself, I keep overlooking a few bugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to aureljared For This Useful Post: [ View ]

28th May 2015, 03:30 PM |#102  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by aureljared

Thanks for attaching the log and zip!
Try this version: v2.0.2

I feel like slapping myself, I keep overlooking a few bugs.

Sorry it took me so long to test and reply i had my university exams going on i am sorry to say but it seems like it is still not working i have checked the error is from line no 376 to 386 it seems that for some reason it can not edit the data/tmp location (I have already rooted my phone) if you need any files in my device including the recovery.img please ask i really want to get to the bottom of this problem......lol i am attaching the recovery.log file and the evil theme file which i tried to flash below

by the way there were empty files named placeholder i deleted them before zipping my device is that ok

I have also copied the error from 376 to 386 below

Code:
- Themeing apps 
cp: can't create '/data/tmp/evt-backup/system/framework/': No such file or directory
cp: can't create '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/': No such file or directory
* framework-res.apk 
mv: can't rename '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk': No such file or directory
zip I/O error: No such file or directory
zip error: Could not create output file (/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk.zip)
mv: can't rename '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk.zip': No such file or directory
sh: bad number
Unable to open 'framework-res.apk' as zip archive
cp: can't stat 'aligned/framework-res.apk': No such file or directory
- Creating restore zip in /data/eviltheme-backup 

zip error: Nothing to do! (/data/tmp/eviltheme/restore-052515-055525.zip)
- Cleaning up
Attached Files
File Type: zip eviltheme_bounce.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 2 views)
File Type: log recovery.log - [Click for QR Code] (18.9 KB, 2 views)
Yesterday, 04:20 AM |#103  
OP Senior Member
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 489

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anandisrocking007

Sorry it took me so long to test and reply i had my university exams going on i am sorry to say but it seems like it is still not working i have checked the error is from line no 376 to 386 it seems that for some reason it can not edit the data/tmp location (I have already rooted my phone) if you need any files in my device including the recovery.img please ask i really want to get to the bottom of this problem......lol i am attaching the recovery.log file and the evil theme file which i tried to flash below

by the way there were empty files named placeholder i deleted them before zipping my device is that ok

I have also copied the error from 376 to 386 below

Code:
- Themeing apps 
cp: can't create '/data/tmp/evt-backup/system/framework/': No such file or directory
cp: can't create '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/': No such file or directory
* framework-res.apk 
mv: can't rename '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk': No such file or directory
zip I/O error: No such file or directory
zip error: Could not create output file (/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk.zip)
mv: can't rename '/data/tmp/eviltheme/apply/system/framework/framework-res.apk.zip': No such file or directory
sh: bad number
Unable to open 'framework-res.apk' as zip archive
cp: can't stat 'aligned/framework-res.apk': No such file or directory
- Creating restore zip in /data/eviltheme-backup 

zip error: Nothing to do! (/data/tmp/eviltheme/restore-052515-055525.zip)
- Cleaning up

I think I found what's wrong.
I modified your zip with the fixed script and attached it below.

(I hope everything is all right now.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip eviltheme_bounce.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.43 MB, 4 views)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eviltheme, flash, recovery, theme, vrtheme
Previous Thread Next Thread