FORUMS

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

I/O Summary: How Android M Handles Power And Charging

In the spirit of improving the core Android experience, Google is changing Android … more

I/O Summary: Google Photos App

At I/O 2015, Google tackled the information problem in mobile once more, this time through … more

I/O Summary: Development, Play Store, The Next Billion

VP of Engineering Jen Fitzpatrick began talking about what Google is doing to … more

[tool] ANDROID_IMG_REPACK_TOOLS

Thanks Meter: 2,300

By A.S._id, Recognized Developer on 6th January 2014, 09:54 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th May 2015, 01:23 PM |#191  
Thanks Meter: 203

More
@A.S._id
Could you please update the Linux tool script in first post with 5.0.1_r5 and 5.1.1_r1?

I edited the 5.1.0_r3 configure changing the reference 5.1.0_r3 to 5.1.0_r5. It worked

I edited the 5.1.0_r3 configure changing the reference 5.1.0_r3 to 5.1.1_r1.
Didn't work. Errore about stable/cm12.0.
I changed stable/cm12.0 to stable/cm12.1- Didn't work
I changed stable/cm12.0 to cm12.1. It worked. Is it right?

6th May 2015, 02:07 PM |#192  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bovirus

@A.S._id
Could you please update the Linux tool script in first post with 5.0.1_r5 and 5.1.1_r1?

I edited the 5.1.0_r3 configure changing the reference 5.1.0_r3 to 5.1.0_r5. It worked

I edited the 5.1.0_r3 configure changing the reference 5.1.0_r3 to 5.1.1_r1.
Didn't work. Errore about stable/cm12.0.
I changed stable/cm12.0 to stable/cm12.1- Didn't work
I changed stable/cm12.0 to cm12.1. It worked. Is it right?

Dear Sir! I'm following the release of updates is not worse than you. If I have not done it because of lack of time. Please, do not need to be reminded that I need to do! I'm doing what I think is necessary, as far as possible and opportunity ...
The Following User Says Thank You to A.S._id For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th May 2015, 02:39 PM |#193  

More
i posted my tentative because if you can help (confrim that it's rigfht), could be usefull for all users (while you are updating your tools).
24th May 2015, 11:29 AM |#194  

More
@A.S._id
Google released branches: 5.5.1_r2 and 5.1.1_r3.

https://android.googlesource.com/pla...manifest/+refs
Last edited by bovirus; 24th May 2015 at 11:32 AM.
Today, 06:54 AM |#195  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Question
Just to make it more clear for me:

Code:
## Creating new android sparse img for flashing (android 2.3.6-4.2)

$ mkuserimg.sh -s system_mnt system_new.img ext4 ./temp [size partition MB for example 1024M]
## or
$ make_ext4fs -s -l 1024M system_new.img system_mnt
Code:
## Create new FS or converting ext4 img to sparse img for flashing (android 4.3-etc)

$ ./mkuserimg.sh -s system system.img ext4 /system 2324M file_contexts
or
$ ext2simg -v system.raw.img system_new.img
So does that mean when we configure the tool with android-4.3_r3.1 and above so all *.img files will be unpacked and repacked using ./mkuserimg.sh -s system system.img ext4 /system 2324M file_contexts or ext2simg whatever they are Snabdragon or exynos (except octa)?

And when we configure the tool with android-4.2.2_r1.2 and below so all *.img files will be unpacked and repacked using make_ext4fs whatever they are Snabdragon or exynos (except octa)?
Today, 07:22 AM |#196  
OP Recognized Developer

More
yes, for exynos octa after creating sparse img you must change size of img header to 32 bytes via sgs4ext4fs
Today, 08:04 AM |#197  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.S._id

yes, for exynos octa after creating sparse img you must change size of img header to 32 bytes via sgs4ext4fs

Thanks for fast support
So in this case why we need to select between Snapdragon and Exynos dual / quad img menu?
As the configuration step will automatically select the suitable ( mkuserimg.sh or make_ext4fs or ext2simg ) according to the Android version, So we can unpack and repack Snapdragon and Exynos Dual / Quad img using any one of the img menu?

In clear words if I have Snapdragon img file android v4.4.4 then i can unpack and repack using Exynos Dual / Quad menu Or using Snapdragon menu and i should get the same result.

Is that right or there is something I missed?
Today, 11:08 AM |#198  
OP Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro-Man

Thanks for fast support
So in this case why we need to select between Snapdragon and Exynos dual / quad img menu?
As the configuration step will automatically select the suitable ( mkuserimg.sh or make_ext4fs or ext2simg ) according to the Android version, So we can unpack and repack Snapdragon and Exynos Dual / Quad img using any one of the img menu?

In clear words if I have Snapdragon img file android v4.4.4 then i can unpack and repack using Exynos Dual / Quad menu Or using Snapdragon menu and i should get the same result.

Is that right or there is something I missed?

You can use the same menu for snapdragon and exynos quad, but for exynos I'm realise creating new img ext4 via make_ext4fs, but for snapdragon ext2simg converting raw img to sparse for saving selinux contexts
Last edited by A.S._id; Today at 11:19 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread