FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

Haldi's Benchmark Thread for Governors&Undervolting&Overclocking the Z2

Thanks Meter: 497

By Haldi4803, Senior Member on 1st June 2014, 02:05 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
17th April 2015, 12:01 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member

More
as addition to the "Average Powerdrain in Daily Situations" now on Lolipop 5.0.2 Stock .690 ROM.

GPS Navigation via Google Maps
i was driving about 50km trough the countryside today and tought i'd use this chance to make a GPS Powerdrain Benchmark
Google Maps Navigation works fine even with screen off (you can see in the graph, the first 5-8 minutes were with screen On, then off) You only get Voice notifications on where to go. Google Maps uses GPS and Mobile Data but does all the calculations in the cloud, therefore no hughe CPU load.
It took roughly 57 Minutes and the Battery dropped from 85% to 78% (ca. 7% per hour).
The average Powerdrain was 1.16W

(right click view image for Original size)

The Graph shows in Blue the meassured value (every 100ms) and in red the average over 25seconds.
There should be a TimeIndex at the bottom from 0 to 57 Minutes.... but well.....

If you have 22'066 Data Points in 57 Minutes you can set a Maximum Space of 255 points (again these 25 seconds) meaning you have 2 numbers shown per minute, aka 114 values on this short graph.... simply to much!

The "cleaned" average with only Screen off powerdrain would be 860mW
The Following User Says Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

21st April 2015, 04:19 PM |#102  
OP Senior Member

More
Display SubPixel Matrix under the microscope
Because i had the chance today i played around with a brand new microscope with a 100x magnitude
A friend lent me his iPhone 6 and my Xperia Z2 with a fully white Screen and i tought i'd take a closer look at the subPixels. Sadly i failed to use Printscreen and took a picture of the Monitor xD

SubPixel Matrix of a Sony Xperia Z2 with a 100x magnification

SubPixel Matrix of a iPhone 6 (4.7") with a 100x magnification
2nd May 2015, 02:24 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
So I tried to read all the tests and to be honest, I didn`t understand a lot of this.. I am with 5.0.2 .726 lollipop and thinking to unlock my bootloader, to go for any kernel I want and trying to reach best performance for my phone. I personally need more battery life, because it lasts me one day, for 4hrs of screen time. So what I should do really to get amazing experience for my z2, like others have?

Thanks
2nd May 2015, 11:38 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member

More
This http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768544
6th May 2015, 08:55 PM |#105  
OP Senior Member

More
Review: External Battery Case
So after long time i've invested 20$ and got this 4500mAh external Battery Power Case.

I've got mine from AliExpress (Link here) it arrived roughly 12 days after ordering.

Why did i go for this 4500mAh version and not any other 3500mAh charger out there? Because this model here says it can charge 5V with 1A, while most others only do 0.8A (in comparison sony's EP880 Wallcharger does 1.5A). And the Test's confirm this. The phone itself with Screen on uses about 400mA charging with the dock you get about 600mA charging using the official Wall charger you get about 900-1000mA, so Yes, it does indeed have an output of 1A.

So how much does it charge? i managed to get my phone from 5% back to 93% that's quite something. Altough it took 3.5hours

So here we have the standard Graphs for Charging

it's roughly 40 minutes slower than with the Magnector X cable i normaly use to charge my phone. Pretty impressive.

So, whats the bad points?
A: It takes ages to charge to Case itself. roughly 4-5 hours, did not meassure that exactly.
B: it's not healthy to store a battery (cover) with full health. If you don't use it over longer periods, make sure you only charge it up to 75% So you still have to re-charge it to 100% right before going on a longer trip.

P.S Here is the Manual that shows how the 4 Lights on the Backside work.

Oh yeah... it has a Powerbutton, so you can actually use the Case without charging.
AND it's said you can charge the Phone and Case at the same time. Gonna try that the next time my phone is empty.
Edit: Yes, you can really charge the Phone and the Case at the same time. it simply takes ages ^^
Roughly 7 hours to charge the phone! But after that the dock will also be full.
Last edited by Haldi4803; 9th May 2015 at 03:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2015, 10:48 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member

More
Charging Test Nr16 Sony 5.0.2 build.28 Androplus Kernel v57 with 2A Samsung Wallcharger

Using a 2A Samsung Wallcharger!

Graph:

And in Numbers:

No difference to Sony 1.5A Wallcharger.
28th May 2015, 10:01 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
With a LG G2 Charger (1.8A) and a magnetic cable it makes a huge difference for me.
28th May 2015, 11:32 PM |#108  
OP Senior Member

More
Install Trepn Profiler from Playstore.
Switch to Advanced Mode.
in Settings [General] Tab set "Profiling Interval" to 30'000ms aka 30 seconds
in Settings [Data Points] Tab set "Percent Battery Remaining" as only Datapoint.
Plug in your Phone, press "Profile System".
When done save as .db file, then "analyze run" click on "Graph" and zoom till it reaches 100% at the end.
Take Screenshot:

The Following User Says Thank You to Haldi4803 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 10:22 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 140

Donate to Me
More
Gonna do this when my phone's battery is at 5%
Yesterday, 03:21 PM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 851

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

No difference to Sony 1.5A Wallcharger.

There's a limit set in the kernel. By default it is set to 1500 mA.
Source : https://github.com/pec0ra/abricot/bl...wc3/dwc3_otg.h at line 27
The Following User Says Thank You to pec0ra For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread