FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

Nexus 10 (Manta) Help Thread - Ask Your Questions Here!

6,160 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,059

By demkantor, Recognized Contributor on 4th March 2014, 11:53 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
8th May 2015, 07:46 PM |#181  
Flag Kirchheim
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok I'll try that... But still another question: I created a backup using cwm, and even I go to restore in cwm I see the backup... But will it still be around after flashing? And where in the file system it's it, I can't find it with a file manager... Wanted to store it on my pc just in case...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

8th May 2015, 07:48 PM |#182  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Area51
Thanks Meter: 2,731

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Lemmy]

Ok I'll try that... But still another question: I created a backup using cwm, and even I go to restore in cwm I see the backup... But will it still be around after flashing? And where in the file system it's it, I can't find it with a file manager... Wanted to store it on my pc just in case...

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Free mobile app

I dont use CWM, I cannot help you here, sorry ...

Thx Josh
9th May 2015, 04:43 AM |#183  
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Does anyone know where could I find the February 21 CM 12 nightly? Battery life was astounding on that specific one.

I've been looking for weeks without results, I seriously need it.
10th May 2015, 04:49 PM |#184  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Campinas
Thanks Meter: 1,275

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelator

Does anyone know where could I find the February 21 CM 12 nightly? Battery life was astounding on that specific one.

I've been looking for weeks without results, I seriously need it.

Hi,

The oldest nightly available on CM servers is the March 13th one. I believe the older ones were already deleted...

~Lord
10th May 2015, 07:22 PM |#185  

More
I have a Nexus 10 which up until yesterday was on stock 5.1. I followed the instructions in the tutorial video to root and flash CWM and everything went well. Afterwards I opened up superSU and I get the message "there is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it." I then tried to reboot into CWM as I figured I had to flash the binaries but the recovery it boots into is no longer CWM but instead just the stock recovery. What do I need to do to finish up the rooting process?
11th May 2015, 08:31 AM |#186  
Flag Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium
Thanks Meter: 902

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrmuh

I have a Nexus 10 which up until yesterday was on stock 5.1. I followed the instructions in the tutorial video to root and flash CWM and everything went well. Afterwards I opened up superSU and I get the message "there is no SU binary installed, and superSU cannot install it." I then tried to reboot into CWM as I figured I had to flash the binaries but the recovery it boots into is no longer CWM but instead just the stock recovery. What do I need to do to finish up the rooting process?

To have root access you need to flash supersu zip package to make it push the su binary. To do so you need a recovery indeed. I recommand you to use TWRP instead of cwm.

If you flash a custom rom based on cm you won't need to flash supersu to get root access as those roms have a built-in root support (from developper settings)
12th May 2015, 01:55 PM |#187  
Flag Kirchheim

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036

I have never tested this but make a backup and give it a shot ....

Thx Josh

...wouldn't the -w in the last fastboot command also have to go?
12th May 2015, 02:57 PM |#188  
Flag Kirchheim

More
same **** different day.... I flashed (without any error messages), and rebooted... and my tablet is stuck in the boot animation. and from previous experiences I know that the only way to fix this will be a stock flash... followed by root and cwm install... and then roughly 3-5 days of setting up ****... and by then the next update is there.

anyone wanna buy a jinxed nexus 10? alternatively, tell me what the *beep* is wrong with that piece of *beep*?
29th May 2015, 07:14 PM |#189  
Flag Forgotten state of mind
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry if I missed the post, but can I flash 5.1.1 as suggested within the 3rd post without the userdata.img? Secondly, I'm currently running CM 4.4.4 KTU084Q with multi-users. Does the multi-user cause any issues with the initial bootup process and application updating? I'd test on my own as I don't care if I lose data; however, my Fiance would care and I have enough agro there already.

-Unlocked
-Rooted
-CWM Recovery

Tested:
Result failed. Applications updated but system was unable to load applications. Tablet hung on loading applications for 30m without advancing.
Last edited by OvrTehBottm; 1st June 2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Additional Information
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread