FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

$30 T-Mobile Phone Sim Works in Vzw G Pad

Thanks Meter: 19

By razgriz8426, Member on 13th June 2014, 06:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th March 2015, 08:55 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Actually i need some clarification , im looking for a tablet where i can insert my t-mobile phone sim with data to get data on the tablet.

any thoughts? Thanks

27th March 2015, 03:21 PM |#22  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joogle

Actually i need some clarification , im looking for a tablet where i can insert my t-mobile phone sim with data to get data on the tablet.

any thoughts? Thanks

It's been awhile since I tried it, but this worked for me with the VK810 and the T-mo $30 phone sim.
The Following User Says Thank You to razgriz8426 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2015, 02:46 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by razgriz8426

It's been awhile since I tried it, but this worked for me with the VK810 and the T-mo $30 phone sim.

was it Verizon edition of the VK810? Does that Verizon model take the T-mobile sim? Or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to joogle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2015, 07:12 PM |#24  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joogle

was it Verizon edition of the VK810? Does that Verizon model take the T-mobile sim? Or does it have to be unlocked? Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, the VK810 is only with Verizon. The other models are V500 and V510. But yes, mine was Verizon, and I just popped in my T-mo micro sim because I was curious, and it worked. I probably had to set up APNs, but nothing other than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to razgriz8426 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th May 2015, 02:37 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
I upgraded to 4.4.x and now 5.0.2 and I'm having trouble using my Tmo SIM card. If I put the VZW back in and then the Tmo it works for a while. Any ideas?
27th May 2015, 03:55 AM |#26  
Flag Columbus, OH
Thanks Meter: 2,321

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroblog.com

I upgraded to 4.4.x and now 5.0.2 and I'm having trouble using my Tmo SIM card. If I put the VZW back in and then the Tmo it works for a while. Any ideas?

I think it was someone in my ROM thread in my signature that was able to continue to use their T-Mobile SIM on the VK810.4G under the official Lollipop release once they set the APN. Search my thread, maybe ask him questions (just not in the ROM thread) if you have to.

Sent from my VK810 4G
28th May 2015, 02:38 AM |#27  

Donate to Me
More
I did that. As I said it works for a while then doesn't. Wondering if it's blacklisted but swappa says it's clear. Weird issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to theroblog.com For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 09:07 PM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
APN Settings that worked
They are a little different than my Tmo stock ROM S4, and a little different than what you see in various places. Also a little different than the Tmo store guy put in.

This has been working for a few days so I'm pretty confident in them.

What was weird is I would get 'No Service' before and could not select a cellular network. I should have been able to see at least greyed out 4G LTE and bars before I got the APN setup right but had nothing.

Stock VZW 5.0.2 Lollipop

Screenshots attached:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-29-14-57-47.png
Views:	8
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	3338303
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2015-05-29-14-57-55.png
Views:	6
Size:	150.3 KB
ID:	3338302

Not that it should matter but I have an unlimited business line and this is on the $10 'matching' tablet plan. Postpaid.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread