FORUMS

Google No Longer Sending Calendar SMS Notifications

In a not entirely surprising move, Google announced that it’s putting an … more

Enable Multi-Window Mode on M Developer Preview

What was not mentioned in yeterday’s keynote was Android M’s multi-window … more

I/O Summary: Google Cardboard Virtual Reality

One year ago, Google introduced cardboard. Amazingly enough, that was all it took to fire … more

Android M Preview Images – XDA TV

Android M preview images are available. That and much more news is covered by Jordan when he … more

[ROM][Sprint] ViperOneM8 4.3.0 Tweaks, HUB, IconPacks, Themes, OTAs and more

Thanks Meter: 20,428

By Turge, Recognized Developer on 12th April 2014, 07:29 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Announcement from Turge: Got issues with the registration? You might want to read the FAQ
23rd May 2015, 04:01 PM |#3021  
Flag st. louis, mo
Thanks Meter: 223

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneC80

My search skills are failing me and I'm frustrated and at a loss....

Is there a way to enable roaming and/or roaming only on this ROM? I'm stuck in an area where I can get barely enough signal to send/receive a text and that's about it. Other than that, I'm digging the ROM - apparently I was way behind on Venom updates

I don't believe there is on the ROM.
Haven't read this but maybe check it out...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2717326
Last edited by stovo06; 23rd May 2015 at 04:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to stovo06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

24th May 2015, 01:45 AM |#3022  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovo06

I don't believe there is on the ROM.
Haven't read this but maybe check it out...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2717326

added that on, but it didn't seem to add any (at least from the GUI) functionality. Hrmm.... I'm still stumped.
24th May 2015, 05:04 PM |#3023  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I installed the ROM on my h/k m8(S-on) and it doesnt boot. It keeps booting to twrp. Also, after flashing the rom, when i click reboot system, twrp says that the device isnt rooted and asks if it should flash superSU.
28th May 2015, 01:25 AM |#3024  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
What kernel is everyone using for this? I flashed the most recent Hypernova and ran it for awhile and had terrible terrible battery drain. I don't know if it was the settings I selected or what. I was also seeing a huge battery drain from Miscellaneous in the battery usage screen.

I clean reflashed today, I had run it for a month with Hypernova and a few various bugs that seemed to stem from my install. The issues seem gone and I'm gonna try to run the stock kernel for awhile and see if I see a big difference. Not sure if the drain was a bug I had or the kernel, trying to narrow that down still.

Sent from my 831C using xda premium
28th May 2015, 01:48 AM |#3025  
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovicious

What kernel is everyone using for this? I flashed the most recent Hypernova and ran it for awhile and had terrible terrible battery drain. I don't know if it was the settings I selected or what. I was also seeing a huge battery drain from Miscellaneous in the battery usage screen.

I clean reflashed today, I had run it for a month with Hypernova and a few various bugs that seemed to stem from my install. The issues seem gone and I'm gonna try to run the stock kernel for awhile and see if I see a big difference. Not sure if the drain was a bug I had or the kernel, trying to narrow that down still.

Sent from my 831C using xda premium

Misc draw n is a lollipop "feature".... But the kernel should be good to go. Try 1.4.8 yet? Also, full wipe flash of rom, or any flash of kernel always needs a few days/battery cycles to level out and give you a real idea of what's going on for battery life. Feel free to ask questions or post concerns in the kernel thread for further assistance more kernel related

~m8whl on the Always Solid ViperOneM8 Latest
Hypernova mako_hotplug kernel at 2.572 Max 300 Min 1.190 Sleep
interactive (Franco tweaked)
row
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MassStash For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th May 2015, 02:03 AM |#3026  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
I guess I should have provided more details. Let me try...

I was on 3.2.1 for awhile before finally deciding to upgrade to 4.3.0. I used the stock kernel for 3.2.1 and found the drain and performance to be fine. I upgraded to 4.3.0, and after installing it, went straight to Hypernova 1.4.7, since I had been on a stock kernel for so long, I wanted to try a new one. I posted here about some problems I was having after my first flash. Anytime I'd open a game or something similar, I'd get the popup for "Google Play Services has stopped unexpectedly" and never could get it fixed. After a week of the heavy battery drain I noticed the "Misc" drain, I Googled it and saw it seemed to be an issue, as you mentioned. I had been messing with, and flashing and whatnot trying to fix the issues I was having, so I was tired of messing with it. I used the phone with this heavy drain and constant Google nagging for about a month. Today, I decided to try a clean wipe of the ROM and reflashed. I hadn't done this before, though I knew it'd probably fix it, because I was just kind of over messing with it and setting everything up again at the moment. My Google Play issue was gone, and a few of the other small bugs I had aswell. I proceeded to flash the Hypernova 1.4.7 flar port. For awhilt it seemed to run fine, then I looked, the battery seemed stable, but then it appeared again. I sat and used Chrome for about 2 mins, and lost around 6% battery life in that time. I could leave the phone setting down previously for an hour, pick it up, and had lost 10% of the battery.

I went back to the stock kernel and the problem seems to be gone. That's why I wasn't entirely sure the kernel was maybe not playing well with the ROM, or if I had picked a setting somewhere. I'll flash 1.4.8 if I can get a link to it (I checked the thread earlier looking for it, I saw a screenshot of it, but couldn't find the download itself). I'll flash it tonight, and go a full few days to see if it settles, but going back to the stock seems to have fixed the problem almost immediately, so I'm not sure where the issue lies, something I have somewhere I'm guessing. Now that I seem to at least have a fallback, I'll try it out for a few days. Also, thanks mass.
The Following User Says Thank You to audiovicious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Yesterday, 02:31 PM |#3027  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091

I installed the ROM on my h/k m8(S-on) and it doesnt boot. It keeps booting to twrp. Also, after flashing the rom, when i click reboot system, twrp says that the device isnt rooted and asks if it should flash superSU.

Any help, guys?
Yesterday, 05:37 PM |#3028  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hey guys...I've had viper installed for a month now Wi-Fi has just stop working...prior to installing viper I was in the clear with Android version and fw... i don't know what's upClick image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432917345002.png
Views:	106
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	3338048Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432917362770.png
Views:	108
Size:	166.4 KB
ID:	3338049Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432917394253.png
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	3338052Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1432917407337.png
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	3338053
Yesterday, 05:39 PM |#3029  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
And yes I've rebooted router and modem and phone
Today, 02:09 AM |#3030  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
My battery drain has come from that Google Services bug. Other than that I give it about a week of full charge cycles to settle.

Sent from HTC M8 running InsertCoin.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread