Inverted/Transparent Apps PlayStore, Hangouts, Inbox, etc,,Updated 20170518

Search This thread

Archangel

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
I have the voice working when you press the mic icon and in other apps like Hangouts and playstore when you want to use voice to navigate things in those apps. Just not on the home screen. I always find it amazing that platforms are built by Google when other previous ones are so wrought with bugs! Even today carriers and phones still do not have LP due to major bug issues and they want to move onto Android M LOL. Thats what bad car manufacturers do LOL!!!!!

It may only work on the M preview builds, everything is still beta pretty much on there so it's doubtful everything works correctly. I heard camera had some bugs and ok google on gnow was broke. Same stuff happened with the lollipop dev builds.

LEGALIZE IT.
Mattias Duarte ruined android. Material design sucks.

Thebear j koss

I have the voice working when you press the mic icon and in other apps like Hangouts and playstore when you want to use voice to navigate things in those apps. Just not on the home screen. I always find it amazing that platforms are built by Google when other previous ones are so wrought with bugs! Even today carriers and phones still do not have LP due to major bug issues and they want to move onto Android M LOL. Thats what bad car manufacturers do LOL!!!!!
Truthfully, it's 1 of the nice things about Apple. They only do major OS updates and new devices every 2 to 3 years. I love android but google tries too hard to be cutting edge instead of concentrating on full functionality and reliability. If they spent 1/3 of the time spent on the stupid material design and guidelines that handcuff true theme innovation, on killing all bugs and releasing a platform that can easily ported through most devices and manufacturers quickly, i would be more impressed. They have gone through half the alphabet in it's existence already!!! Lol.

LEGALIZE IT.

Archangel

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Amen brother! I dont understand, it wasnt like this when Android started out a few years back? Now every month or so a new "flagship" phone is out and older great phones are lost. Some flagship phones from just last year (most of the Droid line of phones) have still to even see a working LP update?? At this rate Android M will be out and no one will care about LP. IMHO LP and all its material design sucks. Heck Google is just now finally catching on to the dark themes. However, they are not really dark or inverted just a weird shade of gray. It is really like some geek @google is saying, "Okay, we'll do what most want and give them a dark themed UI but, do it our Googly way LOL hahahahahah.

Truthfully, it's 1 of the nice things about Apple. They only do major OS updates and new devices every 2 to 3 years. I love android but google tries too hard to be cutting edge instead of concentrating on full functionality and reliability. If they spent 1/3 of the time spent on the stupid material design and guidelines that handcuff true theme innovation, on killing all bugs and releasing a platform that can easily ported through most devices and manufacturers quickly, i would be more impressed. They have gone through half the alphabet in it's existence already!!! Lol.

LEGALIZE IT.

mlips821

Feb 6, 2015
Atlantic City
Now what food begins with "M"

Amen brother! I dont understand, it wasnt like this when Android started out a few years back? Now every month or so a new "flagship" phone is out and older great phones are lost. Some flagship phones from just last year (most of the Droid line of phones) have still to even see a working LP update?? At this rate Android M will be out and no one will care about LP. IMHO LP and all its material design sucks. Heck Google is just now finally catching on to the dark themes. However, they are not really dark or inverted just a weird shade of gray. It is really like some geek @google is saying, "Okay, we'll do what most want and give them a dark themed UI but, do it our Googly way LOL hahahahahah.
Was reading that "Lollipop" was about doing a complete change of the look and feel of the OS, now they stated they want "M" to go back to the basics and focus on the user, and usability and function of the OS. they said that "M" will redefine user control blah blah blah and blah. I couldn't think of a food that would sound good that starts with "M" to use as a name of a new system, then I thought if they say this is going to be basically the "Gold standard" of operating systems, I thought that Android "MINT" would be a good name. Basically it is there Mint operating system, and since the Android logo droid is green, they could market the **** out of it. (just my opinion). My bet on what "M" will be called is "MINT", anyone else got something better? p.s.--I had such a problem once I installed Lollipop on my Verizon s4 that I had them send me a new phone. In a nut shell----Lollipop SUCKED!!!!

Archangel

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
Mint sounds good to me but my bet is milkshake. But then again just because some keep-note speaker at Google IO had a milkshake on his Android watch doesn't mean they will name it that LOL. LP to me was a disaster!

Edit: Oh BTW, the new DropBox 2.6.0.6 should be done tonight,,,dont know if I am going to keep doing 4 versions of it unless they are all wanted??? Your call,,,let me know!

Was reading that "Lollipop" was about doing a complete change of the look and feel of the OS, now they stated they want "M" to go back to the basics and focus on the user, and usability and function of the OS. they said that "M" will redefine user control blah blah blah and blah. I couldn't think of a food that would sound good that starts with "M" to use as a name of a new system, then I thought if they say this is going to be basically the "Gold standard" of operating systems, I thought that Android "MINT" would be a good name. Basically it is there Mint operating system, and since the Android logo droid is green, they could market the **** out of it. (just my opinion). My bet on what "M" will be called is "MINT", anyone else got something better? p.s.--I had such a problem once I installed Lollipop on my Verizon s4 that I had them send me a new phone. In a nut shell----Lollipop SUCKED!!!!

AquilaDroid

Oct 11, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'll bet that they're currently getting bids from the candy companies (maybe M&M) to do another deal like KitKat.

My request for Dropbox is LP/Transparent since you're asking for input.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

mlips821

Feb 6, 2015
Atlantic City
A liquid OS? could be

Mint sounds good to me but my bet is milkshake. But then again just because some keep-note speaker at Google IO had a milkshake on his Android watch doesn't mean they will name it that LOL. LP to me was a disaster!

Edit: Oh BTW, the new DropBox 2.6.0.6 should be done tonight,,,dont know if I am going to keep doing 4 versions of it unless they are all wanted??? Your call,,,let me know![/Q]

thanks again for all the work you are putting in on making these apps. look better than the original. dont know what the majority is requesting but could use an inverted KK. and a Transparent KK also would be nice. again though its your time and effort so what ever you release will be fine.
thanks again. appreciate everything.
P.S.-didnt even think of "milkshake", dont think they ever did a liquid operating system though, only edible foods I think is the MO :laugh:

Reactions: Archangel

bigtom624

Jun 23, 2010
Philadelphia Pa.
Edit: Oh BTW, the new DropBox 2.6.0.6 should be done tonight,,,dont know if I am going to keep doing 4 versions of it unless they are all wanted??? Your call,,,let me know![/QUOTE]

I really like the Transparent one myself.

Reactions: hb17

Archangel

Jul 14, 2010
Reno, NV
DropBox has been updated with Inverted and Transparent DropBox 2.6.0.6, enjoy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-31-02-44-56.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-31-02-44-56.png
    95.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Screenshot_2015-05-31-02-37-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-05-31-02-37-32.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 356

the_lonewolf

Apr 11, 2013
Edit: Oh BTW, the new DropBox 2.6.0.6 should be done tonight,,,dont know if I am going to keep doing 4 versions of it unless they are all wanted??? Your call,,,let me know!
If you ask me, I always prefer inverted apps, and since I "upgraded" to LP, I prefer inverted LP apps. :) Thank you!
And, even if nobody asked, I( hate) don't like very much material design. :D

Reactions: Archangel

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.
@Archangel
I like anything inverted from you with some transparency within the app and your touch of blue. ?
Would like to see that tut you mentioned you were planning on adding to the tools section. Whenever you get time to make it ok. ?

AquilaDroid

Oct 11, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I haven't had any issues with the transparent Play Store.

Archangel - is there some way to eliminate the blue boxes under the calendar entries in the transparent calendar? It doesn't match all the other transparent apps. I thought it might be one of the layers I've installed, but it doesn't seem to be.

mikep2323

Dec 14, 2011
DropBox has been updated with Inverted and Transparent DropBox 2.6.0.6, enjoy!

New dropbox looks nice, thanks. Quick question, I was trying to install the carousel app to go with dropbox it says signatures don't match so to install dropbox from play store. Is there anything I can do to be able to use that app? Thanks

Top Liked Posts