Sense 7 apps on Lollipop Sense 6

Search This thread
Sense 7 has been out for some months already and one of its best features is theming capability. The Themes app is available on devices running Sense 6 on Lollipop, but most stock apps still follows the old theme system, which only has 4 themes.

Luckily, some of the Sense 7 apps can be installed on Sense 6 without root. Here are the ones I've tested on my M8Sx (single-SIM, WWE Asia). Some of these apps are available on APKMirror and the rest are extracted from Sense 7 ROMs or system dumps of the M8, M9, or A9. They can be uninstalled cleanly - if you can't uninstall them from Settings, try dragging them from the app drawer to the trash icon, or using an application manager.

Here are some images of the new apps: http://imgur.com/a/ZaI5u#0
In case you haven't noticed, some of the apps have square dots on the menu button and some have round dots. The ones with round dots are taken from MaximusHD ROM, based on Android 5.1. Perhaps on 5.1, Sense 7 will go with round dots like stock Android.

Last edited:

sivajithee

Dec 16, 2010
chennai
Of course. You only need to uninstall the Sense 7 version first.

But how I can know that an update is available when sense 7 version is already installed (already I have installed sense 7 clock and phone app though)..

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

how to uninstall the htc contact dialer app v7 or how to uninstall the updates?.. cant find any option to uninstall the updates

But how I can know that an update is available when sense 7 version is already installed (already I have installed sense 7 clock and phone app though)..

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

how to uninstall the htc contact dialer app v7 or how to uninstall the updates?.. cant find any option to uninstall the updates

Most of these apps I've listed here are either not on the Play Store (such as Contacts, widgets, Mail, Calendar) or their latest versions are not compatible with the E8 (Camera, Tasks) so there is no need to check for updates.

To uninstall them, drag them from your app drawer to the uninstall icon on your home screen.

By the way, you should uninstall the Sense 7 Clock app (not the widget!). It's available on the Play Store and is compatible with the E8.

Reactions: sivajithee

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
Clock Widget 7.0.497815: It adds two widgets - a THEMEABLE transparent one and a solid one.

I had a question regarding the themeable clock widget, is it totally themeable? Like even on the homescreen we'll be able to get different clock styles from the themes right? Did you check whether it's working properly or not?
Also, do the dialer and contacts app work properly? Without any crashes and bugs?
Thanks a lot btw. :)

Last edited:
I had a question regarding the themeable clock widget, is it totally themeable? Like even on the homescreen we'll be able to get different clock styles from the themes right? Did you check whether it's working properly or not?
Also, do the dialer and contacts app work properly? Without any crashes and bugs?

The transparent clock is totally themeable, but the solid clock isn't and always looks like the default one on Sense 7. Take a look at the album I've posted and see for yourself.

I haven't got any problems with the contacts and dialler app, but my phone is single-SIM and I extracted that app from a single-SIM ROM so it may not work on dual-SIM phones. Luckily, it's easy to uninstall the app in case anything goes wrong. If the app doesn't work for you, try using the apk from BinDroid.

Reactions: Silver.Shadow

Silver.Shadow

Jan 15, 2014
Bangalore
The transparent clock is totally themeable, but the solid clock isn't and always looks like the default one on Sense 7. Take a look at the album I've posted and see for yourself.

I haven't got any problems with the contacts and dialler app, but my phone is single-SIM and I extracted that app from a single-SIM ROM so it may not work on dual-SIM phones. Luckily, it's easy to uninstall the app in case anything goes wrong. If the app doesn't work for you, try using the apk from BinDroid.

Have you tried the latest camera app update which came out 3-4 days back? Does it work with the E8 too? Any clue where I can get that apk if it works?
I tried contacting HTC about why the camera isn't available for E8 via playstore. They said it was an issue with Google and will take some time to fix. :rolleyes:

Have you tried the latest camera app update which came out 3-4 days back? Does it work with the E8 too? Any clue where I can get that apk if it works?
I tried contacting HTC about why the camera isn't available for E8 via playstore. They said it was an issue with Google and will take some time to fix. :rolleyes:

It's on APKMirror. I edited my post yesterday to include the update. APKMirror has a Pushbullet channel to check for app updates, so if you've got Pushbullet you can receive notifications for them.

Reactions: Silver.Shadow

edward-riko

Jul 5, 2006
I installed the programs below and all works very well

•Camera 7.15.563434
•Contacts 7.0.502006
•HTC Mail 9.0.550299
•FM Radio 7.0.549341
•Calendar 7.01.555533
•Data Usage 7.0.488557
•File Manager 7.00.551696

regards
edward

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sense 7 has been out for some months already and one of its best features is theming capability. The Themes app is available on devices running Sense 6 on Lollipop, but most stock apps still follows the old theme system, which only has 4 themes.

Luckily, some of the Sense 7 apps can be installed on Sense 6 without root. Here are the ones I've tested on my M8Sx (single-SIM, WWE Asia). Some of these apps are available on APKMirror and the rest are extracted from Sense 7 ROMs or system dumps of the M8, M9, or A9. They can be uninstalled cleanly - if you can't uninstall them from Settings, try dragging them from the app drawer to the trash icon, or using an application manager.

In case you haven't noticed, some of the apps have square dots on the menu button and some have round dots. The ones with round dots are taken from MaximusHD ROM, based on Android 5.1. Perhaps on 5.1, Sense 7 will go with round dots like stock Android.
    Please include Sense 7 Keyboard app also.

You can download the keyboard and language packs here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/htc-corporation/. I've installed the keyboard but next-word prediction only seems to work for English, so I decided not to include it in this thread.

Most of these apps I've listed here are either not on the Play Store (such as Contacts, widgets, Mail, Calendar) or their latest versions are not compatible with the E8 (Camera, Tasks) so there is no need to check for updates.

To uninstall them, drag them from your app drawer to the uninstall icon on your home screen.

By the way, you should uninstall the Sense 7 Clock app (not the widget!). It's available on the Play Store and is compatible with the E8.
    Thx for the apps. Would be great if You could extract and upload an sms app :)

Sent from my HTC One_E8 using XDA Free mobile app